the Rift

[PRIVATE] let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
[quote='Megaera' pid='188823' dateline='1474768002']

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

A voice came, softer than the battlemare had ever heard it, but the word it spoke so gently felt like iron in her heart. No, no please don’t call me that. Ampere, who had given her the name, it seemed would be present for both her rise and her fall—the later so much less momentous. Megaera’s eyes shut tight against the moniker, a subtle flinch but she gave no more sign of distress caused by the blue mare than that. Perhaps she might have tensed against some tirade on her failings the other might have thought to hurl at her but it would have been nothing that Meg hadn’t though of already.

But Ampere settled calmly beside her, and that was almost worse. Meg could have left thinking that they all wanted her gone, that they were all glad to see her go and that would have been easier than this. She heard ampere’s quiet words, her thanks, and for the first time felt a twinge of regret for the decision she had felt compelled to make. If so much in the Throat had changed, if all she had been built had tumbled, why now did the Blue pick this moment to reach out to her?

At the soft touch upon her shoulder, a sharp rasping intake of breath broke her silence. She had never fully understood Ampere; in the long years they had been often at odds but Meg had never had anything but respect for the other mare. Hadn’t they stood together when it counted? Meg’s eyes lifted, searching to meet Ampere’s, reaching for that lifeline like a drowning victim Her ship was wrecked upon this shore but she still loved it so, her home wasn’t hers anymore but it still killed to say goodbye.

”You’ll find me, won’t you? If ever I’m needed again?” If ever I am wanted again. There was a desperation in her voice, underneath the bleak sorrow, a need in her heart to know that all her years and her love had not been wasted here. She would go and care for her children, lick her wounds and heal but even amidst the dregs of bitterness and grief she knew if the Sun called she would answer. If her friends called…

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds - by Megaera - 09-24-2016, 09:59 PM