the Rift

[PRIVATE] let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

Megaera's response was a wash of relief across Ampere's body. Though it did nothing to staunch the pain that pulsed in tempo with her heart beat, the blood pounding raw against her bruises and battered bits, it at least was something soothing to her equally tortured heart and soul. The tension she hadn't even noticed she'd retained, waned, and whatever strong front Ampere had managed to put on crumbled away into dust.

She could only proffer a weak smile to Megaera's words, though it quickly slipped into a slanted frown, born as much of her physical aches as emotional ones. "I hope you mean that. Stay here, at least for a day. I can't hold you forever...I won't, not if you truly want to leave." That's just it, isn't it? Megaera hadn't really wanted to go, that was the truth beneath all of this. She just felt like she couldn't stay, and Ampere needed her to face that, because, "I need you, Megaera." Ampere's eyes fluttered as she blinked longer than usual, dry throat gulping against the agony and despair swirling around inside of her. "We need you."

She swayed on the spot, head held low to help balance her as she mirrored the bay mare and gingerly picked up the knife she'd tossed into the fray, stowing it back in her sheath with an electric hand.Her injured wing was loosely tucked at her side, but her other one extended towards Megaera as they moved towards each other in this moment of mourning.
"I did too," she forcefully whispered in response to Megaera, the words shaky as she exhaled them past trembling lips. Unlike her sister, Ampere was still accosted by tears, and silently they spilled down her cheeks now as the bay mare dredged up what Ampere had managed to hide for this brief fight. It had been a nice respite while it lasted, a distraction from the reality Ampere was forced to face- a life without Gaucho.

"I had never worried about him," she managed after a moment of regaining composure. "Because he'd always been so strong." Not just a physical strength, but Ampere knew she didn't have to clarify that for this mare. "I just wish I knew why," she pressed the confession from her lips with an almost bitter edge. "Why he-" she couldn't bring herself to say died, not this early. "Why he couldn't be healed. Why the Sun didn't save him. Why now... why him." Why not her?! Ampere had done so much wrong in her lifetime, didn't she deserve to die in his stead? He had so much left to give, and she was just a shadow in comparison. So why him?

Gods, why.

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds - by Ampere - 11-11-2016, 08:09 PM