the Rift

The Dragged Heirloom

Guinevere Posts: 5
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3 (Ages in Orangemoon)
Dream
GUINEVERE
Hooves carried the former Crown Princess into the woods, eyes wide in fear as she glanced behind her. Her cropped mane and tail flew behind her as she crossed through the borderline of this place called Helovia though she didn't know that of course. She felt an odd sensation, but didn't notice anything different. It was only when she had her head turned to watch out behind her that she suddenly ran into a thicket of thorns. "Ouch, ouch!" She cried as the thorns ripped into her soft pelt, a pelt never toughened by days of hard labor in the sun. Turning her horns towards the thorns, she attempted to use her magic to cut them, but was shocked when she found out her magic was gone.

She continued to struggle, thinking that struggling would help her get free. She didn't know that struggling would only make the situation worse. The thorns continued to dig into her soft grullo fur the more she struggled. The former Crown Princess was nothing but a commoner here, but she was okay with that since her former ranking had caused her nothing but trouble. The only indication of her former ranking a small silver circlet on her head, her crown from her homeland. Shortly after being secreted away from her home, she had chopped off her long, luscious mane and tail. It was too easy to identify the Crown Princess with her long, silky hair and thus she kept it cropped short these days. Her mane and tail were still silky, though they were not long anymore.

Word Count: 263

OOC: Anyone but the Throat please! I've already got someone in the Throat <3

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

She's been lingering here, in the Threshold, overnight. Not recruiting, no, but hunting! There is a special night-blooming vine that thrives and climbs the aspens of these forests. It's giant fragrant petals make steam smell like lilacs and even dye the water bright purple! She's had no luck so far and now morning is here. Soon it will be too cold for the night-blooming flower, she only has a few more nights to find her bounty.

No frost, so surely the mists are here to stay for the morning and even through half of the quiet day. Tangere naps while her corvid friend soars off in search of some sort of meal – he hopes an elk carcass, he's had a craving lately. She watches him go up and away, the quaking leaves covering the sky from her view. Soon after she hears a commotion not far off from her. She can always recognize struggle sounds.

Her doe-feet pick their way silently through the small distance of forest between her and the sounds, she tries to hurry but is quite cautious of what she may be approaching. With her companion gone for the moment, she's always leery with him away from her side . As her pulse quickens with the delight of mystery and possibly fear, she tells herself Phrixus would be here in a flash if she should come upon any sort danger.

Oh,” Her sweet voice bubbles from her with some surprise. When she rounds the chunks of trees in her way she sees the girl tangled in prickle-bushes. Delicious berries, ferocious teeth. “Here, stop moving,” She gently prods the girl with a bump of her pink nose to her shoulder, “Be still and I'll get them off.” She delicately pushes each branch away, very carefully lifting them from the girls tender skin. She works for a while, stepping back and examining the once tangled unicorn, “Can you get out now?” She steps back, ready to spring in for help if need be.

Tangere
& Phrixus

image | coding

@Guinevere

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk
        It was a lovely day for a stroll she decided. The pearl tossed her head back, letting the breeze at her back tug fresh autumn air into her face. For a while she had subtly mourned the passing of summer. Her heart beating heavy for the light invigorating hot sun. Yet there came with the seasonal change a crisp fresh air, like the blast of a storm rolling out in the ocean. It was a sensation she had often missed, and one she was now, gladly taking advantage of to fuel another outing.

This journey out into Helovia had with it some purpose for once. In the meadows where the herd members grazed she’d heard of a place up creature came from other lands, an entrance. When she’d asked the child had been told of this Threshold. This was a place where you were supposed to meet others. So when she’d woken with some desire to go on a small adventure, this is where her hooves carried her.

Hooves are still said, for though the girl often saw creatures fly above her head in the most strange of lands, her own mind still thought it impossible. It hadn’t yet had the courage to question it either. To tap the glass might shatter the illusion. Besides she hadn’t really gotten close enough to ask anyone either.

So she walked. Or rather floated. Her practiced light step, practically a mark of heritage, was still clearly marking this girl as from a different world, or at least a different life.

The pearl danced until she was caught short by a sound to her right. Curled ears stood on end, and though the voice did not sounds exactly…well, good. She none the less practically giggled with excitement. She’d found someone!

Now put on a proper face, the voices of old reminded her. Wings slicked and tucked close and her heavy breath slowed to a calm rhythm before she stepped closer to the sounds. Into sight she stepped gingerly and with a trained grace. “Hello.” Her voice rolled warmly, though instantly it’s followed by, “Oh!” as she spotted this creature’s most unfortunate situation, and another already stepping into assist. The creature was a most curious thing, the colors were so exotic, yet it seemed the poor dear had found itself caught in some rather rude bush.  You see, Adria wasn’t much more experienced in matters of ‘the wild’ than this poor new mare. The other mare was already speaking kinds words of help, but the dove that Adria was not one to move on at such a sight.

Her steps carried her on forward. “Here let me help too.” It was selfless and blind to any protest, or reaction from the other. A wing, feathers trundling in an upbeat breeze, stretched out and curled inward toward her, where upon its guard the girl gingerly bit. In a sudden flash, four blades sprung from the casing, extending with a sheen of metal, and locking with foreboding clicks. The contrast of the child with such weapons was ever so strange. She steps forward, ready to offer the aid so generously and unthinkingly given. Her smile, never so broad and pure.

The furthest primary blade reaches last few of the vine trapping the poor dear from the opposite side of the grey mare. It ran under the thorns and then lifted. The cords protested, but then without much fuss were sliced upon the sharp edge, falling away. Had she really done much to help couldn’t be said, but she wouldn’t count the exacts. Instead she steps back, her grin beaming at the other two, her bladed wing still carefully extended. “Yes, try now dear.” Her voice rolled in some older tones of superiority, but coated in gentleness and caring. All the while her mane rolled and danced across her neck, a sign that while outwardly she was calm, inwardly her heart was racing with the possibility of what was to come.

Outcast
Dream
GUINEVERE
She had continued to struggle, feeling the thorns dig into her skin. Her antlered head turned towards the sound of a voice. "Huh..?" She said softly, her voice a gentle tinkling sound almost like a bell. Her ears perked as the other unicorn touched her shoulder with her pink muzzle. Another mare came up, this one winged like some of those who loved in the provinces her parents controlled. She'd seen some before. She continued to struggle for a moment, before she realized that the other unicorn had told her to stop moving. And then the pegasus came forward, blades extending off her wings. Eyes widened, but she kept still, not wanting to hurt herself even further. After a few minutes, the other unicorn and the pegasus had her untangled from the brambles. She shook herself, wincing at the little scratches made by the thorns on her grullo and tobiano coat. If her parents could see her now... They would be ever so disappointed in their daughter. Having to rely on someone else to get her out of a mess, that was not something they taught her to do. And yet look what had happened to her.

"A thousand thanks from the Cro- Thanks for helping me." She said softly, nearly revealing who she truly was. Who knew if the stallion who tried to force her to accept his hoof in marriage was around here? Best not to reveal her identity to those she wasn't super close to. "My name is Guinevere. Might you tell me where I am? I have traveled far, and I am weary. If you have a place where I could rest my hooves, please tell." Guinevere said softly, flicking her short tail. Her head inclined slightly, the deer antlers on her head moving as well. "Also my magic doesn't appear to be working... Is there a reasoning to this? I carried magic from the time I was young, before I arrived here. It is strange to be missing my magic. Usually I can get out of a situation like I was in without assistance." She stated. The circlet on her head glinted slightly in the sun, the diamonds around the entirety of it glimmering.

Word Count: 369

OOC: @Adria @Tangere

"Speech!"

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

She giggles at the mare's friendly gratitude, stepping back to allow room for both woman to stand comfortably in their make shift circle. She's never seen either mare before, but the smell of rain and wet jungle clinging to the white mare's feathers is an obvious clue as to where she comes from. The other mare, the unicorn named Guinevere, is clearly a new face.

Tangere doesn't hesitate to take her turn on the welcome train. Giving both women a nod and smile of honest kindness, settling her hazelnut eyes on the other unicorn. “Well firstly,” She draws a chuckling breath, “I am Tangere.” She flicks her rosy nose toward the east and west, gesturing to all around them, “And this is Helovia.” The wind blows just then as if to say 'welcome'; the cool breeze smelling of changing leaves and stirred soil. Tangere takes the smell in and holds it there for a second, relishing quietly for a second.

Before she can unfold the commercial for real estate in the Basin, which she always kind of hates doing and also kind of loves it, the noble looking girl asks another question. The silvery painted woman tosses her shortened tail and focuses her eyes once more. “Helovia strips away the magic of anywhere else – only Helovian magic works here.” She pauses to shift her stance and get her words together. “We do indeed have a place for you to rest your tired self – I come from the north, from the cool mountains and pine forests of the Aurora Basin. I invite you to follow me home there, you're more then welcome to join us.” She allows that to be then end of her talk, it's certainly the winged woman's turn now and Tangere wouldn't want to be rude.

She gets briefly distracted with looking to the skies for her companion. She waits for his shadow to come dancing across the ground, for the tingle of his closeness to fill her brain. He is close, he found a meal, he'll surely be along soon.

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

@Guinevere @Adria

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
Aquila
There had been a push from the Earth God, himself, to grow and re-establish the Hidden Falls once again. And there was some part of the warrioress that had wished to cleave those curled, useless horns from his head with her own, bladed seaborne horn. He had ignored her pleas on their gods forsaken black rock only to return to call for assistance his his own herd? The ridges along her neck undulated with the ferocity of her anger.

But there was another part of her—the part that had won out when she had left the Earth God’s presence—that couldn’t entirely disregard the idea of carrying out the God’s wishes in hopes that he would bring her people from the Rift. Or return her to her people. So, on webbed and cloven feet (toughened by her time out of the water) she began to journey East from her new home (scaled ears twitched at the thought of a ’new’ home).

Her extended time on land, rather than in the sea, had brought about changes in the mare that even she could not discount. Her body was heavier, more solid; the muscles of her neck grew more pronounced as it had to hold up her head against gravity. And traveling long distances had become easy, as told by her long legs’ swift trot into the Threshold’s trees.

Ridged nostrils flare—she had become accustomed to scenting the air rather than seas—and she smells blood. Perhaps Aquila is more sensitized to smelling the metallic tang from her hunting habits beneath the waves. Regardless, her dark, webbed hooves agilely pick her way through the underbrush, towards the smell; and perked ears begin to catch sounds, voices.

Her plated legs abruptly halt the moment she breaks upon the gathering, too-large and unblinking eyes landing first on the blue-tinted wings of a woman she recognized from the Falls. She studied them warily for a few moments, before her sharp stare followed the the twisted length of the pale woman’s horn, before finally landing on the one whose blood had drawn her here.

And, for the first time in Aquila’s life, she didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t that the warrioress was a verbose woman (in fact, the opposite was true). It was because, in all of her life, she had been only a soldier. Not a recruiter or a woman of small-talk. Her words were about business and order and information.

So, uncharacteristically, she shifted uneasily on her striped legs as she studied the thorn’s tears in the woman’s soft, heather coat. She eyed the many tines of her branching antlers, her practical mind wondering if many, duller tines would be more effective than her single, sharply bladed horn in battle.

And then, with a slight flare of her nostrils and a deep breath, her throaty voice began to speak, “I am Aquila, of the Hidden Falls, like this one,” her aquamarine horn glinted as she gestured towards the pegasus mare, “We have Medics that can heal your wounds. They have seen to many of mine. You are welcome to join our rank.” She paused for a moment, unblinking eyes watching for the grey, striped woman’s reaction before continuing, “The Falls’ ranks dwindle and the Earth God has asked us to reach out to newcomers. There are many opportunities in the herd.” Though Aquila, herself, had little ambition for climbing ranks (unlike many of her Akvian brethren), she had seen it appeal to others.

And then she fell silent, barbed tail swaying uneasily around her haunches for a moment (What did she do, now?), before once again speaking, “I will lead you, if you join us.” And, ever a woman of action, the mare turned on her webbed feet and began to move back in the direction of the Hidden Falls.
"... in a single day and night of misfortune, the island disappeared into the depths of the sea."
credit

@Guinevere

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Outcast
Dream
GUINEVERE
Ears twitched as the first unicorn introduced herself. A smile graced her face, and she inclined her head slightly, though it was stiff as she was unaccustomed to doing such a thing. Face formed into an 'oh' shape as the unicorn explained why her magic no longer worked here. Shaking leaves from her cropped mane and tail, she listened carefully to what the pale unicorn had to say. So this place was called Helovia. And the unicorn in front of her was from a herd called the Aurora Basin. Interesting. Though the sound of the territory did not appeal to her, having been raised in a place she could always see the sky. If she joined this Aurora Basin herd, would she not get to see her beautiful and beloved skies? Glancing up, she noted that the trees here made it hard for her to see the skies. It would be unbearable to live knowing the sky was there but rarely see it.

The winged mare was silent, though not long it was until another unicorn looking creature made an appearance. The Crown Princess had noted her presence as soon as she arrived, but had decided to wait for her to speak before she made notice of her. So her name was Aquila. And both her and the pegasus were from a place called the Hidden Falls. That place sounded promising! And they had someone who could heal her thorn wounds? Even better. Ears perked forwards at the strange unicorn creature's words. Earth God? Who was this Earth God? Obviously someone she needed to learn more about. When Aquila spoke of leading her towards the lands and began to move off, she followed after her. "Farewell Tangere! I hope we can meet again soon!" She called, shooting a smile over her shoulder at the mare.  

Exit Guinevere after Aquila

"Speech"

Word Count: 306

OOC: Sorry this took so long!