the Rift

[PRIVATE] the tide pulls from the moon

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
“It’s cold tonight,” the blue mare murmurs between herself and her companion, tucking her head in towards her chest as a shiver ripples down the length of her spine. Nimue chirps once in acknowledgement, brushing up against her bonded’s shoulder every now and again, although she is not quite as bothered by the frosty weather. While she has yet to experience winter, Nimue is descended from large mammals who are used to frigid temperatures in the depths of the ocean, so the young leviathan has an ample amount of blubber to keep her comfortable enough. If anything, it is more of a daunting unknown.

The mare, on the other hand, is not so fortunate. With hot blood coursing through her veins and satin skin stretched thinly over supple muscles, Tiamat is not built for the cold. She adores her mountain home, of course, but it isn’t often that she must brace the winter without shelter, fire, or company. Instead she focuses on Nimue, who has taken happily to the snow. With excited leaps into the air, the little orca bounds forward enthusiastically.

Trailing after her companion, Tiamat steps lightly through the snow, glancing up to the sky and watching how her breath trails in white wisps along the clouds. It is peaceful here—the stillness is almost fragile in the way it softens the air, as though the entire forest is holding its breath for fear of disturbing it. In the calmness, she almost forgets how cold she is, her cloven toes following the tilt of the earth as they trail through the soft snow.

Only when Nimue suddenly glides around her does the ocean mare descend again to reality, long lashes fluttering as she watches the young orca dart behind her before settling at her opposite shoulder. “Nimue,” the mare laughs gently, reaching to nuzzle her companion’s smooth head. Her gaze follows the trail of those large baby blues, resting on the dark figure not far ahead—no doubt the stranger who had startled the little Leviathan. Casting a sideways smile to her bonded, Tiamat reaches out to the shadowy figure without hesitation. “Hello there,” she calls to him with soft sopranos, the white of her eyes glittering from the colorful fruits.

“You wouldn’t mind some company tonight, would you?” Tiamat asks when she draws closer, offering the dark stallion a pleasant grin (brimming with genuineness and delight) before she halts at his side. Arching her neck, the blue Mender offers her velvet muzzle in a kindly greeting, seeking to exchange breathes in a gesture of friendship that is nearly habitual for her. She can feel the heat of their bodies radiating between them, and her satin skin ripples once with the change of temperature. It would be nice to share the night with someone.

Looking up to the stallion’s face, she marvels at how his pale markings twinkle ever so gently, reminding her of her sister stars. Seeing his features more clearly now, her curiosity is too large to swallow before it bubbles from her tongue: “You look familiar—have we met before? I can be terrible at remembering names sometimes.” Tiamat shakes her head at herself, laughter whispering against her lips. “I’m Tiamat, and this is Nimue,” she motions to the Leviathan, who silently eyes the stranger with her crystal blue eyes.

notes; Hope you don't mind that I updated the season! I've procrastinated so long and so much has happened :3
Nimue reference
“Speech.”
and I can be your light
in the dark I will shine to guide you

@Mesec | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-08-2016, 01:53 AM