the Rift

[PRIVATE] the tide pulls from the moon

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

A soft chuckle escaped Mesec at the enthusiasm with which Tiamat realized she knew who his children were. If his son and daughter were wandering Helovia and only met those with the kindness of this mare, he would not need to worry about them. “I am.” His smile was wide when he spoke those soft words, the sort of smile that Mesec only wore when thinking of his children (and, he’d soon realize, those he considered family - for a little lightning colt once brought out the same smile in him). Though their beauty must surely be attributed to their mother, Mesec was was proud to say that the black and silver colt and filly were his. The joy that connection brought him was unlike anything he had ever felt before.

At the question about whether the twins were in the Basin, and he as well, Mesec hesitated just slightly - wondering how best to explain the situation. Mesec wasn’t one to lie, not if he could help it, not even when there was no reason for him to tell the truth to a complete stranger. But, at least, he could (and would) avoid the details of how he had once lived in the Basin - kind as Tiamat was, there were some experiences that you just don’t share upon a first meeting. “No actually… uh, I lived there a long time ago but they’re actually living with me in the Edge now. Their mother been so busy lately so I thought I would look after them…” He could not possibly explain that Tiamat would not have seen him visiting his son and daughter because while they were still very young he had posed an incredible danger to them and he had not allowed himself any more contact but to visit once and confirm what his mother had told him, that he was a father.

At Tiamat’s compliment for Lucius, the zephyr chortled happily while Mesec replied. “Thank you, he likes to think that he is.” Mesec sent a cheeky smile to his companion who promptly turned his chortling into something close to a snort as he settled into a comfortable position on the branch he was on. Though Lucius was curious about Nimue, he was also aware that his large wings and talons could be intimidating if he tried to fly over towards her. He knew (and enjoyed) the taste of fish and while he briefly wondered whether this whale-creature would taste the same, he also did not want to frighten her or her bonded away.

He was of the impression that Mesec could use more friends and it would not be his actions that scared away this mare.

Mesec’s silver eyes watched with a soft smile as Tiamat brushed her muzzle against her companion’s side before responding to the question he had asked about her. A leviathan! It was good to have a name for the creature, and incredible to learn that at least one other existed in Helovia. “How wonderful! I have a friend that would be very interested in meeting her, he’s very fond of whales.” Perhaps, if Mesec ever earned the right for forgiveness from his young friend, he could share this new knowledge.

But thoughts of Zero would only darken his mind and Mesec instead changed the subject, referring back to one they had touched upon moments ago. “Are you from the Basin?”

Mesec the Nightwind

@Tiamat
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-08-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-14-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-17-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-20-2016, 06:57 PM