the Rift

[PRIVATE] the tide pulls from the moon

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean mare doesn’t notice the brief hesitation of Mesec’s response when she questions him about the Basin. Her attention is too easily consumed by the way his silver eyes shine with talk of his children, how his lips soften into a doting grin, how even the timbre of his voice is markedly affectionate, undoubtedly adoring his son and daughter. Just watching him, she finds herself almost mirroring his expression, the dainty lines of her features warming gently. Although she is not a parent herself (and thus cannot fully grasp the love between mother and child), the Mender is brimming with an innate sense of affection for all things. Every living creature—with or without a heartbeat—is dear to the ocean mare. It makes her heart swell to see the same love reflected in the stallion.

With ears slanting forward to soak in everything from this beautiful moment, Tiamat is casually caught off-guard when Mesec reveals that he, in fact, is not from the Basin. “Oh I see,” she murmurs, more saddened than anything (indeed, she feels strangely dismayed to find that he does not share her mountain home, more so than she has any right to hold towards a stranger). But, he is no stranger to her now—she won’t allow them to be anything short of friends.

“Well that’s very thoughtful of you to take them in—I’m sure they love you for it. A father’s love is very important for a child,” Tiamat continues with an honest smile, hoping that she hadn’t made him feel bad with her initial reaction (she has never been able to hide her emotions well).

Shifting her hooves in the snow and wrapping her lion tail around her flanks, she gives the silvered stallion a playful grin. “Whenever you and your darlings come back to visit their mother in the Basin, don’t forget to say hello before leaving; or else I might have to actually visit this Edge of the world and track you down,” the blue mare laughs breathlessly, being sure to keep the level down this time. Of course, she threatens him purely in jest, very much hoping to see both him and his children on (many) other occasions.

Quieting her laughter to a purring hum, the Mender listens when Mesec mentions his whale-loving friend (a glittering white-eyed glance is also given to the large Zephyr as he snickers happily to his bonded). “Is that so?” She says as she turns her gaze again to the dark stallion, long lashes fluttering in the frigid night air. “You’ll have to introduce us sometime! Nimue is certainly a jewel from the sea,” she hugs the Leviathan again, and Nimue creeps forward to hover more at the back of Tiamat’s shoulder, her shyness slowly melting to give way to her curiosity.

Of course—not that anyone present is aware—the ocean mare has already crossed paths with Mesec’s little lightning friend (several seasons ago, when monsters had plagued Helovia and brought hatred with them). The colt’s metal side and earthen golem would be impossible to forget; but that is all conversation for another time.

Soon Mesec questions her about the Aurora Basin, and the mare’s eyes are suddenly alight with pleasure. “I am!” She confirms with a broad smile, leaning a step closer to him as her enthusiasm bubbles. “I’m a healer there—a Time Mender. It’s been my home for several years now, and has become very dear to me,” her tone lilts tenderly, ever adoring of her beloved mountains, snowy peaks, and the people within. To her, it is a place unlike anything else.

“How long ago did you live there? Why did you leave?” Tiamat questions him without thinking, smiling brightly, carried away by her curiosity. Only after the fact does she catch herself, dainty ears splaying to the side as her smile turns bashful. “If you don’t mind me asking.”

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
and I can be your light
in the dark I will shine to guide you

@Mesec | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-08-2016, 01:53 AM