the Rift

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest]

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
The ivory man shifted in the makeshift bed he had made. Antaa chirped quietly in his ear, catching his attention to the call that drifted across the Falls. Darwin simply grumbled to his companion, eyes flickering open before rolling at the excited bird. His companion was far too excited for these kinds of events, and it mildly annoyed the man as she would be persistent and nagging to make sure he did most of the things she wanted. Perhaps it made him a better person, doing what the little bird asked. “Come, come, we go.” She insisted, pushing past the simple chirping for the simplistic child-like sentences. “Fine.” Darwin assured her, pushing his legs out and stretching before standing to heed to the call.

It hadn’t taken them long to find those already gathered. His gaze swiveled around to spot any familiarities, but a sigh passed his lips as no one seemed to capture his attention. The thing that did distract the man, was the fact that his brothers weren’t to be found. His brows furrowed but he made his way further into the group, his barred wings pressed tightly to his sides as he settled beside a unicorn woman and an equine stallion. His head lowered and he nodded to his new Czarina as Antaa settled along his spine, nestling herself in the crook of his wings where his feathers made a comfortable nest. As Isopia began to speak, to talk of promotions. His attention grew as she continued on. Ears perked as his lead spoke of sleuths and about how Knox wasn’t around. It was a shame, the lad would’ve loved to see his long lost brother once again.

However, when the Mountain That Knows had finished speaking, his river stone gaze drifted to the woman beside him as she chirped up. She spoke of warriors, and immediately the man’s interest was piqued. He allowed her to finish, then went to open his bearded maw to speak – only to be cut off by darkened unicorn, offering to challenge the woman beside him to become a champion. It took all the self-control that the ivory Pegasus had to refrain from rolling his eyes once again. “Ask.” His phoenix spoke through his bond. He mentally nodded to her, before letting his gaze settle on Ktulu. “My name’s Darwin, and I’d like to join the warrior ranks as well.” He shifted, offering the mare a small smile. “Feel free to place me wherever is needed, just so long as I know what to do.” Darwin added in, pulling his wings in tighter for his companion.

"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

Stands next to Ktulu and Cowboy, directly speaks to @Ktulu

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest] - by Darwin - 10-01-2016, 04:21 PM