the Rift

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest]

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

HERTZ
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
Dark rimmed ears flicked forward as I listened to the call of the mountainous mare who had welcomed me into the lands of the Falls as a member rather than a prisoner. Lids pulled away from baby blues as I mulled over the idea of what would happen if I just decided to keep napping instead of going to the herd meeting that was being called. Surely I could get away with mumbling something about sleeping too hard and not hearing the calling? Just as I was beginning to close my eyes once again, drifting slowly back to the surreal land of sleep, a couple other members of the Falls wandered past me and I knew that faking my way out of showing up to the meeting was no longer an option. Turned out my napping tree was closer to the clearing in which we met than I had originally thought or hoped.

My weight shifted, pushing my cobalt frame away from the rough bark of the tree I had been leaning against. A sigh slid from ink stained lips as I slowly began moving forward, moving with the trickling crowd towards the clearing where I could hear the large mare, the Mountain that Knows, speaking to those who had already gathered. I broke through the tree line, finding myself standing beside a yellow, tan, and white painted filly with a scowl across her dainty features enough to make even the strongest of warriors wonder who it was in this crowd that the small child carried so much disdain for.

Before I could speak up and ask the pale bird who is was that had wronged her so, the rest of the herd decided it was time to speak up. Those thanking the Czarina for their new found ranks, and those asking the head of their class for a position beneath them, baby blues shifted to the tiger striped stallion who had just been promoted to the top of the spy tier, my place just beneath him. A mental note was made to find my once captor once the meeting was concluded and figure out what our next step was from here. But for now, I would stand back and watch the mass of bodies milling about, realizing why they felt the need to capture members rather than wait on them to join willingly.

"speech"
Tag;; 
Notes;; Is standing next to @Aleta arrives in time to hear himself and Loth promoted as spies and notice the scowl across Aleta's face

Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest] - by Hertz - 10-01-2016, 04:39 PM