the Rift

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

All I wanted was to be alone, but my retreat was stopped by Brendan, the man that had just been promoted to Earth Medic. I was sure that since he was in that position, albeit a new one for him, he was concerned. Surely my behavior wasn't what anyone would consider normal by any means. Even though I didn't want to I stopped and my head swung in his direction. "I'll be fine." I said softly, though at that moment I didn't believe that I ever would be."I'm just tired." Not a complete lie. "I just need to rest." I hoped that he would take my excuse for what it was and return to the meeting that was underway. 

"Congratulations on your promotion, you'll be great." I forced a faint smile, one that didn't reach my eyes but I was trying my hardest to appear to be okay. I turned, intent on continuing my retreat, but the soft, tender touch against my cheek had me frozen in place. The sound of my name spoken in a voice that I recognized had me turning slowly. Tears welled in my eyes, spilled over, and slowly made their way down my face as the God addressed my grief. "It hurts so much." I whispered.

I blinked, listening as the God of the Earth expressed his own pain and watching as he approached, his wings outstretched. My heart ached for him, knowing that he felt the same pain daily, and knowing that he could potentially feel the same pain for the rest of his immortal life. "I'm sorry." I murmured and I stepped forward slowly with the intention to embrace him the same way I had embraced Gaucho and Cera on numerous occasions before if he would allow me to. "But what can I do?" I was only one mare. One grieving mare.

"Be my Czarina, Ranjiri."

What?

I was sure that I looked thunderstruck by his request. Surely there were others far more qualified for that position than I was. I was just a crafter"What? Czarina? Me?" I finally spoke, unable to form complete sentences. I looked past the God, at the rest of the herd, at Isopia. Slowly, my gaze returned to the God of the Earth and I nodded my head. "Okay." I said, still shocked that he thought enough of me to request this of me. "I won't let you down." I hoped that I could live up to that promise.

I wasn't sure what to do next, but I'd been to enough meetings to assume that the correct thing to do was to stand next to Isopia. So I made my way through the crowd and took my position next to the other Czarina. 

"." 

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest] - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2016, 12:56 PM