the Rift

[PRIVATE] and all we are left with is embers [earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

ashes to ashes

The God's massive wing dismissed Volterra's concern that he was taking up too much of his time. He was a God after all, time was a gift given to him in spades. And unlike his brethren, he would happily share some of it with the mortals, when they truly sought him out and weren't merely using him as a means to achieve their ends.

The God listened as Volterra outlined the past few weeks of his life. In truth, the deity was rather surprised to learn that the monolithic stallion had joined a herd; he had always seemed like such a vagrant soul. However that the cause was because of a friend greatly softened the man's heart, and a smile gently creased his features. His empathy and understanding was large enough that he did not hold this against Volterra, as a more bitter man might have. After all, what sort of man abandons his dreams and desires for a friend, but leaves his love (and the God's daughter), alone in her despair? But these thoughts were hardly more than a flicker in the God's mind, before being snuffed out by thoughts of pride and approval.

The God chuckled. "Volterra, despite all that life has thrust your way, you are still very young. An entire lifetime stretches out before you. There is time for you to dwell wherever it is you feel you should be. That you would set aside your ambitions to aid a friend is a foundation upon which greatness is built. If you would ignore those who need you, simply to further your own gains, you would not go far in this life. At least not in my eyes." He added thoughtfully, earthen eyes tilted up at the corners as his smile touched them.

"My brother's herd has always been full of warriors. I trust that your time there will be well spent." Pausing, the God regarded Volterra with a more leveled stare for a moment, before continuing. "And I shall always be here for you Volterra, regardless of where you lay your head and night."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: and all we are left with is embers [earth] - by God of the Earth - 01-01-2017, 12:51 PM