[PRIVATE] that one fool's dream [Adria]

Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
Did he like it here? Had he explored? Tommen regarded the younger mare with contemplation. Who does she think I am? He wondered, for he would have never asked himself the same questions. More importantly, what do I look like to her? Do I really look like the exploring type? His appearance must not have changed much since he had left his home, if she still assumed him to be an adventurer. He had not done things out of pleasure or spirit for some time now; it was a trait he missed being able to express, but was glad he had learned to suppress. Why? Because it made me a child. And a child has no place amongst knights. Amongst men. Which brought him to the troubling idea that he looked like a child, or at least like someone young and energetic. Maybe it was a good thing, he decided; a warrior would often create their initial battle strategy by their opponents appearance. If he got the opportunity to fight once again, being misjudged as a child could give him the advantage of surprise. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it. Maybe in these lands people just explore all the time. It could be a regular thing. Not that fact wasn't important, but it was something to consider. It was another thing that made this land stand out against all the others he had visited.

As for his present company, he didn't understand why he kept answering her. He could just walk away and spare himself the pain of small talk. But if she was just as lost as he, then perhaps she could be an ally of sorts, if a mildly annoying one. Besides, the girl was honest and curious; both were qualities he treasured in others, and wished he could once again find in himself. "No, I have not done much exploring," Tommen stated flatly. Mentally, he sighed, If I'm going to have a conversation, I might as well be convincing at it, he thought. As a member of the court, he'd had quite a bit of practice at such trivial matters, as much as he hated to admit it. "As for liking it here, I guess I do. It is rather beautiful. Though in my experience horrible things can hide in beautiful shells. So I guess we'll wait and see." He cocked his head towards her, still bemused at the fact that he had so easily reverted to his old, extroverted self.

I guess I might as well embrace it. He thought. New life and all that. He finally closed the awkward distance between himself and the mare, assuming a more amiable stance. She was a clever girl to have forced him to open up like this, he admitted. "What is your name, then? I am-"He almost said Ser, and then, he'd almost corrected himself to Lord. But he was neither of those things now. "My name is Tommen."

@Adria

please tag tommen.

Messages In This Thread
that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 09-27-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 10-08-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 10-12-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 10-15-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 12-25-2016, 10:52 PM