the Rift

[PRIVATE] all the stars are just a flicker

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

That he might have guessed their purpose for visiting the Veins did not make the news any easier to hear. The god’s eyes were weighed down with sadness as he listened to Lakota explain about her sickness, how she was beyond what the medics could do to help her. Although he had temporarily relieved the symptoms, the cause of it - of course - was still rooted within her body.

Before he could respond to her, Ktulu spoke up - filled with the stubbornness and fire he knew to expect from her and a mirthless smile pulled at the corner of his mouth as he looked to her. “You would offer her life in exchange for yours, but would she accept such a price to live without you?” His gaze shifted to Lakota, the question hanging in the air for her to answer - though he suspected the answer. The Poisoner, with her wishes for peace and remembrance, did not strike him as the sort who would be so deeply selfish as to accept such a sacrifice. Even if he would allow it.

With a heavy sigh, he responded to Lakota’s wishes - the sadness in his voice evident. “I cannot heal you, Lakota, not enough to save your life. I can give you peace and I can be your guide into the world beyond this but it is not in me to change your fate so drastically.” His gaze shifted to Ktulu for a moment, who should have known this would be his answer. He had not been able to return life to their son either. But, he supposed, love and bonds made those tied with them seek out any miracle they could when it was needed. He could not fault them for asking.

“And I can grant you your wish, to leave behind a piece of yourself in the form of a new life.” That, at least, he thought fitting - that a new life would enter this world as another left it. “But it is something you both need to consent to, for it will not be you, Lakota, who will need to pay the price of this magic.” And again he looked to Ktulu, though there was nothing but patience in his demeanour. It was certainly a lot to digest, the news that Lakota would not be saved and that she, Ktulu, would need to face the quest to see their second child come to life on her own. He would not rush her to agree to the idea Lakota had put forth when there was no need to.

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 09-29-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 10-19-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 11-03-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by God of the Earth - 11-15-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 11-23-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 12-25-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 01-05-2017, 02:35 AM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 01-05-2017, 05:37 PM