the Rift

[OPEN] Fall Underneath

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

*You should learn.*

I rolled my eyes before I could stop myself. Yer-Sher-Leeeern,” I breathed in the barest possible whisper, my voice a sing-song mockery of Kis’ know-it-all attitude. It was the last fucking thing I needed at that moment because Chico was already rubbing salt on the wound and all my patience had been worn down miles ago. But at the very least, I guess a return to this bullshit from her--something I expected to come out of her mouth--and none of the silent, pained brooding that had been the norm since she walked away from killin’ a dude was a sign that, at the very least, something was beginning to heal.

And I was unprepared at how…glad I was for it.

I mean, still pissed obviously. Just….ugh fuck off.

She started talking nonsense about some bridge (I mean, hell, I knew about the bridge, I just forgot about it, whatever) and turned away from me, I guess in order to go look for it. Telling me to come on in the process. Bitch, I thought I was the one who was taking us here, the fuck? She turned away from me and I immediately stuck my tongue out at her, my eyes wide and my face pulled in an exaggerated grimace.

“Uh--” I stammered, my face clearing up in a second, “Oh.”

Cuz there was Ma.

Of course.

She wasn’t too close to us yet but she would’ve been near enough to see the noble, mature expression on my face. I mean, she was already greeting us, greeting me, like she was genuinely happy to see me. And I could’ve been agitated about yet another thing (looking like an idiot in front of my Moms ‘n stuff) but at that moment I was so caught off guard by the warmth of Ma’s pale presence that it melted the edge off my attitude. “Hey, Ma,” I said, and it came out a little sheepishly and I couldn’t stop a tiny smile from curving my jaw, “S’good to see you.”

I felt a zpsnk! and the weight on my back grew heavier as Chico switched to his beastly body, clutching at my wither as I felt him gaze at Ma intensely. I didn’t realize--Chico hadn’t ever met Ma before, had he? At least not face-to-face like this (remember, the last time I had seen Ma he’d been way too busy taking a shit). He’d seen her before, of course, in the form of my memories and dreams and nightmares that I had occasionally. And I don’t know if this was a sweet or a sour moment for Cheek, cuz he certainly didn’t know what he was feeling, but there was definitely a thing inside there.

*What can I do for you? Unfortunately I do not have access to the bridge. I only followed someone out this morning.*

I stepped forward, coming closer to Ma even as Chico crouched low against my neck, his eyes never leaving her. “Actually, you were the one we were coming to see,” I started, knowing I was gonna be missing an important introduction and hating myself for it but I could actually feel Kis about ready to explode and I thought (and Chico agreed with me) that we should get business out the way before someone committed actual murder.

“This...this is Kis,” I said, my eyes darting to the tall, brown drink of over-priced, sanctimonious asshole water who had dragged me I had brought here, “and she’s been having some...uh…issues with some memories. And I guess, since I know you have some…experience with that kind of stuff--” I tried not to let it sound bitter, I swear I did, “--that you could maybe help her with it?” I didn’t elaborate on the troubles she was having, cuz that wasn’t my business to throw out there. Hell, I didn’t even mention that she was another demigod, because that’s not the kind of shit I’d want someone to share without my blessing. I mean...I dunno. I shrugged a little bit. “Could you give her some options or whatever to make it--”

But then we were interrupted by a short what the fuck coming over and bouncing all up in our space out of nowhere. I stopped myself short, my whole head and eyes turning straight to the newcomer with a lazer-tight gaze, wondering to myself what even the hell a Pushta was.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

@Isopia

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Zèklè - 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM