the Rift

[OPEN] Fall Underneath

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Chico stared at Ma with wide eyes, and there was a buzz from interest in him that neither of us really anticipated--I guess part of him expected to hate her. But here he was on my neck, steadily leaning towards her, reaching almost, taking in her scent and her pale appearance, those dual-colored eyes that vaguely, vaguely reminded him of me. I smiled; I probably should’ve offered Chico’s name for him. But that’s not why we were here and pretty soon the two women got down to business.

I knew it too because of the way they fell silent; there was still an air to them that suggested communication (the eyes, the tenseness of Kis’ shoulders) but I figured all of that would be done mentally. I wondered for a sec how it would play out; like an alabaster comb going through tangled, blackened, matted brain-hair, catching the cockleburrs as it passed, leaving it smooth and neat, as it should be.

The short guy was throwing looks, seeming confused (just fucking leave already, jeez), but I didn’t have the heart to catch his eye. I didn’t have the heart for a lot of things at that moment; you can pass a deep, deep sadness for anger only for so long, and I could feel things inside me shutting down, unable to bare the thought of this process. Someone throwing a whole piece of their life away, of their history because it hurt them so bad. I wasn’t sure who was in the wrong; I wasn’t sure who was in the right. But I knew a dude and he was in love, and the feeling of the one being forgotten was scraping too close to my soul in ways I couldn’t reconcile.

I turned away from all of them--actually, fuck it, I walked off away from where memories were being destroyed and one small boy (lol) watched on with confusion. I walked over to the shore that had defeated me, looked over at the waves and wondered, once again, why I was still there. I did my part; I got Kis to Ma so she could do the thing. It ain’t like Kis was crippled, either. And even if she was, she’d certainly be fine in a few minutes and free to go her own way once all of this was over.

Things would go back to normal--I could see it now. She’d go back to being insufferable, cold, and better than everyone, especially now that her most human moment was willingly thrown to the wayside. It hit me in that moment, watching the Dragon’s Throat waters and trying to work up a rage again: I wasn’t sure if I was in the right.

I would’ve fucking loved to leave at that moment--but agh, Ma was here and I missed her, and Chico wanted to meet her fully. So. Guess I should stick around for the moment.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

SORRY FOR THE WAIT @Ophelia

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Zèklè - 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM