the Rift

[OPEN] whatever helps you cope

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
are you who i dreamed?
or just a memory?
That’s a very strange move for a Basin Thief.

The gilded siren paused in her step. The voice didn’t sound like Crowley, yet, it still seemed all too familiar. It even seemed to bounce from a secondary prison, echoing through the air like a simplistic echo on the wind, a question for the woman who was supposed to be the best at her job – yet here she was releasing a prisoner. A cloud slipped past her nose as she exhaled, shifting in her stance and determination to turn to the person who had called out to her. The voice mulling over in her mind only to paint a picture of the Laurelin, pulling up the honey sweet tones that often accompanied his vocals from before their encounter in the heart caves.

She wondered if he were here to confront her from what she had confided in him – if he were here to tell her all the things she had been wrong about her entire life – if they’d have to continue on the heart wrenching trek they had started on amid the thunderous storms outside. She began to mentally prepare, building up the walls of quick thinking and arguments only to have them crumble. What did she have to hide from the golden man anymore? Nothing. That was the answer she was looking for. She had confided in him, in far greater depth than she had with even Tembovu. Likewise, she assumed that Thranduil had confided in her many of the secrets he’d refuse to share with anyone else.

The man was tight-lipped, but there were just some things that needed to be said after going so long hidden in the shadows. She turned to face him, then, sapphire gaze trailing across his gilded skin, the wolf cloak keeping him warm among the chilly autumn evening of the Basin’s icy wrath. She offered him a smile and half of a shrug until his eyes narrowed and his tone began to take on a more demanding tone. “What are you doing Rexanna.

She sighed, stepping closer to the Laurelin. “I’m letting my prisoner go, what does it look like?” She half tried to joke, but couldn’t find the comfort in her to be able to look up at his gaze. Instead, she looked out over the Basin’s mountain peaks, allowing a small amount of silence to grow between the two of them before lowering her head to face him once again. “To be honest, Thranduil, I don’t belong here anymore.” She paused. “I'm leaving after the festival is over, hoping that perhaps it has been enough of a success to fix the losses we’ve had.” Her voice turned more informative, speaking bluntly to him. There was no need for beating around the bush. She planned on telling Tembovu that she would return with him to the Edge, to take up a life with him in another land – and yet, the words hurt to say aloud. Perhaps the gold would understand her, considering he hadn’t seemed to stay long either.

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Thranduil :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
whatever helps you cope - by Rexanna - 10-01-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: whatever helps you cope - by Thranduil - 10-01-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: whatever helps you cope - by Rexanna - 10-01-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: whatever helps you cope - by Thranduil - 10-16-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: whatever helps you cope - by Rexanna - 10-17-2016, 12:54 PM