the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

They came. And they came in spades.

The partially scaled breast of the blue-green man swelled with pride as his eyes fell upon those who flew, swam, ran, and magic'd their way to greet him. He couldn't hide - nor did he try to - the smile that parted his lips, revealing teeth of varying sizes, lengths, and from apparently different species all together. Still, he looked quite handsome as he stood, a creature right out of the blue lagoon, being surrounded by those he had called.

Many offered him greetings of varying ranges of glee and excitement. Many more asked him questions - his name, if he needed anything, who he was. But of course, as more and more arrived, he thought it better to save his introductions until at least the majority of the little island upon which they stood, was full.

"Hello, and hello, and hello!" He tittered, his voice buoyant with mirth.  "All in good time! I shall answer all, in good time!" He laughed, his eyes meeting each of those who arrived, half repeating what he had said each time a new question was asked.

Aquila was one of the first to actually draw his attention. This shouldn't have been surprising, since the two so drastically appeared to be cut from cloth that at least bore some resemblance.  "Ni parolu poste de la maro." He whispered, in a voice meant only for her.

As it seemed as though the trickle of those who had heeded his call was beginning to finally slow, he drew himself up to his full height, shining eyes falling upon each and everyone of them.

"I have been called by many names over the years. Such is expected to happen when you have lived as long as I have." His smile grew deeper as he again made a sweeping gaze of the crowd, someone managing to impart a few seconds of eye contact to each of them.  "Some of my names can be spoken only by the aquatic species who live so deep that they have never seen the sun. Others, are expressed as bubbles of air that float in pockets away from clumps of coral or algae, eventually making their way to me. But you, my new friends, may call me Kisamoa, or Kis." He had found that many liked to abbreviate names. Was it perhaps because their lives were so short, that they felt the need to save precious seconds wherever they could? He didn't pretend to know, but it was alright just the same.

"Much of what you have asked of me, can be answered by telling you who I am." He swallowed, his smile widening. He had waited so long for this.
"Many of you have been visited by strange creatures over the years, who have imparted gifts to you. Some have eggs, other trinkets seemingly made just for you, but all hold some sort of allegiance to the four Gods of these lands." He paused, waiting to see a spark of recognition on their faces.  "Consider me no more important than any of them -" A subdued and humble glow now coloured his teal cheeks.

"I am a distant cousin of the God of the Earth, and as you might have surmised, it is over the seas that I lay my claim. Do you know how much land there is, hidden beneath the waves? " A pause. A smile. "That is why you do not see me often - if ever - for it is to those often forgotten creatures and those endless vistas that I dedicate my time."

Seagulls circled lazily over head, as the staccato rush of the waves seemed to punctuate each of his dazzling and sincere glances towards each of them.

"Dominion over all of the earth and all of the water is a job that requires immense dedication and effort. With the new lands that your Gods have heralded this way, I have temporarily left the blackened waters of my home to assist the Earth God, here. Perhaps some of you recall a land that was blackened and deadened. It saddens the Earth God to see it so, and thus I have come forth, to rehabilitate it, however I can."

Who I am? Check! Why I am here? Check!

But they had asked him something else - if there was anything he needed, if they could help. And of course, that's why he had called his new friends here in the first place, now wasn't it?

"Now friends, I do not mean to be impolite and skip over hearing each of your introductions, but I am afraid that in the interest of duty, I must. For you see this is not a holiday for me, and I have quite a bit of work to do here." His smile faltered, and a look of disappointment glazed his reptilian-looking features. "But. Hey..." It appeared as though an idea had just come to him, and suddenly his smile widened. Kisamoa took a step forward, lowering his head and looking at them all eagerly. "..if you were to help me ... why then I could finish my work a great deal faster, which would leave me more time with all of you! And you know.."

A small filly had caught his gaze. She was a pretty thing, accompanied by a great grey wolf. His eyes sparkled and his smile widened, revealing that odd assortment of teeth again. Above her, a sparkling crown suddenly appeared. It was created primarily from coral, adorned by various diamonds, seashells, and sea-stars. As it neared her forehead, the gentle woooosh of the ocean could be heard faintly coming from within one of the shells. "...I am always happy to thank my friends for their help." He concluded, as the ocean-themed crown gently touched down on the girl's head. Faintly behind him orbs of magic appeared, but only for a second, before disappearing once more.

"So?" He asked, straightening once again. "What say you? Will you help me?"

We all know that our SWP's have an air of MYSTERY to them! How to get points, what your characters should do, what will happen next. However for this plot, the admin team asks that all discussions happen ic. This is for two reasons. There will be very interesting and plot building consequences for these sorts of IC conversations, but also because we want to discourage OOC theorizing/chatting. You'll know why soon enough!

Also, don't worry about 'having to stand close enough' or 'not be on the bridge' or w/e. Posting in any of the SWP threads counts as 'being here'.

Happy SWP everyone!

For being our banner winner, @Areli has been gifted a custom item!

Custom Item : [ Jeweled ocean-tiara, which faintly emits the sound of the waves when the wearer is near water]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Kiada - 10-04-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Oizys - 10-05-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Rikyn - 10-06-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Virga - 10-06-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Areli - 10-07-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Enna - 10-08-2016, 02:57 AM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Kiada - 10-08-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Ru'in - 10-08-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Kolr - 10-08-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Tae - 10-08-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: SWP :: Once upon a wave :: (Intro) - by Iskra - 10-08-2016, 05:38 PM