the Rift

[OPEN] choke [joining!]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

There's something he still finds rather unsettling about the unorthodox way that he is transported to the Throat. He dislikes heights, so a sudden flight across the ocean towards a distant island is not exactly something he's thrilled at partaking in. However, after dozens of flights, he is slowly growing used to the unpleasant flopping of his stomach whenever he sprouts his wings of fire, the sickening way that the ground is hauled away from him as he's carried across the water. It reminds him of Isopia and their flight together, and that only adds to the twisting in his gut.

It isn't long before the blue pegasus joins him, and Volterra's massive skull dips in acknowledgement of Sunjata's thanks. The smaller man is so elegant in the air, so accomplished; whilst Volterra is forced to hang limply on his stolen flaming wings, this male owns the warm Throat sky that he flies through. In a way, the leviathan envies the pegasi their wings. It must be euphoric, to soar through the heavens of your own volition. Yet he is also a creature of the earth, and the earth is what he likes to stay firmly rooted to. He can see the world through the eyes of his dragons; his occasional flights of fancy about possessing wings are always shortlived.

A deep chuckle rumbles through his chest at Sunjata's next words, followed by a somewhat bemused flicker of the air at his final ones. "I cannot speak for the rest of my species, but as far as I know we are no more or less intelligent than the winged or the horned. I personally do not proclaim to be a great thinker - my strength lies in my body, not my mind - but I would not consider myself a simple dumb brute, either." Although others might disagree. He thinks again of Isopia, her beautiful face slipping unbidden into the sanctum of his mind. Dammit.

He fixes the blue male with his curious red stare. "In your homeland, might I assume that my kind are dumb brutes?" He's genuinely interested in learning more about the Dorobo that the large winged male at the Threshold mentioned - all information is like slaking a thirst to Volterra, the juicy droplets of fact filed away for future use.

@Sunjata

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-04-2016, 10:19 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-05-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-17-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-30-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 11-05-2016, 12:40 PM