the Rift

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

The game of hide and seek has evolved.

Now, he vanishes like a ghost, quite literally. I know this because I accidentally walked into him once, where he surely hadn’t been when I’d looked before walking through, and, once he knew I knew he could do it, he’d been more liberal with the peculiar magic’s use.

I’d discovered his strange magic while looking for him after he’d wandered off one day. What had just been, well, a bush, quite suddenly had become a bush and Duir. Perhaps unnecessary to directly state, it had been quite startling, and also was the first time he’d ever really scared me; his elation at watching me backpedal like a prey animal had stuck with him, and we now played this childish game more often than I’d like to admit.

Being able to meld away was a good thing for Duir, really, and I figured it was a good idea to practice, even if I felt foolish poking my hoof into shrubbery and between suspicious looking tree trunks. It probably made him feel better about being so skittish in all the ways I am bold, never mind that I told him pretty often (when I was sure we were absolutely alone, and no one would hear me be so… Honest? Nice?) that his wariness would probably keep me alive some day. Besides, watching him ripple back into existence from where he was hidden was mildly mesmerizing, though I would never admit it to him out-loud.

Mezzmerites? sings through my head in too similar a fashion to way my bonded’s soul feels for me to doubt it’s him. Some invasive magician would likely be using the proper word, after all, and to make absolutely sure…

"Duir?" I ask, a single word summons his understands because we’re one thing (it’s still the weirdest sensation to me), my voice swallowed up by the raucous sound of someone’s approach, and his own, much more delicate one.

Gross, my companion and I think, almost in unison, as the dirty creature literally bursts into view. Having to step aside to avoid being bulled over, I narrow my eyes at the peculiarly filthy… mare? She’s disgusting enough that I almost forget about Duir’s new found voice, until… You dirty too, rude one.

Looking over at him with offense and shock mingling into one, I quickly look up after the messy individual before she blazes her way off wherever she’s going.

"Hey, lady avalanche!" I shout, trotting after her, "People live in Helovia! You can’t just plow through places!"

Gods, not a fight again, dramatically bemoans my companion with a roll of his forest eyes, anxiously trailing after me.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Mavuto

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: status: creature with which one does not fuck - by Rikyn - 10-10-2016, 10:11 AM