the Rift

Mavuto Posts: 6
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 6
Laine

Mavuto hated snakes, hated anything that made or dealt with poison or venom of any kind, pain should be dealt by force, anything else was demonic, was witchcraft, and should be destroyed. Unfortunately for the python, who of course had no venom, this hatred bubbled over to target most anything with scales, just in case. Why this stallion should be so unconcerned that a cursed demon would be slithering sinisterly around his horns didn't make a lick of sense to Mavuto. She thought these foreign places were strange enough but she hadn't expected the people here to be insane. (Like she was one to talk about sanity.) Mavuto snarled at the snake, ready to bite, ready to kill, but in front of the old stallion and his demon stepped the guise of a small girl who was on fire.

With a surprised shout, Mavuto leapt back her wide eyes panicked and she hissed madly. There wasn't just fire cresting the girl'd back, but shapes moved in the flames. a few quick pivoting steps took her back and away from the other three so she could keep them all in view at once. Her mind, jittery during the best of times, rapidly tried to make sense of what she saw, but it was all one scattered mess. Magic was a distant myth in Dorobo, and as she looked between the there horses before her, none of them seemed at all phased by what they say. Insane. All of them are insane! Oh she just wanted to be home, home where she understood, home where things made sense/

And then she was, or something in her panicked brain thought she must be because there were words she recognized; they filtered into her ears as if from far away until she focused on the, latched onto them. In a sea of things she didn't understand, the familiar words were an anchor, a balm. Her amber gaze fell back to the little girl, it was she who spoke them. The frenetic mare calmed, internally, and visibly as well, softening, lowering and extending her muzzle gently towards the girl. "Jina langu ni Mavuto, kutoka Dorobo." She said quietly still trying to make sense of all the things Kiada had said to her. Albrecht and Rikyn were summarily ignored in favor of the beautiful little filly who (for the most part) made sense. "Tembovu ni baba yenu? I ni kuwa bemn wanamtafuta."

She took a step toward the girl and bent her head low as if she and Kiada here conspirators "Kwa nini wewe juu ya moto Kiada?" she sounded quite reasonable, at leats as much as she could but her words were still quick, especially now that she fell back into her own language. "Na nini maana ya nyoka ni rafiki yake? Je, yeye kufanya mikataba na mapepo? she glanced at albrecht at this, but the snake-befriender was of little concern now that she had a firmer line on locating her former general. "Je, wewe kuchukua mimi Edge" Perhaps it was best not to tell the girl she planned to immidiatly take Tembovu back to Dorobo with her.

Translations
"Jina langu ni Mavuto, kutoka Dorobo" - My name is Mavuto, from Dorobo.
"Tembovu ni baba yenu? I ni kuwa bemn wanamtafuta." - Tembovu is your father? I have been looking for him.
"Kwa nini wewe juu ya moto Kiada?" - Why are you on fire Kiada?
"Na nini maana ya nyoka ni rafiki yake? Je, yeye kufanya mikataba na mapepo?" - And what do you mean the snake is his friend? Does he make deals with demons?
"Je, wewe kuchukua mimi Edge?" - Will you take me to the Edge?

@Kiada @Albrecht @Rikyn
WOW That took me forever, sorry guys!!!

M A V U T O
sweat dripping down your chest
thinking ‘bout your tattooed knuckles
that girl is a  p r o b l e m

Messages In This Thread
RE: status: creature with which one does not fuck - by Mavuto - 10-30-2016, 09:03 PM