the Rift

An Uneasy Encounter (Lace)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The dragon and its bonded recover sooner than the boggart had anticipated, and Valentine is not nearly as receptive to its love ploys. Exposed and subsequently attacked, the boggart shifts from the body of the unicorn mare with a furious howl that claws into the octaves of pain as fire just nips at its end.

In an outrage of hurt and defeat the boggart sweeps down the hallway that the horses had come from, bouncing along the stone way until it finally re-discovers the tunnel leading back to the surface. In a plume of ash the boggart explodes from the heart and spreads across the land of Helovia.

There is a cautious moment of quiet and peace as the city seems to hold its breath, afraid that even that smallest of sounds might break the fragile reality of finally being rid of the beast.

As the moment stretches on however, the fire gremlins begin to pour from their hiding spots, light and flame returning to the city as if symbolic of the rejuvination of their livelihood.

Bob claps as he leaps into the air, doing a small jig of merriment while other gremlins rush forward to sing praises to the surface dwellers. The horses were more or less pushed and coerced to the center of the city, where the king of the fire gremlins looked down upon them with a great gratitude.

In a sudden quiet the king made to speak and all the other citizens retreated, eyes expectant as they watched.

"May I ask, who are you?"

There was a murmur among the crowd as others seemed to be similarly inquisitive. Bob cleared his throat among the crowd and stepped forward.

"Your lordship, if I may. These horses and almighty dragon come from the surface, brought down by I to help us with the monstrosity."

There is a gasp among the crowd and a small fragment of outrage. Even the king is shocked, but a wave of his bejeweled claw has them hushed once more.
"It matters not from whence they come, these horses and dragon have rescued us from a terrible plight. For that we say thanks to them, and to Gongflornafrey'mb for the insight and bravery that the rest of us lacked."

Bob beamed in the crowd, his fear for his crime abolished by the king's kind words.

The king now turned his attention solely to Lace, Fajira and Valentine. "My dear saviors, how can we ever repay you for this deed this day? You will be returned to the top world as soon as you wish, but I could no sit without imparting gifts to honor your courage and good will."

A toothy smile met them as the fire gremlin king reached to the side of his robe. From a pocket he pulled out two blue flames. A quiet mutter under his breath and a blow of air sent the spelled flame to settle in the chest of each horse; painless, though warm.

"I am afraid we have not the ability to enchant a dragon..." the king frowned, obviously upset by their lack of skill. "But for each of you horses, a magic will manifest in the top world for some time. If it is home you seek, Bob can return you as he took you."

We can end it here if you both like.

Valentine can say he discovered his post amulet when walking back down the hallway to return home -- it felt awkward to reward him an amulet and not lace is why I didn't mention it in post/with the king.

They both have received a temporary magic for 2 months, this will not fill a magic slot but has battle use restrictions same as any other.

Lace -- the ability to breathe flame as his dragon does.
Valentine -- all the red on your body you may turn to flame at will and burn with.

Messages In This Thread
An Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Valentine - 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Lace - 10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Valentine - 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Random Event - 10-29-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Lace - 10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Valentine - 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Random Event - 11-03-2012, 02:11 AM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Lace - 11-04-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Valentine - 11-04-2012, 02:05 AM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Random Event - 11-11-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: A Uneasy Encounter (Lace) - by Lace - 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM