the Rift

[OPEN] Things over which you have no claim

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

[Preferably for just @Alysanne . Of course I can't make this private, but I'll only count Aly for posting order <3 ]

Duty and obligation did not disagree quite so sharply as they perhaps once did. Was it because of the perspective that her time on the earth had afforded her? Her recent promotion? The memories she had lost, and the friends she had gained? Or more obviously, was it perhaps the glowing charm around her neck, that pointed clearly towards what was good, and what was bad.

For instance, when the large mare had meditated over what she ought to do with the information that Cowboy had brought to her, the charm had unmistakably glowed white when she offered thoughts of go to the Edge, speak with Alysanne, retrieve the bags, and had glowed black when she considered alternative courses of action, such as stealing the bags back, or ignoring his request completely.

It seemed her course was clear.

And so, the demi-goddess flew towards the Edge, her place of birth, and where her first few seasons of life had been carried out. Although arbitrary herd-borders would normally have meant nothing to her, now that her actions were tethered to her herd, she felt compelled to respect them, if only in action. So The Mountain landed a safe distance from the glass walls of the Edge, in one of the places most traveled by the herd's warriors and by those seeking entrance. From her experience as a filly, it was usually well tended to and she doubted she would have to wait long.

Her hope, however naive, was that she would be met by the Queen rather than anyone else.

"I seek Queen Alysanne." She called, her voice strong and clear on the Orangemoon breeze. Whether her request would be passed on or even granted, she had no idea. Perhaps things had changed in the glass walls. She had no idea how many here would remember her as a former child of the Edge, or if they would know her only as the daughter of the Earth God. Would Alysanne recall their conversations about friendship and what a bizarre concept the girl originally thought it was, or would she merely be thought of as Kahlua's daughter?

Time would tell.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
It was time for harvest in the Edge and Alysanne did not need to go very far to find plants she wished to collect. The nest she cultivated in her sleeping spot - fed daily by the nutrients that seeped from her hooves - had borne a handful of helpful things this year. The bag Raeden had given here was nestled among the feathers of her back - as she had found it a little tricky to actually wear with her wings - and Hemlock was gathering the seeds and berries of the plants they wanted to add to the collection in the garden while Aly trampled and nudged the golden and green strands of grass together to re-form the nest.

Not that she expected to sleep much in it tonight.

Just as Hemlock was twisting his little owl head around to lecture her on how bitterness wasn’t her strong point, a call rang out. Not just for anyone but for Queen Alysanne. Those two words still felt strange to hear together, after she had lived through so many other monarchs in this place.

The glass halter and necklace she wore made light, twinkling noises as she turned her head toward the sound and her body followed, setting off to discover who it might be. Hemlock flew alongside her, weaving through the trees as they exited the forest and into the stretch of grass that housed the crumbling ruins of the glass wall.

Her brisk trot turned into a fumbling gait for a few paces as Alysanne recognized the figure that stood at the borders. Reunions had always been a rather common part of her life in Helovia but they never failed to surprise her when they rolled around. It had been a few years since she had last seen Kahlua’s daughter - not since she had been taller than the girl herself, despite how quickly the filly had grown and how sensible she had been right from the start. But now it looked like Alysanne was the shorter of the two - which shouldn’t be too surprising given who the girl’s father was.

She felt her heart constrict at the sight, felt it as her eyes started to shine with the tears that formed. This girl was a reminder of a time before anger, before invasions, before her friends had become scattered in the wind, before her daughter learned to hate her...

With a chirp from Hemlock, Alysanne snapped herself out of the sentimental spiral that threatened to drown her before she even greeted the girl mare properly.  

“Hello!” She called out in a cheerful voice as she finished approaching, moving with more grace the rest of the way before stopping before their visitor. “My goodness! You’ve certainly grown since the last time I saw you!” Stating the obvious a bit but Alysanne’s green eyes were shining as she said it, checking over the younger mare for signs that she was healthy. It only just occurred to her now that she hadn’t been a very good friend to Kahlua over these last few years - why had it not occurred to her before this moment to check in on her friend’s daughter to make sure that she was doing well? Whether or not the girl had seemed fully capable of taking care of herself from day 1 or not, it was a gross oversight on Alysanne’s part to assume any such thing.

She had let too much slip by her in the last few years.

“Have you been well?” Her old manner of calling Isopia ‘little one’ seemed to be rather outdated now, considering the now-mare’s height. She wondered if Kahlua’s daughter had ever discovered her name, or if she had made any friends, but her well-being was certainly what she wished to know foremost.
If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Isopia FORGIVE HER SHE MIGHT CRY FROM JOY AT SEEING LIL ISOPIA ALL GROWN UP
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia had expected nothing less from the mare. If she had known more about her Mother, she might have marvelled at just how similar she and Aly were. From their coats, to the brightness of their eyes and the (disgustingly) genuine warmth in their voices. The earth didn't sing around Aly as it did around Kahlua, but then again the pegasus mare hadn't been forced asked to bear the child of the Earth God.

"Hello." Isopia responded with as much kindness as she could muster. Political tact was coming to her slowly, and while she was able to make more strategic decisions, she still struggled with displaying the emotions that ought to accompany her actions. And so, Isopia only stared as Aly commented on her height. Others might have made a joke about her growth spurt, or maybe just commented on how her rapid aging was slowing down. Isopia however, not detecting a question in Aly's remark, said nothing.

"Well." Isopia acknowledged with a nod, shifting slightly beneath the weight of Aly's motherly gaze (or was she merely reading that into the mare's verdant stare?). "I have been named Czarina of the Hidden Falls." She added, knowing that would partly explain her business here. Despite wanting to jump right into that business, Isopia swallowed slightly steeling herself about what she was about to ask.

"Have you been well?" She managed, fighting back the urge to skip over these pleasantries. They were so useless in her mind. What did it matter how Aly had been? This wasn't a social call, she was here for a reason. But, the observations she had made indicated that others were usually more willing to cooperate if you said things like oh it's nice to see you, and how have you been? Although Isopia wasn't quite sure why.

@Alysanne

Isopia
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

It was good to get some confirmation that Kahlua’s daughter was well, at least well enough to say so and not look as though she were lying. The next news came as a bit of a surprise - despite the fact that the girl before her was taller than Alysanne now it was tricky not to think of her as a foal, and now she was a Czarina! “Oh that’s wonderful! Congratulations. I’m sure your mother would be so proud.” Aly was proud, at least, and she found it easy to assume that Kahlua would feel the same. Word had certainly reached her that there was a new queen in the Falls - she just had not expected it to be the girl that stood in front of her! Well no, not a girl anymore - a mare, grown and ruling a herd land.

For a moment, before the conversation continued, Alysanne had a moment where she wondered whether it would be easy to let go of her prejudice against the Falls now. Potentially… until she saw Archibald or Kaj’s face.

For once, Alysanne would’ve been happy to skip the pleasantries because the necessary return inquiry from Kahlua’s daughter. She hated lying, especially because she wasn’t that good at it - even now her smile faltered - but explaining to this near-stranger that she hadn’t been well for quite some time was a little too honest. “I’ve been well enough.” She finally settled on as a response, regaining her smile and speaking it in a confident enough voice that hopefully stopped any follow up questions.

But she wasn’t just going to leave it there - she was curious about what brought the Czarina to the Edge. It seemed unlikely that it was just to reminisce about old times. “Now, Czarina, is there something I can help you with?” Now that the subject had shifted away from her, she relaxed a little bit more and her smile became easy again - her tone light and friendly and, of course, curious.

I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Isopia
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Unsurprisingly, Isopia did not react to Aly's comment about whether or mother would or would not be proud. This was for two reasons. The first, was that pride, felt by anyone other than the individual having incurred or preformed the action worth of praise, really had no reason to feel it. Why should Kahlua be proud of what Isopia had done? Kahlua, who hadn't really wanted to birth her in the first place, Kahlua who did little to raise her, and Kahlua who had left her? Don't be confused, Isopia of course wasn't angry or bitter about any of these factors, but the point still stood: Kahlua had done nothing (other than genetically) to make Isopia who she was today. What right would she have to be proud?

The second reason of course, was that she wasn't around.

Dismissively, Isopia bobbed her head. Anyone else would have read more into Aly's well enough, but of course Isopia was happy enough to let this response go unqualified. If the painted mare wanted to speak, she was more than capable of doing so, and if she didn't, well, what right (or need) did Isopia have to pry?

It did however, please Isopia immensely that Aly seemed to pick up her political motives, addressing her as Czarina and moving the conversation along. Whatever part of her that thought Alysanne was merely a sentimental overly cheerful mom-type, suddenly grew significantly smaller, and The Mountain's respect for the mare grew.

"The bags you carry-" She began, motioning to leather pouches. "A member of my herd claims that they are his. He said that they were stolen, and though he didn't name you as the culprit, he did say that he saw you with them." The girl paused. Her voice was as neutral as ever, without any real accusation. It was true, neither she nor Cowboy had any evidence that Aly had been the one to take them (and indeed, Iso thought that this was quite unlikely). She was merely presenting the facts. The bags were once his, were taken, and we're now carried by the painted queen.

"They were lost a season or more ago. Would you like to debate the principles of ownership? If you believe you have a claim to them, I would hear it. If not, I would like them returned."

Simple as that. And of course, Isopia was being genuine with her offer - if Aly thought that she was entitled to the bags because of a chain of custody Iso was unaware of, or because she felt the duration that they were in her position made them hers, she would gladly do it.

@Alysanne

Isopia
Image Credits

The matter of the visit was quickly reached and Alysanne’s easy smile evaporated, replaced with a frown that darkened her green eyes with a look of concern. She glanced backwards at the bag plump with the seeds and plants she had been gathering today and Hemlock hopped onto it protectively. Aly, however, was already fairly certain that she would give them back. She would have in a heartbeat if she was still a Moon Doctor.

But she wasn’t.

“I am sorry to hear that. One of our specters gifted me this bag, it was my understanding that she had stolen it from an outcast but if our sneaks are picking from your herd ranks, I would like to know.” She paused, her voice rising slightly at the end of the sentence and turning it into a question as her green gaze calmly watched the Czarina for a response. Was this member of the Falls a member when they had been stolen? Or was he taking advantage of a new status within the herd to have his items returned to him?

And why had he not come on his own to do so?

Now that she had confirmation that they were stolen, of course, Alysanne felt the guilt turn in her stomach. She wouldn’t feel comfortable using them from this day on anyway but Raeden had been doing what the sneaks do - they stole things that could benefit the herd. She might not personally agree with that line of work but as she was finding she often had to swallow her personal feelings while she was queen.

She felt incredibly nervous that she wasn’t handling this correctly - full of fear that this reunion would turn into a conflict and get away from her like so many other conversations had lately. For a brief flashing moment wished Tembovu was here with her. Very brief, mind you, because as soon as that thought entered her mind she felt sick to her stomach and it banished her nerves. She didn’t need the Elephant King to hold her hand through political matters.

She could handle this, surely. “The only debate I would raise is that they were stolen fairly, I believe, unless your herd member states otherwise?” Again, Alysanne paused for a moment - watching the Czarina for a reaction, the frown of concern not leaving her expression even when she continued with a potential solution and her voice turned hopeful. “But... perhaps we could discuss a trade? Like an item from your skilled Masons for the Edge?”
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Isopia
made by the lovely tamme

Isopia listened with a dispassionate stare. She had no personal stake in this, not really. For her, it was an entirely philosophical matter (and one she actually found quite interesting, the more that Aly spoke). The only reason she was personally involved was because of her rank, and the duty she owed to her herd.

"I don't recall what the status of his membership was previously," Isopia admitted with a small shrug. Though it was inconsequential in her mind. "It is quite possible that your spectar did indeed take it from him while he was an outcast. Even so-" She paused thoughtfully now, quite clearing enjoying this. It was after all, likely the most interesting debate she had been a part of in a while and despite the fact that her integrity as a herd leader (and her worthiness too, probably) was on the line, Isopia was interested only in the philosophical implications of the matter at hand.

"Do you think there is such a thing as something stolen fairly?" She posed, looking genuinely at Aly now for her input. "It seems to me that the only reason your spectars seek outcasts, is to not upset the fragile balance between the herds. Even without an alliance between yourselves and any one particular outcast, stealing does not ever seem to be a thing done without some amount of culpability." Pausing again, Isopia considered what she had just said. "Though perhaps there are cases of permissible stealing, as in when one is without options and is starving, perhaps." Her eyes had fallen, as if she was studying Aly's knees, as she verbally thought this through. Once finished, her Amber gaze snapped back up to meet the Queen's, a decisive conclusion on her lips.

"But I don't believe that was the case. Your spectar, admittedly, took something that did not belong to them. They, from the Edge, one of the wealthiest herds when one considers your impressive roster, from an outcast, with no resources but those they find themselves, and with no one to aid them. What is fair, about a spectar blessed with magic from the moon, living in a herd of abundance, taking something from someone else?" Still there was no accusation in her voice, despite the fact that she clearly thought she had the philosophical upper hand. "Or is it that your need here is so great, that you required, with the same amount of need as one starving to death, those bags that you now wear?"

Isopia listened to the offer of a trade, frowning for a moment, before shaking her head slowly, as if she wasn't entirely sure of her decision. "I ... I don't believe a trade is warranted, for you never offered offered any consideration - resource or otherwise - to Cowboy. You unjustly stole, no matter how successfully, and now believe you are entitled to compensation in the form of a trade?" Isopia's ears flickered quizzically as she spoke, as if she couldn't understand the validity of what Aly was offering. And in truth, she couldn't.         

"I would fight you for them however, should you prefer that." Again her tone was even, not bating the Queen or presenting the challenge as anything other than another option that they might consider.                                            

@Alysanne

Isopia
Image Credits

The Czarina remained calm but Alysanne felt herself prickle at every word and question. And there were a lot of words. While the Czarina had kept things short and to the point while they were starting the conversation, she certainly found a lot to say now. It was incredible, really, and Alysanne forced herself not to let anger cloud her judgement. She really didn’t know what she believed was right or wrong when it came to stealths - they were a part of the Helovian world, something she refused to take a part in but her sister seemed to enjoy that line of work.

The Czarina spoke philosophically, seemingly without anger, and Alysanne swallowed her own - willing her voice to not be snappy when she responded. She somewhat succeeded, though there was a slight edge to her soft voice. Her sentimental fondness for Kahlua’s daughter was outweighed by her devotion to her herd - sneaks and all. “Have you disbanded the sneaks in the Falls? If it is not fair to steal, Czarina, I would expect none from your herd at all - it sounds as though you are quite morally opposed to their work. I was not queen at the time of this stealth but we do encourage our sneaks to collect items that benefit the herd - items we cannot craft for ourselves.” She nodded in a gesture to the leather bag, the only item she owned not made of glass or crystal. “Bags for which to collect herbs while I’m travelling, for example, are not as easy to manage when they are made of glass. And Falls only steals to prevent starvation, nothing else?” Alysanne refused to let herself or the Edge be judged for something she believed every single herd performed. If the Czarina would judge the Edge so harshly for stealing from Outcasts, she rather hoped she wasn’t attempting to build a high ground based on hypocrisy.

And she did not say it out loud - but she rather doubted the leather bag she had slung across her back prevented starvation during the bountiful season of Birdsong when she had been gifted it. Nor would Cowboy have been able to make a complaint to his Czarina if he had truly been in the throws of starving to death when Raeden had stolen the bag two seasons ago.

The offer of a trade, which Aly had thought was fair, was swept aside because they had not offered compensation to Cowboy? She was further insulted by the Czarina’s choice of pronouns - ‘you’ successful stole, ‘you’ never offered any consideration - as if it was Aly herself that had made the stealth. It wasn’t her but, she supposed, as Queen she was now responsible for the actions of her herd. Even the actions that happened in the past, it would seem.

She took a calming breath before speaking, keeping her voice level except for the curiosity that peaked it now. “Would you return something your sneaks stole successfully if someone came to ask for it back?” Alysanne asked, truly curious where the Czarina drew the line. “I believe the Edge would require compensation, yes. I am sorry that this Cowboy takes objection but my specter did her job well and she deserves more than her hard work just to be handed back as though she did something wrong.”

Her offer of a trade was shut down but somehow the Czarina thought that fighting was a better option? How did that make sense? Aly’s green eyes widened at the suggestion and she quickly shook her head. While the Czarina could not understand the validity of a trade, Aly did not see the validity of a fight between them. “No. I would not prefer to fight - I do not see how that is an appropriate way to settle this... nor would it be a fair fight.” It didn’t take a lot of observation to see the advantages that the Czarina had over Aly, after all.

I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
made by the lovely tamme

"Do you think the only purpose of spies is to steal? Are they not also useful in gathering information?" Isopia frowned, as if suggesting that it was foolish of Aly to have forgotten this essential duty they performed. "So no, ours have not been disbanded, however as long as I have ruled, they have not stolen anything. Prior to that, their function was merely for recruitment. I myself partook in this particular activity. We would demonstrate our prowess by capturing another, only to immediately release them with an invitation to explore our lands." And that, as far as she knew, was the truth. Were once the Falls was filled with thieves and mercenaries, it was no longer.

"You would maintain alliances with the herds, by not stealing from them ... And yet you would not harvest the benefit of those alliances, by asking the Basin to craft you bags? " The entire thing to Isopia seemed lazy. Why not take what is in front of you, if you can? What bother the unicorns to the North, when you can merely steal from those nearer to your borders?

Isopia considered Aly's question carefully. The answer didn't immediately come to her mind. "I suppose it would depend." She began, after a moment's consideration. "It would depend on whether or not fairness suited my goals. It is no secret that morality often takes a back seat to our goals and desires. Survival of the fittest, and all of that. But as I have said, during my rule I have never targeted anyone. If there was an item that we required, better that it be challenged for, rather than stealthed away. Better that those we would take from know our faces and be able to hear our reasons, than wake to find that all they have in the world has been silently removed from them. " Despite what might have sounded like a challenging question from her counterpart, Isopia was still calm and interested.

Though Isopia was not one to laugh, a muffled puff of air escaped her lips as they twisted upwards in a confused, but amused, smirk. "You would not fight me citing reasons of fairness, and yet you would applaud your spies for unfairly stealing? You imply that theivery is merely a facet of Helovia's herds, and yet would deny a challenge, despite its foundations in our social governance?" Isopia's head twisted, as if to say oh come on.

"This sounds like the only trade worthy of what has happened. An item taken unfairly, to be retrieved by an unfair challenge, or so you view it. Though, if you cite your stealths successes as commendations rather than unfair advantages, I'm not sure how you can call a fight between the two of us unfair. You are merely unskilled in this area, just as your spies target was to them."

@Alysanne

Isopia
Image Credits

Of course, Alysanne was embarrassed because she did momentarily forget that collecting information was a part of the sneaks job - embarrassed enough that she refused to address those questions. But, luckily enough, a word that the Czarina mentioned when describing the function of the Falls’ sneaks had all her other thoughts come screeching to a halt. “Recruitment?!” She repeated the word in a strained voice, baffled by this course of action. “You actually stole others to recruit them to the Falls? So the Falls is able to ‘demonstrate their prowess’ by praying on outcasts for their very body yet you have an issue with the Edge doing the same for some useful items?” Knowing what she did about the previous rulers of that herdland, and what she was learning about the new Czarina, Alysanne found it hard to believe that those stolen were given a mere invitation.

The insinuation that the Edge was lazy when it came to their alliance had Alysanne snort in annoyance as she laid her ears back briefly. “We have other items we have asked the Basin to make for us, other items we have traded them for, that have taken priority over bags. Please be careful with your assumptions on how this herd is run.”  

The idea of challenging for useful items was ludicrous to Alysanne, ever the one for peace. And she narrowed her eyes as she gained the impression of just how little the Czarina seemed to think of her and her views, just because they were different.

“Challenges might be a foundation of your governance, Czarina, but they are certainly not part of mine.” Alysanne replied cooly. “Just because I do not believe violence an appropriate approach to herd life does not mean I am wrong. We appear to disagree on what is considered fair and I do not understand what gives you the right to believe your opinion is worth more than mine.” She detested the way the taller mare was scoffing at her arguments and could feel it needling her anger. She hated arguments - knew that she was likely to lose her original point the deeper it went and knew she would soon suffocate with the anger that tasted like bile in her mouth. “Is it your intention to always match perceived unfair actions with other unfair actions during your rule? A rather odd way to resolve conflicts, I would think, or is that simply your approach to diplomacy with other herds?”  

Alysanne may be flawed and certainly had already made mistakes as queen, but she was glad to be different from the mare before her. What must it be like to consider violence the answer to everything?

Swept away were those earlier thoughts of reconciling her prejudice against the Falls - the herd there was just as filled with bloodlust as she had always believed. “I offered you a trade that I believed to be fair so that we could put this behind us but if we are past that...” That did not seem to be possible now, though she desperately wished it was still an option. She hated the direction this conversation was taking as much as she hated the other mare for making her feel utterly useless at her job. I will not fight you, Czarina, but if you wish to draw blood for the sake of a leather bag I am certain I can find a champion to satisfy your need.”

I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
made by the lovely tamme

Isopia sighed, disappointment colouring her exhale. She had felt her respect for the kind-hearted mare swell, when she had initially proved herself to be more that just a smiling face. Now however, despite her ability to predict Isopia's political motivations for being here, it seemed that there was little behind that easy smile. 

Isopia ignored the Queen's remarks about Knox's recruitment plans. They had never in fact stolen anyone, merely set up the conditions for a successful steal, and revealed themselves. A so you see what we can do. That Alysanne would make it out to be more than it was, and then chastise Isopia for making false assumptions, was laughable. But the girl did not laugh. Instead she returned Aly's gaze with an even golden stare of her own. 

"A fair point, queen. I was mistaken and did assume. I mistook your actions for laziness. Instead, it was merely impatience." Isopia's gaze narrowed. "Having the allied resources needed to be traded what you want, and yet stealing it instead does not seem like a favourable point to mention."

Finally, the irksome condescending attitude Isopia wore so well that Roskudl hated, finally appeared in the way her brows raised and her head tilted. The Queen was clearly out of her league in this debate, and was badly confusing her facts. This was no longer an interesting academic inquiry, but a pedantic lesson to a queen trying to justify the actions of her herd. She had not thought Aly a prideful mare, but it seemed black and white were not her true colours. 

"You misunderstand." Isopia began, as if beginning a lecture. "It was you who cited Helovian precedence as a reason to not view the actions of sleuths as being unfair. The implication being that because it was a common practice, it should not be viewed as unjust. My suggestion of a challenge to decide the fate of the item was in line with the argument you suggested. It is invalid to attribute such a stance to my herd governance. I am merely trying to play by the rules that you are sketching out here." 

As for the weightiness of their opinions? Good Lord, could this mare really be so thick? "If I did not believe that my opinion was worth more, as you put it" (incredibly slopily, in Isopia's opinion). "then I would no longer hold said opinion. If I did not take myself to have more justification for my beliefs, than for the opposing beliefs that you offered, then I would abandon my stance. Such is only rational. And the reason I have not done so, is because you've failed to make an actual argument. Either the stealth was fair, or it wasn't. You said it was fair on the basis of standard herd life and the common duties of stealths and what activities they are meant to portray. I gave you reason both to doubt your conclusion that their activities were fair, but also suggested a way of resolving our dispute that aligned precisely with your thinking: if it is fair, then it is fair on the basis that there are some activities conducted by herd members, that are not unfair, for some political reason - I.e., having a certain rank. And so, in the same vein, I issued a challenge, for is that not also a commonly accepted and well used means of deciding matters such as this?" Isopia paused to catch her breath, and also to see how much Alysanne was following. 

The Demi-goddess's lips tilted slightly at Aly's last few comments. Despite Isopia's stunted understanding of even the most basic of social norms, she could hear the Aly was annoyed. Or if not annoyed, something similar. Despite Isopia's vast intellectual library, her knowledge of emotional synonyms was pitifully small.

If you wish to shed blood over a leather bag.. Isopia did not respond, for such pettiness was not a conversation-type she was particularly used to. Still, it was amusing that Aly's hypocrisy ran so deep, that she would place the blame on Isopia. Or that there needed to be any blame at all. As Aly had concluded herself, their definitions of fair differed, and yet the painted mare seemed to be the only one bothered by this - insulted almost. Why else the attempts to shift blame?

"Call your champion. I will return in the morning."

@Alysanne  - I'll post the challenge tomorrow~~~~ If you don't know who'll be taking Aly's place, I'll just tag her and then ya'll can sub-in ;)

Isopia
Image Credits