the Rift

[OPEN] Things over which you have no claim

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia sighed, disappointment colouring her exhale. She had felt her respect for the kind-hearted mare swell, when she had initially proved herself to be more that just a smiling face. Now however, despite her ability to predict Isopia's political motivations for being here, it seemed that there was little behind that easy smile. 

Isopia ignored the Queen's remarks about Knox's recruitment plans. They had never in fact stolen anyone, merely set up the conditions for a successful steal, and revealed themselves. A so you see what we can do. That Alysanne would make it out to be more than it was, and then chastise Isopia for making false assumptions, was laughable. But the girl did not laugh. Instead she returned Aly's gaze with an even golden stare of her own. 

"A fair point, queen. I was mistaken and did assume. I mistook your actions for laziness. Instead, it was merely impatience." Isopia's gaze narrowed. "Having the allied resources needed to be traded what you want, and yet stealing it instead does not seem like a favourable point to mention."

Finally, the irksome condescending attitude Isopia wore so well that Roskudl hated, finally appeared in the way her brows raised and her head tilted. The Queen was clearly out of her league in this debate, and was badly confusing her facts. This was no longer an interesting academic inquiry, but a pedantic lesson to a queen trying to justify the actions of her herd. She had not thought Aly a prideful mare, but it seemed black and white were not her true colours. 

"You misunderstand." Isopia began, as if beginning a lecture. "It was you who cited Helovian precedence as a reason to not view the actions of sleuths as being unfair. The implication being that because it was a common practice, it should not be viewed as unjust. My suggestion of a challenge to decide the fate of the item was in line with the argument you suggested. It is invalid to attribute such a stance to my herd governance. I am merely trying to play by the rules that you are sketching out here." 

As for the weightiness of their opinions? Good Lord, could this mare really be so thick? "If I did not believe that my opinion was worth more, as you put it" (incredibly slopily, in Isopia's opinion). "then I would no longer hold said opinion. If I did not take myself to have more justification for my beliefs, than for the opposing beliefs that you offered, then I would abandon my stance. Such is only rational. And the reason I have not done so, is because you've failed to make an actual argument. Either the stealth was fair, or it wasn't. You said it was fair on the basis of standard herd life and the common duties of stealths and what activities they are meant to portray. I gave you reason both to doubt your conclusion that their activities were fair, but also suggested a way of resolving our dispute that aligned precisely with your thinking: if it is fair, then it is fair on the basis that there are some activities conducted by herd members, that are not unfair, for some political reason - I.e., having a certain rank. And so, in the same vein, I issued a challenge, for is that not also a commonly accepted and well used means of deciding matters such as this?" Isopia paused to catch her breath, and also to see how much Alysanne was following. 

The Demi-goddess's lips tilted slightly at Aly's last few comments. Despite Isopia's stunted understanding of even the most basic of social norms, she could hear the Aly was annoyed. Or if not annoyed, something similar. Despite Isopia's vast intellectual library, her knowledge of emotional synonyms was pitifully small.

If you wish to shed blood over a leather bag.. Isopia did not respond, for such pettiness was not a conversation-type she was particularly used to. Still, it was amusing that Aly's hypocrisy ran so deep, that she would place the blame on Isopia. Or that there needed to be any blame at all. As Aly had concluded herself, their definitions of fair differed, and yet the painted mare seemed to be the only one bothered by this - insulted almost. Why else the attempts to shift blame?

"Call your champion. I will return in the morning."

@Alysanne  - I'll post the challenge tomorrow~~~~ If you don't know who'll be taking Aly's place, I'll just tag her and then ya'll can sub-in ;)

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 10:38 PM