the Rift

[OPEN] So ... we good?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

As the pair arrived - the lady first followed by death himself - Isopia wondered just how quickly she might arrive if someone just appeared on her borders. With a casual glance, Isopia's golden stare surveyed the surrounded bluffs and icy cliffs. There certainly didn't appear to be any sensory machinery here ... and yet, how else could the pair have arrived so quickly? Isopia knew neither, but she did know of them. They had ruled since her birth, and during her brief stay in the Edge, her mother had taught her much of the current ruling class - of which these two were still a part.

Isopia nodded in response to Hotaru's greeting, her amber eyes similarly falling upon the Reaper and offering a polite tilting of her skull. Such movements were merely mechanical for Isopia. While she was beginning to get the knack of diplomacy, much of it was merely a cloak that she wore; an act.

"Greetings. It is the two of you that I seek." She answered, her face set in its usual academic expression. "I am called The Mountain that Knows, and am the newly crowned Czarina of the Falls. I have come to discuss whatever treaties or pacts there might be between our herds, for I assume that none from the Falls has ventured here for a very long time to discuss these matters." Her thoughts moved to Kaj, to Archibald. When had she seen them doing anything diplomatic, that didn't involve them merely greeting someone at their borders? >>You not know what they do when you not see them<< Hubris whispered into her mind, though he was skeptical as well. However his natural afforded him the ability to give the former Czar's the benefit of the doubt. Isopia's did not.

"I hold no outward hostility towards your herd." She continued, speaking plainly. "I doubt that you require an alliance from us, nor do we require one from you. Our borders are far away, and our resources do not infringe on yours. As it is, I see no need for an alliance, other than peace of mind." Peace of mind to know that it is not the Falls harassing the borders, stealing the Basin's trinkets, or secretly waging war. But, she wasn't sure that Basin even needed the peace an alliance could offer. Were their numbers not larger? Their member base more solid? Their leadership more proven?

"And so I come without expectation. Neutrality between us seems to be most apt, a mutual acknowledgement that trading resources would be in our collective interest." Her gaze moved from Hotaru, to Deimos, and then continued to flit between the two as she waited for their response. "What say you? Lord? Lady?"

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
So ... we good? - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: So ... we good? - by Hotaru - 10-10-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: So ... we good? - by Deimos - 10-16-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: So ... we good? - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: So ... we good? - by Hotaru - 10-28-2016, 02:21 AM
RE: So ... we good? - by Deimos - 10-29-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: So ... we good? - by Isopia - 10-31-2016, 11:32 AM