the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lessons Learned?

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'D RATHER BE DANGEROUS

He doesn't respond or attempt to scold her for her inappropriate comment, so he gets brownie points for that at least. With Oizys, it's best to go along with her vulgarity and focus on the even less desirable traits that she possesses - her casual cruelty, her seemingly endless ability to stick the metaphorical middle finger up at attempts to control her. Either that, or it's best to avoid her entirely, something even her own mother has recently taken to.

As expected, the Elephant King wishes to discuss the lessons that Oizys was subjected to during Orangemoon's seemingly endless span. She thinks wryly of her first lesson, how eventful it had been, to say the least. "I learned that it's possible to sleep with my eyes open," she says, sickly sweet, with a wicked simper evident upon her muzzle. The remainder of her lessons had been as boring as balls, and she'd spent most of them yawning pointedly. It hadn't worked, though. "I also learned never to eat anything a healer gives you if you're not sure what it is, because they're a devious bunch of bitches masquerading under the illusion of altruistic fix-your-booboos sweetness." Her muzzle shrivels and a shudder of disgust spreads across her body. On her back, Ker stifles a beaky chortle; she knows better than to express amusement at her bonded's shit-related humiliation.

"In all seriousness, yeah, I admit they have their uses. Then can stitch you back together, and they can poison anyone you don't like, which is fucking awesome. Overall, though? I stand by what your General said. Every herd needs a good healer, but they shouldn't be leaders. They can fix up our warriors after a fight, they can booby-trap the meals of our opponents, but nothing I've learned convinces me that they have what it takes to rule. A leader needs to be able to fight - if our new Queen can kick ass, then that's great, but I'm willing to bet she can't. People will probably say you don't need two military leaders, but in my eyes every king or queen needs to have at least some battlefield knowledge. Otherwise, what's Queenie going to do if somebody challenges her for her position? Poke them in the eye with a leaf?" She takes a breath, her cold grey gaze never leaving Tembovu. Unusually, her words don't hold venom or rage - she is simply stating facts as she sees them, and her opinion. For once, her opinion is backed up by what she's learned, not just what she thinks will offend most. "And if leaders keep changing because they can't defend themselves against challenges, the herd isn't going to have stability." She thinks of Elsa and shudders in disgust; the Icebound is living proof that military leads can suck as well, but overall she thinks the success rate is higher if they can fight.

"So, sorry if you expected me to come out of my lessons as a reformed kid, but my opinion stays the same." The gargoyle looks defiantly up at the large stallion, her gaze firm and her resolve absolute. Childhood stubbornness has developed into Oizys being very dedicated to what she believes in - her own brand of loyalty.

image credits

@Tembovu

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
Lessons Learned? - by Tembovu - 10-10-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: Lessons Learned? - by Oizys - 10-20-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Lessons Learned? - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Lessons Learned? - by Oizys - 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Lessons Learned? - by Tembovu - 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM