the Rift

Missing In Action

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

-- I O N A --

Iona made a relatively low-profile entrance to the meeting (which was saying something considering her love of snide comments) and remained quiet as both Aly and then Tembovu addressed those who had come.  The fact that two significant members of the herd were missing set Iona’s mind on a dark path. She’d already been concerned with the general state of things after the recent string of attempted thefts aimed at the Edge.  Initially she’d written them off as an attempt to test the strength of the Herd after her sister’s ascension to Queen.  Now? Now she wasn’t so sure that the motives weren’t more sinister.  

Her mind twisted endless scenarios while others offered suggestions or committed to help.  When the voices stopped (and to be honest she’d been so wrapped up in her mind she’d hardly registered the words), she finally offered a suggestion of her own. 

“I can organize the stealth ranks into patrols to search for them. I want to make sure that these disappearances aren’t related to the string of attempted thefts from the Edge.  Just the other day a bold pegasus tried to nick something off me. I want to make damn sure they haven’t succeeded in stealing something a thousand times more precious.” There was irritation in her voice, but the concern was thicker.  Iona’s one true weakness was children, and the thought that one was missing made her feel sick.  And Mauja too - someone who had long since earned her respect and trust. She wasn’t going to abandon him either. That’s what doing nothing felt like to her. Abandonment. So her mind immediately began spinning the wheels and demanding action

“I have no reason to suspect any particular group in these disappearances. I just want to make sure. I’m not trying to cause a panic or anything - just being careful.” She shrugged one great black wing, hoping that she didn’t come off as too paranoid. I mean a healthy dose of paranoia was probably expected in a Specter. Pair that with Iona’s personal history and, well, you’d be hard pressed not to come up with worst case scenarios when you got news like this.  But the black and white mare had learned to cope over time. Or at least not let the degree of her paranoia show.

“Regardless, I’ll help you find them,” she said, simply. Iona respected both Tembovu and her sister enough to let them make the final decision as to how involved to make the search.  Obviously missing a high ranking member of the herd and the son of a lead made this a high priority, but she’d leave it to their discretion as to decide how to mobilize the herd.   

"WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."
Lines: x x

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
Missing In Action - by Alysanne - 10-11-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Tembovu - 10-12-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Roskuld - 10-12-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Kiada - 10-12-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Maude - 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Missing In Action - by Mesec - 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Erthë - 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Vesper - 10-13-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Iona - 10-13-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Sansa - 10-16-2016, 01:58 AM