Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
What if we run like the wind
Feet are chasing moonlight
What did you just agree to?

After some awkward greetings and congratulation, introductions and extroductions, you stammer to Isopia that you need to leave and collect some things (what?) and flee the Falls as fast as your awkward legs will take you. The half-grin of boyish bewilderment hasn't left your face, but let's be real - beneath that cheerful veneer you're an absolute mess. You open your mouth and words come out, but the only thing you hear yourself think is oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit. Didn't you just promise Ma and Grusha and Tae and Iskra that you'd always be there for them? How on earth did you then manage to immediately go and promise Iso you'd move to the throat? What kind of inconsistent moron are you?

Okay, kid, calm down. This isn't an impossible situation. You just... need some time to think. And maybe the advice of someone who knows a lot more than you.

You've never visited the Veins with the intent of actually talking to a god before. But after everything with Ma, and Gaucho, and Isopia and oh my god does the Earth God know?! - you just feel like, maybe, you could use some otherworldly advice.

It's twilight when you finally reach the Veins. The fall day is fading into a brilliant sunset; something in your chest tightens at the thought that this might be the very last time you see a sunset over the sea (hyperbolic, yes). You approach the ruined shrines carefully, Squishy following dutifully behind. You brought a gift, a particularly nice piece of obsidian which you carefully crafted with your new magic into something resembling Isopia. In your childish mind, you think that maybe the Earth God will like this memento of his daughter - the daughter whose influence in your life, ultimately, caused you to make this trek. For a minute you stand, fidgeting, uncertain, your ears and eyes alert for any sign of Godlike Presence. Moments pass, and you grow uneasy with the silence.

So, as usual, you speak.

"Excuse me, Mr. Earth God, sir," you begin carefully, your voice as uncertain as your eyes, "But I need help an'- an' I didn't know who to ask. 'Cause it's kinda 'bout Iso, see, an', well, I'm real worried 'bout her, 'cause, well... you know." You whisper it into the ether, confident that he does, in fact, know. He's Isopia's Da, after all. To be honest, you've been compartmentalizing your knowledge of that thing, unable to really think about what it means, about how you feel knowing that your friend could do something so terrible. You want to be there for her, but at the same time... it's a lot more than you signed up for.

"I wanna be there for her, an' I know movin' to the Falls will help her, 'cept I just wonder if when you decided who'd be friends with who in the world, an' who would be strong or weak or brave, if maybe..."

You look at the ground, deeply flushed, suddenly aware of the absurdity of what you're about to say. The Earth God is a god, after all. There's no way he could have gotten something like this wrong.

But still, what if he did?

Your voice is a whisper, an exhalation, barely audible above the crashing waves. "...Maybe you made a mistake. I want to help Iso, but.. I dunno how. I'm just a crippled little kid. An' maybe if she told me before" you use your solitary wing to gesture to your wounds "I coulda done something, but now..."

You look carefully at the place where you anticipate he might appear, sadness clouding your sunbeam eyes. When did the world go so wrong? "I love Isopia, Mr. Earth God, but I dunno if I can be strong enough for her. For anyone, really."

image | coding

@Mythical Request

OKAY. Here's the full scoop. Please let me know if this is okay.
- With my VOTG pass from the site icon contest, Zero would like to quest for the magic [Earth :: Able to transform into an underwater panther, which retains his lightning markings. Standard restrictions.] as well as the item [Metal Wing :: A wing built of titanium, light yet strong enough to allow flight. Attached to his body through the metal on his shoulder. Movement allowed by a series of gears, springs, pulleys, etc, all with the living metal on his body running through.]. I will be using my Custom Item pass for the wing.
- I would also love if Earth God could, in this thread, give Zero the magic [Earth :: Can manipulate minerals to craft. Restrictions | Can only create 1 large, 2 medium, or 3 small items per season. Non crafting structures can only be chest high and degrade after a post. (From Ru'in's crafting restrictions) ]. I will be using my Magic (any type) prize for this.

EDITED slightly for timeline purposes @____@

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

During the twilit hours when the rest of the world slumbered, was when the Earth God did some of his best work. It was during the dark expanses of midnight that he could set out and tend to the flowers that closed their petals about their centres, resting and waiting for his life-giving touch to find them and renew them in time for dawn. He cleaned the springs, re-arranged the boulders, and tended to the mountains. All of this he did under the cover of the stars, so that his attention could be directed towards the more mobile of his charges, during the day. So to hear Zero's small, though recognizable voice come through the cracks in the stone, caused the God to pause. He had a full evening planned ...

... But he would always have time for those who called to him.

As Zero expected, the God appeared before Zero; the earth gently reshuffling itself to make way for the rustic giant to take his place above ground. bits of dust and soil fell from his robust shoulders, and despite a shake of his massive skull, bits of vines and roots clung to his horns.

"Isopia made her choices, Zekle, and one of those choices was deciding against confiding in you. You are correct, perhaps you might have done something for her, but that opportunity was one she decided to throw away.
"
He rumbled kindly, his paternalistic gaze focused lovingly on the one-winged stallion. "You should not bear the weight of that decision." A smile tugged at his lips, causing his beard to quiver. "Though to such a true friend as you have proven to be to her, I am sure that is not much comfort." The compliment tumbled from his lips like stones into a deep pool, and despite the seriousness of Zero's questions, the God's eyes glittered with mirth.

"It shouldn't be surprising to learn, that if a tree does not receive enough sunlight through its leaves, it will die." A small sapling appeared magically before them. It grew upwards, sprouting leaves that haphazardly arranged themselves outwards. Fake sunlight began to glimmer upon it, and obvious areas of shade could be seen, where the leaves were bunched too tightly together. "If trees grew in this manner, even in a climate with enough sunlight, they might still die. For you see the shadows covering the leaves? " The darker areas seemed to spread, as the magical tree twisted towards the sunlight, trying to acquire more for itself, but only causing more shadows to be created by the overlapping leaves. "I don't allow this to happen to though. I create a pattern in the leaves -" In truth, it was a complex mathematical formula, but his point would be made without having to go into the details. "-so that the ratio of leaves-to-sunlight is always maximized."

Though they stood on an island, the God spread his wings, and images of Helovia appeared in flashes before them, like sheet lightning. The God showed Zero countless forests, plants with leaves, and bushes, all with leaves perfectly arranged. The images disappeared, and the tree-illusion before them scattered on a breeze. "I take the time to tend to each and every leaf that covers this entire land - do you really think I would overlook you? That I would make a mistake, when I tend so carefully to the leaves?"

The God smiled at the conclusion of this brief insight into the magical workings of his gardening skills.

"And strength comes in many forms. Surely a Mason knows this."

CREDITS

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
What if we run like the wind
Feet are chasing moonlight
So... can Gods be wrong? Because you're pretty sure the Earth God is, well... kinda full of shit.

You listen, you really do try, but nothing seems to hit home. The God shows you images, tells you stories, talks about leaves and trees and sunlight- but this isn't leaves, it isn't plants, it's you and him and his daughter, and you begin to squirm uneasily as the Earth, in your eyes, dodges your questions, your line of concern. Doesn't he care that Isopia had killed her baby? That she, the Mountain that Knew, had been so hurt and bent and twisted and shattered she'd decided to forsake what mattered to her most and forget?

To be completely honest, you don't care about leaves. The whole thing, which might have fascinated you on another day, just leaves you somewhat lost and bewildered. "Yes!" you blurt as his story concludes, frustration and confusion painting your voice with a vivid candor. "I mean, no- I mean-" You did overlook me is the thought you cannot say. You overlooked me when I was young and asked for help, and maybe if you hadn't then none of this would have happened. But the God isn't responsible for that. There are a million voices clamouring for his attention, and yours is small, malformed, unimportant. You are nothing to him. You know this.

But Isopia? She is everything.

You inhale deeply and try again to plead with a mind greater than anything you could comprehend. "Maybe I was s'posed to be this way, but Iso... she got her memory erased. She doesn't even remember. How is that right? She got hurt so bad, an' you're her Da. You're s'posed to protect her-" but you know this isn't true, either, because parents can't protect you. Nobody can. Shit happens, and you're left to manage it, to pick up the pieces with the people who remain.

People like you, except how are you supposed to help? You can't even fly.

You stare at the ground, at the little onyx horse you made for the God, the symbol of so much promise. You used to have so much faith in the world- where did it all go? "I don't think I'm particularly strong," you confess at last, your downturned eyes hidden beneath furrowed brows. "Maybe a Mason knows how to be strong, but I don't even know how to be a Mason... and now my Ma's mad at me, and I'm leaving my family behind, and if I can't help Isopia then what's the point? What good am I, if I just let everybody down?"

image | coding

@Mythical Request
Sulky Zero will not be cheered :|

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

Sadly the God's lips twist into a half smile, half frown. It pains to him to see one still so young, who would trust his own pain over the reassurance of a God. Had Zero's life really been so full of trials and tribulations, that he could no longer see the beauty and mystery in all things, as he once had? The God exhaled, forcing himself to be patient. To see the bigger picture. One day the one-winged stallion would look back on moments such as these with clarity - would look back on every act that had harmed him and see it for what it was. Until then, they would both have to wait.

"A flower grown in a greenhouse might never have to grow thorns to protect itself, and might never lose its petals to an icy wind. But it will never experience a spring rain either." The God answered, wishing nothing more than to take Zero between his wings and offer him support. Though right now, the God thought that what Zero wanted most of all was to stand on his own four hooves and not be coddled. "I am her Father, yes. But I am not her keeper. What would Isopia's life be if I was there to save her from every hurt? To make every decision for her? She would be nothing more than one of your golems, a creature without free will. Created, but not alive. It is not always a Father's job to protect. Pain is a part of life. So is making poor decisions. I will not protect her from living."

The God thought the conversation was taking a turn for the better, as it moved from his daughter to Zero, but quickly he realized the boy's well of misery ran deep indeed. "Strength takes many forms, as I have told you. It is not muscles that make a man, nor wings which make a son, nor experience which makes a mason. Your mother is upset. She toes the line that I do with Isopia. She wants to protect you and keep you close, but you have decided to go away and begin living a life free of safety nets. It is not easy for Ma's to watch their children go into a world unprotected. But they must. You cannot fault your Mother for her reaction, and nor should you fault yourself." Again the urge to hug the boy grew strong, but the God resisted. "You have been more of a help to Isopia than you know - and I would wager entire forests that you have been a well of strength to those around you, without even realizing it. But perhaps it is time that you should."

The God stretched a wing forward, holding a stone which was black and flawed in many places. Its surface was rough and cracked. "This is a rubbing stone, Zero. I want you to take it. In order to reveal what is inside, you must rub it. But its magic only works when it is rubbed while hearing a meaningful story. I would like you to fill this stones with stories of times you haven't let those you love, down. They can be from your past - perhaps your friends and family can remind you of times that you have been there for them, and their voices can fill the stone. Or perhaps, as I suspect, you will just go on helping, and your deeds will fill the stone as they occur." The God smiled, expecting to see a look of apprehension or skeptical disbelief on the boy's face. "Fill the stone Zero, and then perhaps you will see what the point is."

Zero must take the rubbing stone, and hold it while either 1. Someone else, or he, is telling the stone about a time that he helped them/made a difference, or 2. While he is actively helping someone/making a difference. He must do this 5 times. Each time he does, the stone will grow less black/flawed, and will start to become hollow in the centre.

Also for your magic, you must pick a specific material to craft with !

CREDITS