the Rift

[PRIVATE] rivers and roads [Earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

During the twilit hours when the rest of the world slumbered, was when the Earth God did some of his best work. It was during the dark expanses of midnight that he could set out and tend to the flowers that closed their petals about their centres, resting and waiting for his life-giving touch to find them and renew them in time for dawn. He cleaned the springs, re-arranged the boulders, and tended to the mountains. All of this he did under the cover of the stars, so that his attention could be directed towards the more mobile of his charges, during the day. So to hear Zero's small, though recognizable voice come through the cracks in the stone, caused the God to pause. He had a full evening planned ...

... But he would always have time for those who called to him.

As Zero expected, the God appeared before Zero; the earth gently reshuffling itself to make way for the rustic giant to take his place above ground. bits of dust and soil fell from his robust shoulders, and despite a shake of his massive skull, bits of vines and roots clung to his horns.

"Isopia made her choices, Zekle, and one of those choices was deciding against confiding in you. You are correct, perhaps you might have done something for her, but that opportunity was one she decided to throw away.
"
He rumbled kindly, his paternalistic gaze focused lovingly on the one-winged stallion. "You should not bear the weight of that decision." A smile tugged at his lips, causing his beard to quiver. "Though to such a true friend as you have proven to be to her, I am sure that is not much comfort." The compliment tumbled from his lips like stones into a deep pool, and despite the seriousness of Zero's questions, the God's eyes glittered with mirth.

"It shouldn't be surprising to learn, that if a tree does not receive enough sunlight through its leaves, it will die." A small sapling appeared magically before them. It grew upwards, sprouting leaves that haphazardly arranged themselves outwards. Fake sunlight began to glimmer upon it, and obvious areas of shade could be seen, where the leaves were bunched too tightly together. "If trees grew in this manner, even in a climate with enough sunlight, they might still die. For you see the shadows covering the leaves? " The darker areas seemed to spread, as the magical tree twisted towards the sunlight, trying to acquire more for itself, but only causing more shadows to be created by the overlapping leaves. "I don't allow this to happen to though. I create a pattern in the leaves -" In truth, it was a complex mathematical formula, but his point would be made without having to go into the details. "-so that the ratio of leaves-to-sunlight is always maximized."

Though they stood on an island, the God spread his wings, and images of Helovia appeared in flashes before them, like sheet lightning. The God showed Zero countless forests, plants with leaves, and bushes, all with leaves perfectly arranged. The images disappeared, and the tree-illusion before them scattered on a breeze. "I take the time to tend to each and every leaf that covers this entire land - do you really think I would overlook you? That I would make a mistake, when I tend so carefully to the leaves?"

The God smiled at the conclusion of this brief insight into the magical workings of his gardening skills.

"And strength comes in many forms. Surely a Mason knows this."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
rivers and roads [Earth] - by Zèklè - 10-11-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: rivers and roads [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 10-22-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: rivers and roads [Earth] - by Zèklè - 11-07-2016, 10:00 AM