the Rift

[PRIVATE] rivers and roads [Earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

Sadly the God's lips twist into a half smile, half frown. It pains to him to see one still so young, who would trust his own pain over the reassurance of a God. Had Zero's life really been so full of trials and tribulations, that he could no longer see the beauty and mystery in all things, as he once had? The God exhaled, forcing himself to be patient. To see the bigger picture. One day the one-winged stallion would look back on moments such as these with clarity - would look back on every act that had harmed him and see it for what it was. Until then, they would both have to wait.

"A flower grown in a greenhouse might never have to grow thorns to protect itself, and might never lose its petals to an icy wind. But it will never experience a spring rain either." The God answered, wishing nothing more than to take Zero between his wings and offer him support. Though right now, the God thought that what Zero wanted most of all was to stand on his own four hooves and not be coddled. "I am her Father, yes. But I am not her keeper. What would Isopia's life be if I was there to save her from every hurt? To make every decision for her? She would be nothing more than one of your golems, a creature without free will. Created, but not alive. It is not always a Father's job to protect. Pain is a part of life. So is making poor decisions. I will not protect her from living."

The God thought the conversation was taking a turn for the better, as it moved from his daughter to Zero, but quickly he realized the boy's well of misery ran deep indeed. "Strength takes many forms, as I have told you. It is not muscles that make a man, nor wings which make a son, nor experience which makes a mason. Your mother is upset. She toes the line that I do with Isopia. She wants to protect you and keep you close, but you have decided to go away and begin living a life free of safety nets. It is not easy for Ma's to watch their children go into a world unprotected. But they must. You cannot fault your Mother for her reaction, and nor should you fault yourself." Again the urge to hug the boy grew strong, but the God resisted. "You have been more of a help to Isopia than you know - and I would wager entire forests that you have been a well of strength to those around you, without even realizing it. But perhaps it is time that you should."

The God stretched a wing forward, holding a stone which was black and flawed in many places. Its surface was rough and cracked. "This is a rubbing stone, Zero. I want you to take it. In order to reveal what is inside, you must rub it. But its magic only works when it is rubbed while hearing a meaningful story. I would like you to fill this stones with stories of times you haven't let those you love, down. They can be from your past - perhaps your friends and family can remind you of times that you have been there for them, and their voices can fill the stone. Or perhaps, as I suspect, you will just go on helping, and your deeds will fill the stone as they occur." The God smiled, expecting to see a look of apprehension or skeptical disbelief on the boy's face. "Fill the stone Zero, and then perhaps you will see what the point is."

Zero must take the rubbing stone, and hold it while either 1. Someone else, or he, is telling the stone about a time that he helped them/made a difference, or 2. While he is actively helping someone/making a difference. He must do this 5 times. Each time he does, the stone will grow less black/flawed, and will start to become hollow in the centre.

Also for your magic, you must pick a specific material to craft with !

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
rivers and roads [Earth] - by Zèklè - 10-11-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: rivers and roads [Earth] - by Zèklè - 11-07-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: rivers and roads [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 11-13-2016, 10:39 AM