[OPEN] Marco!! ____!!
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

If you could see it up close how could you ever forget—

(Strife.)

Born in war, reborn in war; like a glacial phoenix bursting out of the ice and snow, leaving a streak of blood behind to mark the place of its birth. The only difference was the lack of a distinct enemy.

It felt like war anyway. A savage, cold wind ripping flesh from the bones and leaving souls rent, bleeding out their feeble ethereal blood. Vipers, a twisting, curling mass of them, raw and passionate, brittle and bristling.

Not that he knew much of it, anyway, trapped in a place where his mind was more awake than his body, yet befuddled at the same. It could all simply be a dream, some strange and distant thing, a nightmare dredged up from the bottom of his memory—if not for that distinct feeling of being awake.

Besides, he was never this helpless in dreams.

Darkness studded with stars cradled him once more, and, gratefully, he sank back into the comfort of it. It took too much out of him to stay awake, alive, his heart struggling in his chest to keep beating when all it wanted was to give up. (Too bad it just can't give out.)

Time to wake up, Mauja. It was a thought that was so much clearer, so much more precise, that it could not be his own—spoken in the sweet voice of his Goddess, the one he always tried to deny but always came back to. With her life flowing through his veins, how could he turn away from her power? Knowing that he was at the mercy of her whims, how—?

He had never denied that they were powerful beings, he just hadn't wanted anything to do with them for a long time, and still, he wasn't sure he did. I did not grant you immortality so that you could use it as a means of running away. The softness of her tone rankled, because he fought the pity he craved, hid behind his bared teeth; that's not what I did, he thought in weak protest, while the voice beneath whispered liar, liar, liar.

It was true that he hadn't scouted out a glacier and jumped down, but he could've done more, should've done more, tried something, anything, not just—settled like dust on the floor and waited. Maybe his attempts wouldn't have led to a different outcome, but he would've tried something, fucking cared, and it was a guilt he would simply have to live with.

She bit him, then, a scathing thought like a wildfire through his aching mind. If you want to kill yourself, and forsake this gift, come to me. Don't throw yourself into a glacier.

It's not like I did it on purpose, he thought in her general direction, wondering if she could hear the voice he projected into the ether—or if it was all in his head, anyway.

But then, he sort of stopped caring, because in his frozen core a light sparked, and it wasn't at all pleasant. It swept like sparks through cold flesh and stagnant nerves, pins and needles, vague, distant screams from the furthest reaches of his physical body—slow heat coming through him in wave after wave, precise and sharp as starlight yet slow enough to keep his veins from unclenching and flooding his core with too-cold blood.

And then—

The darkness thickened—

Then there was the sky, free of wolf, free of pretty much everything but strong light, the swirling, dark mist, and a blur of lilac just on the edges of his vision. Moon, probably. More voices sunk into his tired ears, but they simply laid flopped against his skull. One of the owls—he thought it was Diego, a tan bundle against the snow—was dislodged from its place nestled in his mane and rolled half a foot away.

He wasn't sure he could feel anything reliably but he felt colder. It stole over him like a cloud blotting out the sun, a chill terror, vulnerability

He tried to move. To brush his head over the snow and fetch his lost owl back. Tried to ask for help. For anything.

His muzzle moved half an inch; his voice let out the faintest shadow of a whimper.

Fuck this shit.

He didn't want to admit how afraid he was.

—how senseless death, how precious life.

@Tilney @Roskuld @Mythical Request
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilnenfanir_by_neverrmind-dalndcz.png]
The one they called Ros had attempted to quit the scene, and Tilney didn't quite blame her. He felt utterly useless standing there above Mauja, and felt like there was naught else for him to do than to stare and wish he could help.
They needed to get him out, that much was clear but how.

Apparently, the speckled emissary was not the only helpless soul on this mountain, but every man and woman flung out to rescue him too.
And so Tilney did what he thought his only talent was - he could try to comfort the herd's sunken treasure who he could only assume was in an agonizing bout of pain and terror. "Keep breathing" the doctor bellowed "It can't get any worse..."

With the mention of rope, Tilney twisted his lips over his teeth and shook his crown "I don't think we have any rope" He spoke along with the Sparklight, gaze looking to hers and the twitch of a smile forming and wishing now was the appropriate time to call a jinx.
"Also, we must be very careful not to disturb the glacier; It could tumble down on him, cause an avalanche even and he would not be the only one trapped beneath the ice, otherwise I would suggest trying to melt or chip away a big enough area for him to escape" was the doctors musings, glancing to his lantern alight with fire and the antlers they rested upon.

Not a blink later the mother had appeared; he had turned to look over his shoulder, perhaps for anything that could aid them and then the second his eyes returned to the group they were cast upon the Moon Goddess herself. Bowing his crown, Tilney decided against speaking at this moment as he knew it was her, mother moon who they needed most. She needed to take charge and help them.

Their king adressed her, that magnificent dark woman, and so did Erthë. The white girls slantish remark nearly caused Tilneys eyes to rol back into his skull, though the safely stayed in place with his brows narrowing on the apprentices own icicle gaze. "Erthë" He spoke her name with a scold as if she were his own young. "We may still need your help, Philosopher" He reminded the white one of her title, her rank, her place. She came all this way to help, and she would.

note to everyone; I asked neo to skip me last round bc Tilney would have just stood there heavy breathing lmao!
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

She came. I bit my tongue and she came, and I felt Sparkmarrow’s metal against my skin, whatever that meant, and there was swirling shadows and some magical bullshit and Lee was plucked from the ice as easily as a windfall from a field in autumn.

She spoke to us, saying something smart, and I kept my gaze turned away and my mouth clamped shut and my eyes hard rocks with flecks of ice and waited for that whoosh-whoosh that signaled her departure. The whoosh never came, though, and there was just a full solid moment where we stood there, doing nothing, being awkward as hell with a God in our midst. Well, okay, some of us were moving, mainly the ass snow fairy stomping away because she had been smert enough to mention rope for some fucking reason. Tinkey tried to get her to stay but--like why? Even I didn’t feel like I was much use, but I least I’d guessed right that he was gonna be up here. What’d she do, other then get scared, then get mad that we weren’t scared right along with her for no goddamn reason?

Anyway, uh.

Mauja was free from the ice. And when nothing and no one moved, I finally broke and turned to him, and as soon as my sight fell on his sharp, thin figure, I lost all sense of feigning disinterest. Lee,” I hissed, the concern in my throat making his name harsh as it slipped past my teeth. I clamored for him--then stopped, brought up short by the large, feathered owl laying on the ground. The sight of one of his companions sent a lurch in my stomach--images of Chico came bounding in my head--but now wasn’t the time to feel bad about it. Might as well get the job done.

I reached down and nudged the limp owl back toward its bonded, inching closer and closer to Lee until the bird would at least be touching some part of him. Then, without once acknowledging the Moon’s presence, I reached forward to sharpest point of the former-King’s shoulder, offering something warm and real and earth-bound to help thaw some of the hard freeze of existence. “Lee….Lee? I called to him--chanted almost. I didn’t know what I wanted from him; did I expect him to speak so soon after being freed from a glacier? Maybe I just prodded gently for spark of recognition, a murmur of understanding--any sign at all for life, that the God of the Moon just hadn’t brought us an empty husk and called it a day.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

@Tembovu

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!