the Rift

[OPEN] Marco!! ____!!

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Themes were a thing and one of them was happening at that moment even if I was too blinded by stupid silly shit running through my head to notice--my path blocked by all of Tembovu’s big ass, and suddenly I was swallowed by his shadow and his mass and his heat and everything, walking right into a wall of straight chest and muscle before I could realize what was happening. And it was like a thick blanket thrown over the bare wires of a sputtering socket, smothering them out, choking them from existence.Except this was me we were talking about and instead of taking a moment to calm the fuck down I was starting to burst out of all sense of decency.

*Ros, I don’t think you’ve found what you’re looking for, yet.*

I sputtered wordlessly for a second. “He’s--what are you talking about, he’s there, he’s in the ice, I found him, you found him, we found him--” I was yelling at his shoulder blade like it owed me money, doing my obstinate best to miss his point, “It’s not like--I can’t do any--I already did my--”

*If we get some rope, maybe we can hoist him up...Those who can fly might be of some use…*

And it didn’t matter that she couldn’t have possibly known that was a sore spot, a knife already lodged in my person that was seduced into a tighter twist. I guess, looking back, my Pa knew what he was doing by letting me grow up and find Sparkmarrow on my own instead of breaking it out of the storage glacier, dusting it off, and handing it to me as a tinier babe. I could see myself in my mind’s eye in that moment, super clear and static free, ripping Sparkmarrow from its sheath and throwing it at at her, herdmateship be damned.

What I ended up doing was giving a short bark of AwghAGHG at Tembovu’s clavical and zpsnk!ing out from his oppressive weight, disappearing in a small shower of spark and winking back into existence feet away, breathing hard and scowling like a thunderstorm but focused, because leaping through the sparklight apparently is enough to reset my head a little. Oh sure, the turbulent shit was still there--but it was held back at the moment, and the threat of it overwhelming me was delayed for...eh, at least right then.

I stomped back to the ledge, peering over and keeping my eyes on Mesec’s black smudge because looking at that pale body down below still hurt in a way I couldn’t reconcile. “We don’t have rope and we ain’t got the space for it,” I said, after considering the option without that rosy-gold lense of saltiness coloring the idea of it. Besides, there were only three two of us here who could fly, and only one who could be effective. Because, let’s face it, even if that short, slender-looking white chick could bear Lee’s weight along with Bro, I couldn’t imagine two fliers being able to fly side-by-side like that straight upwards carefully enough to draw the large body up from the depths.

My attention was caught back to Mesec, who mentioned that we needed Help with a weight that made me cringe inwardly. It was a power that I...well, I didn’t hate it but it never sat right with me to have that kind of clout by blood. Even as I watched, a seeping shadow crept around Lee’s body, and I knew that something was being done.

I swallowed my suggestion of calling for Pa. One god was bad enough, and besides, this wasn’t the kind of shit I would wanna call him for anyway.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

@Tilney @Tembovu @Erthë

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Marco!! ____!! - by Roskuld - 10-12-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mesec - 10-13-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mauja - 10-16-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Tilney - 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Roskuld - 10-22-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Tembovu - 10-22-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Erthë - 10-23-2016, 03:03 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mesec - 10-23-2016, 09:53 AM