the Rift

[OPEN] the sand wolf

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

Verro hadn't been sure where she was going, that particular day she'd decided to spread her wings and fly, as long as it took her far from the Throat. She had spared a fleeting thought for her mai, she was busy looking for one of her daughters while juggling herd responsibilities now she'd been elevated, how would she feel now her other daughter had taken to the wind on wings of spirit fire, seemingly never to return?

The filly had a few words which swirled in her mind, but pushed them aside with another stroke of her ever growing wings and a shake of her delicate head. Already made up mind, she'd muttered to herself internally, no point thinking on it any longer. Besides, it wasn't like she had any idea's to go anywhere dangerous, no matter how exciting the prospects were to run into danger and make stories of her own. The landscape beneath her changed colours in splattered stains, green, orange, reds and bright colours of ever blooming flowers peppered her lilac sights, just as the smell of Orangemoon invaded her nostrils with smells both sweet and smokey and the salt sea brought in from the west. Pale wings tilted in the breeze as her legs pulled closer into her petite but sturdy frame, the sky and the land beneath her switched places again and again as she rolled. She'd straighten up for a few moments until the dizziness which encroached on her vision disappeared and she'd do it again, a whinny of delight lost into the winds.

Part of her would miss the Dragon's Throat, but it wasn't like it was goodbye forever. The filly had never sat still, it simply wasn't in her nature. Her mother's wild streak, and her father's wild fire rested within her core and beat with all the fervor of the suns radiant flame. She'd return no doubt, but there were ghosts there, and questions that would never be answered — at least not now, and the painful gap left by Tasokh wasn't going to heal whenever she woke up to her side empty in their nest.

Eventually, the sand princess spied what she had been looking for — the shattered glass which sparkled in the sunlight, with a backdrop of misted forest and sheer cliff faces. Nephele had mentioned the place a time or two, as well as mentioning one or two of the inhabitants that dwelled within the misted domain. Her wings pulled in as she began her descent from the clouds, her wings brushed against the air in gentle beats in order to bring her down gracefully just short of the invisible border line she knew would be there. One cream hoof pressed against the soft ground before the rest, graceful in her touch down to earth. The flames upon her wings bloomed brighter now she could properly see everything, the white flames danced and crackled with both excitement, curiosity and nervousness. What if they sent her back home? She was old enough to be away from her Mai now, wasn't she? They couldn't send her back, that they might not want her? that didn't cross her mind at all.

Painted muzzle curled to nuzzle itself against the beads and feathers in her cream mane, the black feathers of her father pressed against her velvet nostrils. She hoped somehow that they might fill her with enough fire to beat back the nervousness and second guessing which now invaded her thoughts. After a moment, she mustered up enough strength in her to let out a whinny, hopefully one that the forest wouldn't swallow and leave her stood there until the sun disappeared for the moon.

talk talk

she slept with wolves without fear.
verro
lovelyskylark!

Verro has come to join the Edge!

Also tagging @Zubari @Erthë
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
It was a typical day in Edge. There was nothing special going on, and the elders went about their duties. The small boy was always the one to slip away from everyone. Into the mist and heavy fog the boy traveled. It was never the fact he hated people, Zubari would rather be alone. He was the first full blooded prince in Helovia, that never made his life easy. No matter the situation his parents expected him to be diplomatic. Never snap back, always use your manners, and be polite. Sometimes he wished he could have an easy going personality like tutti, but he was not oblivious to the world. Maturing much quicker than normal he felt like no one in Edge could understand him.

In the distance something caught his attention. A soft whinny leaking through the mist of Edge. It was almost drowned in the never ending forest, but he heard the sound. Hooves moved quicker and quicker, his muscles broke into a gallop. Golden eyes flicked to the birds flying into the sky. A small feather from one of the birds fell to the ground. Watching it fall, it floated, drifted, and finally kissed the ground. he wanted to stop and pick it up, but his legs still ran towards the sound. His chest expanded with each heavy breath of cold air. Finally he go to see the creature who made the call.

Sliding to a halt, black hooves tore the ground up. Deep chocolate was wet with sweat, and the black spots were hidden. Gold eyes brightened, they were shinning more than the sun. She had wings! A sight Zubari could not keep his eyes off of. White markings were striking, and the start of a full rack on antlers grabbed his attention. The one thing he could not keep his golden orbs off of were her wings. Should he give in and tell the girl she was pretty? His heart thumped in his chest, and the moment was surreal to the boy. Quickly he realized that he was being rude to this lovely creature."Hello, I am Zubari. Umm I don't mean to be rude, but you are.... so Pretty!"  His childish heart finally reached from its hidden depths. The boy could not help himself from showering her with all his attention. "Can you fly with those wings?? Like are they like a birds wings? They are so awesome! I wish I had wings....." He went to step closer to the girl. A smile, ( a genuine smile) found it's way across his maw. "Can I help you find anything ??." He asked the girl remembering his manners again.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Verro

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Absent Abyss
Nova

The silence the forest answered with was deafening for the Sand Princess, each tick of time could be heard by her soft ears, each twitch of her neck earned her a jingle of the beads which held the feathers tightly in her silken tufts of hair. Surely, someone would come, right? It would be rather rude to leave someone to linger on the borders when they had traveled so far. She shifted to a more comfortable position, hind leg propped upon the tip of her hoof as her bright gaze surveyed the mists, narrowed as though it might help her make out shapes of something which lingered behind the curtain.

Eventually, something arrived and lilac orbs watched with curiosity and elation, finally someone had come. A Colt of chocolate and gold was revealed to her and her head naturally tipped to the side, painted face gave him a once over with a slow blink of her large eyes. She'd never seen a coat like his before, dotted with darker spots of brown and unusual horns which had begun to spring from his head, in fact the more she stared — the more the gold stood out, especially his eyes. The silence continued to stretch, and as her mind touched it's own hoofs back to reality it seemed the colt had also had the realization because his lips parted to speak before hers could.

"Hello, I am Zubari. Umm I don't mean to be rude, but you are.... so Pretty!"

Pretty? Banded feathers raised in surprise to the compliment, she'd never been called pretty before, unless you counted her mai calling her pretty. If she could of, the Sand Filly might've blushed, but any colour was swallowed by fine dark fur which covered her. Usually her thoughts and expressions were in line, but the surprise had thrown her and allowed them to reign free upon her face instead. "It wasn't rude...I'm Verro." She returned, a note of shyness suddenly laced in her voice to betray that the compliment had some effect on her. Zubari's comments on her flaming wings shifted her attention to them, instinctively they stretched out and upwards toward the sky to give the colt a better look at them. She hadn't really thought of them as unique, the Throat was filled with pegasus more than equines and unicorns, the only thing which had stuck out to her was her magic. "They're like bird wings, yes, and I can fly with them." She replied with a grin. "Maybe you can go see the Gods and get wings? My mai says that they can give all sorts of magic to those who go see them." She offered.

His last question to her is mulled over for a few moments, as though it was some kind of secret that needed to be kept underwraps. In a way it was, if her mai came to see if she was here, then it would be a secret to be kept, wouldn't it? "I've come to see if I can live here."

talk talk

verro
lovelyskylark!

@Zubari

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

[Image: tammetabletest_by_neverrmind-dahdrp9.png]

Wilted were the flowers around them, only the evergreens remaining immune to the approaching frostfall's disease. It caused Tilney to often wonder why he remained strong throughout orangemoon and winters tide yet something as mighty as the trees could not stand the press of time. The arbors were known for longevity however and tree-stamped unicorns were not.
Cloak and collar donned, Tilney stepped from the greenhouse to his home tree where he expected to find Maude. The way the orange leafs rustled as he stepped caused his heart to ache for the sun, but also lit a certain warmth in his heart; his dear one would now be approaching two seasons of age. How quickly she grew before his eyes astonished and astounded him.
Maude had certainly lit a fire in him - now she was almost his every thought.

There was the subject of her mother however. Where had the light of dawn run to now? It made Tilney question Arahs love for him, and even his love for the doe; while he fretted gravely for her, his every fear was overridden by his duty to their young one. Surely Maude missed her mother and wondered a million times a day where on earth she was, and tilney wish he could tell her. For now they would wait and wonder together, even if that meant speaking no word about it. If Maude was left with questions it was better than being told her mother was vanished, or so Tilney had concluded.

"Hello Love,"
the flaxen father began, casting his affectionate gaze down towards the citrine eyes of his only child, bumping her neck with his muzzle in a kiss. "We will go beyond the wall today"to told her with a stern gaze, a smile finding its way onto his lips. He had managed to keep the girl on a leash for long enough; perhaps it was time it got longer.

Turning his steps south east the patriarch weaved his way to the wall, aiming to find himself in the thistle meadow before nightfall. They could stay the night in the meadow and return in the morning - surely that would make a safe first trip from home would it not?
Apon aproaching the fallen wall, Tilney caught the sight of two other young ones. One he knew as Zubari - he had been present at his birth in fact and examined him, making sure he had been healthy. He was unsure if the spotted colt would remember him, but he was overjoyed to see him so tall and healthy!
"Zubari" Tilney greeted the kings young "My, you are growing fast young man! I bet soon you could take on your father!" He cheered, glancing towards Maude who was only a number of weeks older than the colt. He had no doubt they had met before he had heard maude jabbering about the twins often. The antlered man stood tall and looked to the stranger whos hoofs and coronets were still caked in red sand - a new arrival from the south perhaps? Being so young, he wondered where the winged fae's mother was, but Tilney could only think of damning answers. Perhaps she was dead... or missing just like Maudes.
"Greetings little one, My name is Tilney. You have made it to the Worlds Edge" A wide smile graced his face, green smiling eyes watching hers with warmth and welcoming. "are you injured or in need of any medical attention? I am a Doctor and I know travelling can be harsh on the body!"
Perhaps he and Maude's trip would have to wait.
schwartze

@Maude

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Erthë too was on her way off when she came upon the little gathering. Tilney's cheerful voice drew her attention away from the winding trail beneath her feet and caused her to look up, a smile touching upon pink lips at the sight of the foals. They looked so small, it was hard to imagine that she too had been that tiny only a few months ago. Mind you, she was still small - both youngsters would overtake her in height in just a season or two - but where they were all legs and knees and huge eyes she had filled out in other ways during this Orangemoon. There was a swell of hip and a curve of neck that could no longer be mistaken for puppy fat, an edge to the smile and a gleam in her eyes that suggested Erthë was no longer a child. Oh, she had always seemed mature for her age but finally her body was catching up to the premature mind, so much so that it was easy to forget that she was still barely out of childhood.

"Hello there" she said as she paused by the oddly put together threesome, the soft ears pricked forward in interest while pale eyes moved from person to person - swift, piercing, seemingly missing nothing worthy of notice. The crisp autumn air cooled even more in her vicinity; frost glittered in the air and crept across the edges of grass and leaves by her feet, but the winter-pale mare didn't even seem to notice.

"You should invite your friend in" she suggested to the young colt, a smile glittering in her eyes at his apparent awe over the horn-crowned girl. "The border isn't the best place to play, I should think..."

She threw a glance at Tilney, a brow raised in silent query to see if he agreed. She hadn't heard the request to join the ranks, nor was she sure that the kids were actual friends - but if they weren't already then they probably would be by the days end, and it would be a shame to let anything come between that. She could not allow the filly in, but the Moon Doctor had that kind authority... he might as well use it.

ERTHË
It's too cold outside for angels to fly
Image Credits

@Zubari

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

A light hearted grace carried the girl through the forest alongside her lantern laden sire, her ginger lips curved into a continuous smile, which had been born as soon as he’d promised to take her somewhere other than the Edge.

She was eager to have stories like Katua and Zubari; their mother was much more liberal with allowing her children out of the herd than Tilney was. Maude didn’t suppose she blamed him too much, really, considering that her momma had simply vanished just before the festival, while the cheetah-mare was still around to make sure her twins were safe while they explored, as was King Tembovu. With his tasks at the greenhouse and about the kingdom, her father was busy enough without having to follow his eager, adventurous daughter all across Helovia.

It meant that the poor girl was often left at home, and forced to find her own imaginary adventures about the misty forest and steep cliff face. So, it’s no wonder that, today, with the invisible cage door flung wide open, Maude’s mouth was much the same, her cheerful cherub’s voice prattling away.

And then, as if the squirrel wasn’t weird enough, Katua just blasted through the poor shrub! It was pitiful, daddy, you should have seen the thing shudder about…” she is telling her father as they come upon Zubari and the strange filly. Another young mare is there, too, and the whole scene is enough to make the girl’s already vibrant smile grow all the wider.

Hi Zubari!” cheerfully greets the filly in time with her father’s greeting, prancing up to her friend’s side and nudging him happily with her nose. Her silk bound tail wriggles happily, citrine eyes wide as she looks about at the others gathered about.

I’m Maude,” beams the child as soon as her father is done greeting them, too. She quickly quiets, however, knowing that making sure the girl is healthy and comfortable is more important than finding out other things, like her name, or what its like to fly, or who the pretty white as clouds girl is…

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Zubari
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
She was kind and sweet with her words. The girl smiled at the boy and reassured him that he was not being rude. There was a moment, and moment between the two that felt magical. (He might just have his first crush, and it might have not been magical. It was to him though.) Her wings reached fro the sky, and he moved closer to look at them. Golden eyes were bright and filled with joy and happiness. His eyes scanned over the many patterns that adorned her feathered features. "Can I touch them?? I have never felt a feather before ." He smiled at the girl with bright, shining happiness flowing through him.

"It is so nice to meet you Verro, and I have never herd of the gods. Do you think they would give me a feather, or let me fly just one time!? I don't think I would look as good with wings as you do." Golden eyes looked to the ground before hearing the girl speak up again. He almost wanted to trot in place hearing that Verro wanted to live here... with HIM! "OHH My dad is the King!! I can show you everything in Edge! You are going to love it here!! There are tons of people to be friends with and you could meet my sister Tutti!." This was going to be great! In the heat of excitement the boy did not hear the other arrive. A man spoke to him and the smile almost fell from his maw. This was his time with Verro.....

Golden eyes looked to see the antlered man that he does not remember all too well. "Mom says I am going to be just as big as dad!" Be happy, be nice, oh and be polite Zubari. All the thoughts were running trough his head as he smiled with a small giggle. Of course it was not a genuine one, but who could tell the difference? The Man goes on to talk to the girl. Zubari wants to glare and stare at the man, but he just smiles. "Verro Is my new friend that wants to come live here with us!." His thoughts got happier thinking of the girl. Then another spoke up. She had wings like his new friend and golden eyes fell upon the woman. She was kind telling him to invite the girl in. He smiled and nodded his golden nubs to her. "Mom and dad like it when I play in Edge.. They say the boarders sometimes have strange or weird people. ." Golden eyes fell upon the white woman. "Hi I am Zubari." He dipped his head in a greeting like his parents taught him. Being a prince was not an easy job... Just as he was turning around to invite the girl into Edge Maude came forward. His rotten beam of sunshine, but he loved the girl as his friend. She was the first foal the twins met. Zubari smiled as the girl nudged him. His inked exotic face looked to everyone around. "I think you will like it here Verro."Calm, collected, and sweet tones filled the air as he waited to see if the girl would come forward with them.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Verro

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Absent Abyss
Nova
Verro's grin remained on her painted maw, as Zubari inched closer to her and her spread wings. Maybe it really was that the mainland was lacking Pegasai, just as she hadn't seen many equines nor Unicorn's in the Throat. Then again, she lived — or had lived on an Island nation, having wings made it much more easier to get around than relying on just hooves, she supposed. "Sure you can." Her left wing stretched forward with her answer, feeling her cheeks heat as she did so. Why? He had only wanted to pet her wings, why did her dark face feel like it was on fire? 

"You haven't?" There's a note of genuine surprise, and silent relief that he began to speak again, letting her push past her fluttering stomach or the flush that hid underneath her painted face. "I don't see why they wouldn't let you fly." She admitted with a thoughtful tune, they had blessed her with magic — though she wondered if it was the fact Gaucho had been the Sun God's champion and Sultan, not some divine lucky strike. The sand princess wasn't given time to enter a thoughtful state, and neither did she want to if she was honest with herself, Zubari had captured her attention and his excitable energy was infectious! The spirit flames which danced on her wings burned ever brighter, and her hooves had wholly become consumed by the white flames which also lived there.

"I'd like that, I mean, if you showed me around the Edge. It might take some getting used to, it'd be nice to have the Prince show me around." The heat is back to some degree, and the young filly ruffled her feathers to distract herself. It certainly wasn't the Oasis and the red sands of home, where she could spread her wings and fly — but right now the Throat seemed less like her home, and despite her young age, her mind seemed to be developing far quicker than it should. "And I'd like to meet your sister too." Verro added, though it's added with a small pang of upset at the lack of her own sister to be there to join her.

Another soon appeared, and the Sand Wolf's dun tipped ears flicked forward as her lilac orbs rested on him and the filly who followed before they returned intently back to Zubari. She didn't fail to note the subtle change in the chocolate painted colt, and immediately she felt herself standing a little straighter. "M'ath." Her antlered head nodded toward the Moon Doctor and Maude. "I'm Verro. daughter of Gaucho, Sultan of the Throat." Even though Zubari had introduced her, she felt better if she also said at least something. She figured it would be common knowledge by now that her father was no longer of this world, there was no sultan to take his place, and in her determined mind there would be no other sultan who could hold a flame to him. At the question of her needing medical attention, she shook her head. "I'm fine, I'm used to flying long distances. Thank you though."

She hadn't been expecting another to show up, but when the horned and winged filly of ice appeared, she can't help but be glad to see there are winged ones that dwell in the forested cliffs. She commented about the borders, and she can't help but twist her maw downward at the thought. Were the borders really that dangerous? Other than the obvious shards of glass you could carelessly trip over. "I hope I'm not one of those strange or weird people." Aiming the amused jab over to her new found friend, she moved forward to walk by his side. "I think I'll like it here too." Oh! Her step faltered for just a moment as she craned her neck to nuzzle at one of her banded feathers, careful to make sure she plucked it with care. "For you." She mumbled around the feather, reaching out to try and place it around on of Zubari's strands of hair. "It's not a God's feather, but I hope you like it."

talk talk

verro
lovelyskylark!

@Tilney
@Maude
@Zubari

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

The soft whinny that filtered through the Edge’s mists was young. And it was that youth that drew the Elephant’s brisk steps towards the borders, mild concern and moderate curiosity weaving through his ribs. Why was a foal calling at their borders? There were a few reasons that flashed through the King’s mind, and none of them were good. An injured mother? Abandonment? Lost?

But, by the time his quick, long steps found the source of the youthful call, there was already a gathering around the new filly. Navy eyes skim over Tilney, Maude, Erthe—though they linger on his son, Zubari as his son was closely admiring the new filly’s wings. His black-rimmed ears sweep forward, a knowing grin spreading across his features as his darkly spotted son complimented the new girl—’Verro’, he called her.

Nerver had he seen his son so… light. Zubari was usually snappy, dark, and manipulative to those around him. But with this filly… His eyes, lightening at seeing such things interactions unfold, shifted to study the winged, antlered Verro. She was young, no more than two seasons, but her violet eyes jumped out from beneath her pale, foal-fuzz forelock. Youthful prettiness whispered at adult beauty. And her countenance promised kindness, as she placed a feather amid his son’s messy black mane.

He came to stand alongside Erthe, though his eyes sought to share a knowing grin with Tilney—two fathers understanding the beginning of a boy’s first infatuation. Both Tilney and Tembovu were privy to such things (thoughts of Arah and Mara slipping through his mind). But then he bumped his great shoulder against Erthe’s cool, feathered, pearlescent one, “What do you think, Erthe? Should we let her in?” His murmur, grin, and accompanying wink was filled with a father’s mischief.

And then he turned his attention to Verro, “You may join our herd only if you allow my son, Zubari to escort you on a tour. We can’t have a young filly getting lost.” His lopsided smile was warm, eyes laughing with mirth, “Welcome to the Edge, Verro.”

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

Late Tembo, but he wanted to meet Verro! :D

@Verro @Zubari @Tilney

Please tag Tembovu.