the Rift

[OPEN] the sand wolf

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

The silence the forest answered with was deafening for the Sand Princess, each tick of time could be heard by her soft ears, each twitch of her neck earned her a jingle of the beads which held the feathers tightly in her silken tufts of hair. Surely, someone would come, right? It would be rather rude to leave someone to linger on the borders when they had traveled so far. She shifted to a more comfortable position, hind leg propped upon the tip of her hoof as her bright gaze surveyed the mists, narrowed as though it might help her make out shapes of something which lingered behind the curtain.

Eventually, something arrived and lilac orbs watched with curiosity and elation, finally someone had come. A Colt of chocolate and gold was revealed to her and her head naturally tipped to the side, painted face gave him a once over with a slow blink of her large eyes. She'd never seen a coat like his before, dotted with darker spots of brown and unusual horns which had begun to spring from his head, in fact the more she stared — the more the gold stood out, especially his eyes. The silence continued to stretch, and as her mind touched it's own hoofs back to reality it seemed the colt had also had the realization because his lips parted to speak before hers could.

"Hello, I am Zubari. Umm I don't mean to be rude, but you are.... so Pretty!"

Pretty? Banded feathers raised in surprise to the compliment, she'd never been called pretty before, unless you counted her mai calling her pretty. If she could of, the Sand Filly might've blushed, but any colour was swallowed by fine dark fur which covered her. Usually her thoughts and expressions were in line, but the surprise had thrown her and allowed them to reign free upon her face instead. "It wasn't rude...I'm Verro." She returned, a note of shyness suddenly laced in her voice to betray that the compliment had some effect on her. Zubari's comments on her flaming wings shifted her attention to them, instinctively they stretched out and upwards toward the sky to give the colt a better look at them. She hadn't really thought of them as unique, the Throat was filled with pegasus more than equines and unicorns, the only thing which had stuck out to her was her magic. "They're like bird wings, yes, and I can fly with them." She replied with a grin. "Maybe you can go see the Gods and get wings? My mai says that they can give all sorts of magic to those who go see them." She offered.

His last question to her is mulled over for a few moments, as though it was some kind of secret that needed to be kept underwraps. In a way it was, if her mai came to see if she was here, then it would be a secret to be kept, wouldn't it? "I've come to see if I can live here."

talk talk

she slept with wolves without fear.
verro
lovelyskylark!

@Zubari
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
the sand wolf - by Verro - 10-13-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: the sand wolf - by Zubari - 10-13-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: the sand wolf - by Verro - 10-13-2016, 10:22 PM