the Rift

[PRIVATE] We Make the Same Mistakes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I waited here tonight for you to come, but your love just disappeared. I'm waiting in the dark for miracles, but miracles don't happen here.
I never really looked back on my life, but as I walked toward the Falls' border I found myself thinking back to when life was so much simpler. So much easier. I remembered being a foal in the Foothills and not having a care in the world aside from when Bear was going to find me in our game of hide and seek. Or when Cera and Midas were going to come from the Throat to visit. I was blissfully naïve about the hurts and pains and evils of the world and, sometimes, I longed for that again. I wanted to see all the good in the world and in everyone around me and not think 'what bad thing is going to happen next, or 'I wonder if they're as nice as they seem'. I wanted to not feel the pain of death and the sting of loneliness once more. 

It would never happen.

Thinking back, though, I realized how the days seemed to blur together. Every memory that made me happy seemed to all blend together along with my heartaches and my triumphs. Sometimes the heartache stood out more, sometimes old happy memories were enough to make me feel lighter and make me smile. I remembered the pain of watching Hototo die, but I also remembered playing games with him. The same with Midas -- I remembered his death, but I also remembered the time that I got to spend with him and how it had made me feel. In time I would be able to think about Dragomir and not be sad that he was gone, but instead think about our field and picking flowers with him. And of Gaucho and how much he had taught me. And ... of Rhoa and his love.

I sighed, my eyes closing as their faces resurfaced from my memories. One day this would make me stronger. Until that day came I would mourn them because they were my weakness ... because I loved them. It was a weakness that I could accept. It was a weakness that made me who I was and no matter how much it hurt I wouldn't change it.

My eyes opened and I comtinued toward the border, but I stopped cold when I saw who was standing there. I ... couldn't didn't believe my eyes. It couldn't be Dragomir, he'd been gone for so long and I'd looked everywhere for him. My head tilted as I stared in silence for what felt like an eternity. "...Drago...?"

"."

ooc:// love youuuuuuuu 
image credits

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-14-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-25-2016, 10:58 AM