the Rift

[OPEN] Corralling [welcoming]

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
Ultima landed in a flush of autumn leaves, her long hair – braided for tidiness – snapping as her hooves met the earth. Her gaze found the Conscript immediately. “Sorry,” she called breathlessly, fanning the leaves and the dust down, “But have either of you seen a kitten anywhere about? He’s this tall—” She lifted a fore hoof yea-high. “—And looks rather like a walking cottonball, but don’t tell him I said that. Anyway, he’s gone missing and he’s really quite small, so— Oh, is that … ?

The girl had spoken largely to Aquila, not because they knew each other particularly well, but because the seahorse was 1. noticeable and 2. familiar. An excellent combination if one is seeking help. Deep in tunnel-vision, however, Ultima had entirely glossed over the figure following just behind. By force of habit, she hurried forward, thinking it might be Tilney – and came succinctly to a halt, ears perked and expression difficult to place. Expectation, tempered quickly by disappointment and an undercurrent of relief. 

Not him. Of course not. (He hadn’t even said goodbye.)

It was a stranger, a tall gray mare with a fine set of antlers and a polished look that Ultima knew quite well. She had been the same, a year ago – bright, shiny. The thought drew a smile.

So steeling her heart, softening her stance, and salvaging her manners, Ultima gave the newcomer a polite bob. “Pardon, I don’t believe we’ve met,” she said, cocking her head. “Welcome to the Falls! Are you hurt anywhere? I see a fair number of scratches on your poor legs – nothing too serious, I imagine, but I can certainly look them over. I’m sure they sting.” Her brilliant gold eyes turned to Aquila. “And you? Are you alright? I’m a Medic,” she added for the gray’s reference. “Please call me Ultima.”
a tattoo of a flower on her broken wrist
eternityspool!

@Aquila @Guinevere sorry this is a hot mess ahahaaaa
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Messages In This Thread
Corralling [welcoming] - by Aquila - 10-14-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Corralling [welcoming] - by Guinevere - 10-16-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: Corralling [welcoming] - by Ultima - 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Corralling [welcoming] - by Aquila - 10-21-2016, 08:55 AM