the Rift

[PRIVATE] angel smiles drive me crazy

Mercutio Posts: 12
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

M E R C U T I O

And so it seemed a battle had ensued, shots fired and returned in volleys of water fresh from the cold stream. At Mercutio's retaliatory sneak-attack Cera squealed and went bounding away, lifting his wings as shields. Still dripping, the unicorn could only laugh at the antics, a booming sound and a pure one, mirth pouring out of him before the cynical beast could talk himself out of feeling it.

Somehow attraction fell away, not gone, but no longer a priority over the sweet and childish pursuit of fun. Sure, he had found entertainments on his road, diversions and distractions to chip away and the day's long hours but when was the last time he had played? When was they last time hes given up on thinking the world so flawed long enough to let himself find the fun in it? He'd flirted yes, he'd laughed and talked with careful words and smiled designed to illicit others; even without malicious intention there had for so long been something fake about his smile, something practiced, but as Mercutio's lips curved now there was none of that. Amusement without motive, simple joy without restraint, coaxed out of the guarded loner by a soul as bright as sunshine.

If he would have taken a moment to stop and think about it, he would have stopped. He would have pulled away and moved on to find others to entertain him who would have been just as selfish with their time and their joy as he thought he was. He was a bad bet, a rambler and a fool, the likes of Cera should never get messed up with one like him lest end up being disappointed in the end. But the Golden was so free in his smiles, so bright, Mercutio really was like a man who'd gone years without seeing the sun. Mezmerized. Magnetized. How could he help but be pulled into spending a few hours in such wonderful company. Cause you're a selfish man, Mercutio, and a foolish one.

Maybe it was a good thing Mercutio didn't take a minute to think, only to laugh as Cera scampered away and grin down at Illaria, glad she had picked up on the hint and abandon ship. He wondered about the little panda, for surely she was no ordinary critter or pet. He was thinking she might be a rather delightful partner in crime if he could figure how best to communicate with her, but Cera had recovered and was already promising retribution and charging, so he didn't have time to convene a splash-war-council. "Ahh!" he yelled in rather delighted surprise as the Golden came at him, and gave himself over to the simple joy of play. He backed up hastily, strong, nimble legs carrying him back smoothly into the water, but not past enough to escape Cera's playful attack. "Hey now," he laughed, between soft swipes of those fascinating wings, "let's not be forgetting who started it!"

He was herded back into the deeper water and was almost knee-high in it before digging his hooves into the soft bed and refusing to give up anymore ground. He saw the wicked glint of a plan in Cera's green eyes but there was no defense to mount against it. Heavy with water, the wings slapped at him until he was thoroughly drenched and despite the chill he only laughed. "Think a little water's gonna do me in, eh? Well let's see how you like a swim!" With no method of splashing that would rival the pegasus' wings, Mercutio surged forward to try and tip that stallion over and dunk him in the shallow river. The blue crustal around his neck swung wildly as Mercutio reared with a mock war-cry and pushed himself forward aiming his strong chest at Cera's slighter one.

If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking and you beat love down.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-15-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-15-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-16-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-16-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-27-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-30-2016, 03:11 AM