the Rift

[PRIVATE] Going on a Field Trip

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
I have been stalking the mother and daughter since they left the caves. The child is sickly, and looks oh so tasty. The mother seems to be a new mother too. Both seem to go in my favor. After all, when you have long and pointed teeth like mine... Its been so long since i've had a decent meal too. So it's to my sheer joy that they stop in the meadow. I halted to, just watching the pair. The child lays down, and I grin a very toothy grin. Now, just to wait for the mother to join her....

But she doesn't. I think she must of heard me scramble up the rocky ground behind them as we all left the caves. So instead of the easy kill I thought it would be, i've got to lure the mother away.

I stalk a bit farther out, and let lose a howl that should send anyone near running. But the mother doesn't run. She stands guard. Just looking over that delicious baby of hers. So, I change plans. If mother won't leave... Then i'll have to chase her off. I stalk forward steadily moving faster and faster until I leap for both mother and babe. I hope to scare the mother off but I don't. She screams for someone named Farah to run. The babe looks startled and takes off running. No problem. I give chase. Only the mother stops me and with her body demands my attention first. Fine mother dearest. You want to tangle? You can be the meal instead.

We fight. Blood goes everywhere. I am honestly not sure who lost more blood, the mother or myself. But in the end, I am giving up. I turn with the tuck of a tail and run off. I will heal, she might too. But for today I will go hungry...

Messages In This Thread
Going on a Field Trip - by Amani - 10-15-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by NPC - 10-15-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Hector - 10-17-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-20-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Hector - 10-27-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Ranjiri - 11-10-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 11-30-2016, 04:47 PM