the Rift

[PRIVATE] Going on a Field Trip

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The child's screams immediately made my ears fall back and I turned my head sharply to look at the stallion that had been trying so desperately to coddle the girl. The fleeting thought that he was acting to try and take her passed my mind and I turned to face him fully. He seemed hell bent on keeping her right where she was, claiming over and over again that he was her daddy. "Just let her go." I sighed softly. "You can't force a child that doesn't know you to let you touch and hold them." It was actually almost creepy, but that was a thought I was going to keep to myself.

I was surprised when the child ran to me and pressed her tiny body against mine. "Oh, sweetheart." I murmured as I lowered my head to nuzzle the fuzzy forelock between her ears. "Are you hurt?" There were splashes of blood on her coat and it was hard to tell if it was all Amani's or if it were her own. 

Once I was sure that the child was unharmed I lifted my head and looked back to the stallion as he answered my queston about fire. His response made me frown because I didn't agree with him. "You'd rather this be the last she sees of her mother?" I asked, gesturing with my wing toward Amani's broken, battered body. "Amani deserves a proper warrior's burial." I insisted. "She fought against a God!" I remembered her, fighting right alongside me in the battle against the Rift Gods, and I remembered her supporting my wing when I couldn't move it. "She deserves a proper burial with her family present and her daughter deserves to know how strong and beautiful her mother was."

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Hector @Farah

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Going on a Field Trip - by Amani - 10-15-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by NPC - 10-15-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Hector - 10-17-2016, 06:05 PM