the Rift

she lost her voice down by the river

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

"HA! I knew you could talk!" Erthë grinned at the painted mare, obviously content to have had her suspicions confirmed. It had been she who sang, because the voice which issued from these toffee lips was the same. "You don't need to be an expert to teach someone who doesn't know at all, do you? I heard you - there's no way you couldn't improve me if you wanted to."

The idea of learning to sing was already lodging itself into the filly's mind, if the glittering enthusiasm in her eyes was anything to go by. Eager to begin mastering this new skill right away she leaned forward towards the nameless mare, but was thwarted in her intention to ask more questions when something in the surrounding woods visibly startled the other. Following the direction of pricked ears and attentive stares, Erthë too spotted the antlered stallion as he approached. Unlike the star-singer however, the angelic young mare merely smiled and waved a wing in greeting, inviting the man to join them.

"Hi Tilney! Yes, as usual. It's rarer to see you this far from home..." An ear dipped back at the tone he used, and her return held a note of challenge. Did he actually mean to baby her now, after all the time she had been spending outside the Edge, on her own? Who did he think he was, her father? Her brother? Matter of fact was, he was neither and although she rather liked him Erthë did not have the patience for coddling.

"Don't worry about him, he's a herd mate of mine" she continued, turning back to the horned lady with a reassuring look. "He's a doctor, so if you're hurt at all it's best to tell him... Though that's all he needs to know, so never mind if he tries to meddle into your private business."

Proffering Tilney a barbed smile she refrained from commenting on his chivalrous gesture of giving the mare his cloak - she thought it looked cheesy, all sticky and overly sweet like warm honey - and didn't reply at once when the stocky miss commented on her invitation. Let the doctor do it, he was being chummy and stealing her thunder already so why not continue... After a few moments of silence however, she couldn't contain herself any longer.

"I guess so... Not that it's very cold here, do you really think so? But there's a lot of trees, like I said, so the ocean winds don't get too harsh. You're welcome to come and have a look, and choose whether to stay or not later."

Glancing again at the antlered stallion to see if he - being superior in rank and all - would object or wanted to take over from here. If not, she would be happy to guide the mare along the winding road towards their homeland; it was always fun to see people's reaction to her Lady's forest.

And if nothing else, they could always practice singing along the way. Now wouldn't that be time well spent.

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

@Tilney

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
she lost her voice down by the river - by Noe - 10-15-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: she lost her voice down by the river - by Noe - 10-16-2016, 06:44 PM
RE: she lost her voice down by the river - by Noe - 10-18-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: she lost her voice down by the river - by Erthë - 10-21-2016, 11:44 AM