the Rift

[PRIVATE] shadow stealing light

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
I feel lucky, with the worst luck.
For a few moments, she felt her gaze travel across the caramel stag. A soft sigh slipping past scarred lips as she tore her glassy orbs away from him as he answered her – informing her that Maude was exactly how she left her. And suddenly she began to feel a bit better, relief gently falling away from her stone-like composure, yet she dared not to look at Tilney. She informed him of her choice in sleeping and working patterns, unsure if he would continue and add in, probably more than willing to leave her to her duties alone once again.

But his voice changed. His questions grew more intense. He asked her why she hid, why she whispered instead of laughed, why she tiptoed instead of walked. Her ears drooped at the question, unsure of exactly how to answer him. Perhaps if it were another life, she’d be more than willing to be outgoing, unafraid of showing her face to others, unafraid of showing or giving love (not that she truly knew or understood the meaning of it). But this was the life she was gifted, and so she did what she thought to be best – to hide herself away and to work until she died.

Tilney moved from his spot, standing in front of her as his head dipped to look upon her scarred eyes. Their glassy composure focused on the beautiful sharp emeralds of Tilney’s for a few seconds before looking away – not like he’d truly notice to be honest – and a frown overcame her scarred lips. She retreated her scarred head into her pale marred chest, horns pointing toward his own crown as she looked upon the ground. “I’ve lived long enough to know that I scare people.” She admitted, a hushed whisper against the gentle roar of the wind along the sunset treetops. “I never used to look like this, Tilney. What happened to me, it changed me. I’m not the same, and I never will be. This is how I deal with it.” She answered flatly, her head moving away from his – scarred lids closing over milky eyes. “I don’t think anything can take me back to the way things used to be.” She sighed once more, grey tail flicking across blood stained hocks.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tilney <3

Messages In This Thread
shadow stealing light - by Glasgow - 10-16-2016, 03:16 PM
RE: shadow stealing light - by Tilney - 10-17-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: shadow stealing light - by Glasgow - 10-17-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: shadow stealing light - by Tilney - 10-18-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: shadow stealing light - by Glasgow - 10-18-2016, 10:17 PM