the Rift

[OPEN] Lab rats

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Like a lioness stalking its prey the flaxen psysician prolwed among the thistle and sod, nose pointed downwards at the ready as he deeply inhaled and exhaled.
What was Tilney doing you might ask?
Looking for mimic mice of course.
Such strange creatures; manipulating sound was a rare, rare gift. How many voices could one have? Tilney intended to capture a mouse ot inspect its vocal chords for healing properties. As grizzly as it sounded, Tilney was not fond of the idea either. It was something that he felt had to be done however - improvement in his field would always be needed. Without health, a helovian had nothing.
Tilney was sure whatever gave those mice their wonderful sound was something special.

Following his nose however was really not working. He ought to try another meathod.
Bait perhaps? What on earth did the mice eat? There was nought but grass for miles up here.
Sighing defeatedly the flaxen stag looked skywards, then homebound. He would need a helping hand with catching these mice, if only he had brought the Nurses with him.

Instead he wandered towards a near by Kardia bush with vibrant yellow berries - He'd take some home to treat Maude and to store away for Frostfall. Picking the heart shaped berries one by one was a tedious task, but it was made easier when all he had to do was toss them onto his cloak which he had cast onto the ground. All he would have to do it scoop up each corner and tie it to his lions mane collar he wore proudly, and Maude owuld have her Yellow Kardia berries in no time.

@Anzanie & open to anyone
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
anzanie

I need your touch don't need your love...
Within her own little mind the splashed princess felt little emotion, she had tried to push past everything including her beloved King. If she was unable to tell him of her desires then she would tell nobody, and be with nobody.

Keeping far from the Edge's borders, the Glazier lay siege to the Heavenly Fields, cravin its soft grass and mixture of harsh textures and plentiful bounty. But as she found her way through the foliage that was now dying quickly as the year did too, she could hear the silence being broken by another in the same area. Helovia was full of life, and there was always the certainty that you were never truly alone, which Anzanie felt was a rather beautiful thing (when she did not specifically want to be the lone creature). The multi-coloured fae cocked her cranium towards the sound, peering over to see a figure of a brute that she come across before - the Moon Doctor, Tilney. He appeared so handsome and graceful, but his skull's expression was fixated. What was he looking for? And then she spotted Tilney moving towards a bush full of berries, something of which she was unfamiliar of but being the Edge's healer one would assume it was for good. With small steps she paced up in greeting, taking in his incredibly handsome bodice,
"Good day to you Tilney, are you keeping well?" Her beautiful skull spread with a warm smile to her fellow Edger, and she continued to make conversation, "What are you looking for, may I ask?"

With a small, crude thought she spoke silently to herself, now that is a creature I would like to be one with...

" . "

image | coding

@Tilney - she's being real cheeky soz for Anz being a walking hormone
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

It didnt take long for Tilneys ears to seek the patters of footfals. Wrenching his head from the berry bush and looking closely at the approaching female, a strange thought crossed his mind.
He hadn't seen this mare in a while.

It was Anzanie, a Glazier. One of Glasgows friends no doubt.
A sick, vile feeling filled his chest, his throat - had Glasgow told Anzanie about their union? Had Anzanie come to confont him?
Of course it was right he should face the music for what he did; he was in love with Arah, not Glasgow. It was a night that shouldn't of happened, a mistake that should not of been made.
He really did not quite know how to answer the glazier if truly she had come here to confront him on behalf of her friend.
Did Glasgow think badly of him now?
So many questions.

Instead Tilney just replied to her, as any gentleman ought to. He would he straight and calm with the crafter; it was all he could do.
"I am well thankyou Anzanie, and you?"
She then quizzed him on what it was he was doing, and so he failed to oblige her. Instead he just avoided the topic, smiled, and spoke again. "I came up here herb gathering, but im done now so I'm just taking some berries home for Maude"

@Anzanie loooooool shes a walking bloop of estrogen
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
Danjah
anzanie
Quote goes here woot woot
and the fun continues what
The silence was thick and long as Anzanie stood there waiting to be answered. In the time, her orbs graced over Tilney's skull, scanning him for any sign that he would reciprocate her words, but instead all she got was a blank stare of kinds, where he was deep in thought. Was the splashed wanted here? She continued to make pitiful breathing notions, feeling a tension that she could not quite understand.

She did not know this brute, only of his name and his rank within her herd, and that was it. He was incredibly handsome and whilst she was emotionally detached, the beautiful fae felt an ache within her for such beauty. Yet he was an unknown, a mystery. And right now Anzanie felt as if Tilney's silence was creating a void.

And then the Moon Doctor calmly replied, after that gap. She smiled in an almost relieved fashion as he asked how she was. With her high pitched voice she spoke to him,
"I am... good, I'm glad to hear you are well, " the hesitation within her before she said good cast a doubt on the attempt at her appearing happy, it was vague but in another attempt to keep up the facade she continued to smile sweetly and let the glint of her pools show. Tilney spoke once more, evidently avoiding the reason why he was actually here, but Anzanie was not in a mood to press a creature that did not want to give the truth, but the dame did cock her cranium to the name of Maude, one not familiar to her, "Berries for healing purposes I presume. May I ask who Maude is?" Her curiosity got the better of her and she admitted it out loud - who was Maude?

" . "

image | coding

@Tilney Right now I think she'd jump any man if he moved haha xD

Still, the man stood cautious. He watched the mares skin twitch under every insect, hwo the muscles in her face moved - he would search her for any sign that she had in fact come to confront him. The more he watcher her though the more at ease he felt. Perhap she really was just passing by, but what would a Glazier want up here in the Heavenly Fields?

It wasn't Tilneys first time in this place, though he could only recall being here once before. It was here he had ventured to seek out the Helovian dieties when he had first begun his new life here in the land - stores were told of how they lingered here, and their presence could be felt among the meadow grass and bare trees.
Today though it felt still; he could not feel mother moons presence, nor that of father sun.

The crafter answred his query into her wellness and tere was a slight hesitation which for the doctor caused slight concern. Cocking his crown, Tilney smiled towards Anzanie and have the slightest snort through his ashen nostrils "You don't sound convinced".
Not long after that she asked who Maude was, and that of course caused his smile to grow even wider. Who was Maude? She was everything.
"My Daughter" He uttered proudly, green eyes lowering back to the berry bush. "They do heal these berries yes, though they're also very tasty. I'm bringing some home to her as a treat"

@Anzanie lmao i love her

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
Danjah
anzanie

I need your touch don't need your love...
Throughout the short time they spent in these fields, Anzanie still felt the pressing of Tilney's hard stare, scanning her for something. But she wasn't in on it, and she was clueless as to what was keeping him so cautious of her. She was a naive little female, much of what she assumed he had seen before. It made her feel uneasy and she watched out of the corners of her pools for a reaction from her fellow Edger.

And then she finally caught the break she was looking for in his reply, but it didn't sound like she had lived up to her own expectations of keeping her current inner demons a mystery to the outside world.

"You don't sound convinced."

With a sigh she simply replied,
"If I was honest I would say I'm not convinced... I just... ohh nevermind," fellow herds member or not, Tilney was a stranger to her, they weren't friends. The holden brute did not need to listen, even though he was the healer. But who can heal a broken heart with herbs?

But the conversation had turned back to that of Maude, and she finally got her answer - his daughter. With a pang of guilt Anzanie's heart left her and went looking for her own daughter, Viserra. She hadn't seen her in so long that the splashed princess was even beginning to wonder whether she was a figment of her imagination. But no, she couldn't have been, going by the pain of birthing her. Anzanie's emotions were flooding back, yet in an effort to regain her current state of emptiness she pushed them back to concentrate on the other daughter in the conversation, "I didn't know you had a daughter, that's lovely, congratulations! I would love to meet her, I bet she's a right little charmer," if you're anything to go by...

The berries were a nice distraction from the two topics that were causing her more heartache than respite, and for that she sighed gratefully as she could invite herself into speech that didn't tug at her heart strings, "they sound fascinating, I must admit that I have never tried these berries, never been too adventurous. For taste in my homeland we had fruits of all kinds that we used to pick, the sweetness matched the tang and they were like tasting home." Anzanie licked her velveteens, thinking back to the round golden fruits she spoke of, hard on the outside but once you got in they were like a drop of heaven, something she longed to taste once more.

" . "

image | coding

@Tilney <33

The man smiled brightly when Anzanie mentioend she didn't know he had a daughter, he even laughed a little. "She's wonderful" he chuckled. Of course he couldn't think about Maude without thinking about her mother.
I wish you were here.

Anzanie spoke of berries form her homeland which of course piqued Tilneys interest - he  adored stories of lore, fables from other realms unlike the one in which they currently lived. And what better than on his favorite subject, Herbology?
The gentleman smiled as he listened to the glazier tel lhim of her home; it almost made him slightly homesick, though the Edge washis true home now.
It was then that he thought of a crafting query for the mare he had planned to ask Glasgow... however since their more-than-friendly encounter Tilney was not so inclined to see her just yet.

"Anzanie, might you craft something for me quickly?" Tilney murmured. "I would like a pendant to give to a friend of mine in the shape of  lantern, just like mine. A tiny version, obviously."
Plucking one of the berries, he took one of the large flame-coloured pips in his mouth and begun to clean the fruit off it with his teeth. "-And if you could put this inside, that would be even better"
He stuck his tongue out, holding the bright orange pip. Once inside the pendant it would make for a wonderful flame.

@Anzanie yum
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
Danjah
anzanie
I need your touch don't need love...
Tilney's evident pride for his daughter warmed the cockles of Anzanie's heart, the expression from a male for the love of their child so sweet. There was nothing more powerful, and the splashed smiled sweetly at him, speaking quietly,
"I'm sure she is a beautiful little creature!"

As she spoke to the Moon Doctor of the fruits from her native homeland, there seemed to be a mutual interest in them. This was perhaps to be assumed, considering this was coming from the creature of the Edge that thrived in the treatments and their consequences in the healing process, but nothing more was said of the subject, and so Anzanie kept the image of her beloved fruits deep wihin her memory, to keep them safe for as long as she could. If only she had seeds to plant them in the warmest areas of Helovia, for all of this world to taste heaven...

The topic quickly turned to something that unnaturally caught the splashed off guard - crafting. It had been too long since she had crafted anything, even as Glazier she felt a slight alarm inside her welling up as she realised that she was perhaps not as inclined to successfully do it as she hoped. But the fae listened to the golden brute as he spoke of the reasons why he wanted to create the item, the little lantern, a miniature version of the one adorning his antlers. Anzanie silently wondered who this little trinket was for, but she felt obliged to agree to create it for Tilney. After all, if herd members didn't watch out for each other, who would?
She watched intently as he cleaned off the fruity flesh of a pip of one of the berries, before he asked that she contain it inside the glass lantern, "I would be honoured to, Tilney. It's just a good job that I always keep glass with me!" she chuckled slightly, before shaking her insanely long mane tassles, letting a small shard of the Edge's most precious glass fly out and land on the soft grass. It glinted as the light bounced off it, and within her mind she tried to remember just how to craft once more. With a small glimmer of hope she was able to image the tiny pendant, elegant in its decoration, with the pip inside. But before she could actually craft it she realised that the pip needed to be beside the glass for it to be to encased, and Tilney had been stood there for quite a while with his tongue sticking out, the pip placed on top. Anzanie delicately took it from it and placed it next to the glass, before closing her pools once more and re-imagining the design. With the warmth firing up inside her, and the light flickering over her closed lids, she felt the power of her crafting magic taking shape.

As quickly as she had gone about to craft it, it had been completed. And before the pair of Edgers there lay a tiny lantern pendant, with a tiny orange pip inside. It resembled a little flame, to which Anzanie smiled and gazed at the handsome stag, her tones soft,"Very clever idea for the pip, Tilney, I love it!" She spoke once more for confirmation that she what she had made was satisfactory, "Does this suffice?"

" . "

image | coding

@Tilney