the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
"Kvasir..."

My name pulled me out of my thoughts. It was odd to hear it rolling off of her tongue, and my tear stained face turned to look at her. Recognition flitted through my eyes, at her dark body and golden accents. My eyes where drawn to her belly, wondering about the child within, and my heart hurt. It hurt because that child would never get to know their father. The father we shared. Maybe, maybe dad hadn't loved mom, but I knew he loved me. Gently my wing lifted so I could peer at the bronze charm that he gave me. It was the only thing I had of him.

I looked to Ranjiri again, my mouth open, wanting to ask why. Why was it that he had to be the one to die?

But her words stop me. I stare at her, and my ears catch her story. She knew what I was going through? She knew the pain? I turn around to face her, as she continues... She becomes silent, but I am hanging onto her every word, waiting to grasp onto what she says next. But she studies me, and then she asks me a question.

"Do you have someone you can talk to?"

My ears fall back, my head lowers, and my eyes become downcast. I shake my head, because I had no one. I had yet to see my grandfather, Mauja, and mother wasn't back yet, and I didn't have my dad, and Vidar... I hadn't had him since the womb. "No... They are all gone. I don't have anyone anymore." My face turns up again to look at her. "You promise it gets better?" I whisper. Tears still roll down my beautifully crafted cheeks, and steam still rises from my coat. I was the perfection that was fire and ice. I was that perfect combination between my parents. But now one was dead, and the other couldn't be bothered.

Slowly I am compelled forward, and I reach for embrace. Some form of comfort from the beautiful hybrid in front of me. Some would say I needed it. I only hoped she would provide something that I hadn't ever really had before.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: @Ranjiri
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Messages In This Thread