the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
I knew the expression on Kvasir's face all too well because I'd worn it so many times myself. First when Hototo had died, again when my father had died, and then most recently with Rhoa and Gaucho. I didn't know what to think when he admitted that he didn't have anyone. I wanted to ask where his mother was, but I remember when I'd seen her in the Threshold. I only knew who she was because Rhoa had told me her name, but she hadn't looked good. She'd looked tired and haggard and I'd wondered what had happened to her, but didn't have the nerve to ask.

"You promise it gets better?"

He was crying and my heart ached for him, but I couldn't promise him that it would get better. "It gets easier." I repeated softly. "But it takes time and perseverence." My head dipped down and I brushed my muzzle against his cheek in an effort to wipe away his tears. "But I won't lie to you." I murmured. "It's really hard at first. You feel like nothing is right and it won't ever be right again. And you wonder why it had to happen to someone that you cared about. Why not someone else?" I said, remembering easily how I had felt each time I'd lost someone I loved. "Sometimes you think about them and you feel like you can't breathe and it hurts.... but it's part of grieving and you have to let yourself grieve...."

My voice trailed as the boy moved forward and when I realized that he was looking for comfort in the form of physical contact I spread my wings to welcome him. When he got closer I wrapped them around him and tucked my neck over his. Gaucho had held me in a similar manner when my father had died and Cera, when he told me about Gaucho. "The pain dulls with time and life gets easier." I assured him. "Do you have anywhere you can stay? You can come to the Hidden Falls with me if you like."

"."

image credits

@Kvasir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-21-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 11-02-2016, 11:40 PM