the Rift

Final Stand

MakeMeABird Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I am new here. I have yet to have my character photo up. Please bare with the plain post untill then. Just to fill in, Lampoon means shinning lamp.

Lampoon was a late foal. Still needing the warmth, protection, and sweet milk of her mother. Her mother loved her so. She always called her, her shinning lamp in the darkest night and so her name came to be Lampoon. It was just Lampoon and her mother. Her mother always grazing. Letting Lampoon to play on her own. She find mice hinding in holes or butterflies flouting across the sky. Everything was peaceful in their world.

It was late one night. The hot summer sun heated land. Lampoon fast alseep as storm clouds round across the sky. Her mother unawear of the troubling storm. Lighting started to crack all around them. Lampoon awoke so scared. Blinded by her fear she ran. The rain begain to fall. It fall with a blistering sting. Lampoon stumbled and fall hard.

Songs of birds awoke her the next morning. She steady her self to a stand. Sore, cold, and hungry. "Mamma! Were are you? Mamma I'm hungry. Mamma!" She wait to hear her. Ever so still for any sound. "Mamma! Were are you. I'm here Mamma!" She begin to look around. She soon realize this was not home.

Weeks have past. Still calling for her mother. Her hooves so bruised she no long could stand. She laid down. Try as she might, she just couldn't stand back up. Her body was wasting away. With a weaking voice, she called one last time before her eyes closed.

Montague Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A big liver flaxen chestnut unicorn could be seen wondering through the trees. It was getting dark, so the headlight on his helmet was shining bright. He was looking for more food and water, since the traveling to the North has damaged his body greatly, and he was still recovering. He suddenly hear a muddled voice, and looked around.
“Momma? Where are you!”
He heard the cry not too far away from him, and he began to search for the little voice. It sounded like a filly, sweet and low. He wondered if it was another pegasus, like Nefertari. The snow was starting to harden around him, and as he looked around, he was only a few inches away from stepping on a foal. He looked now, and saw that it was indeed a filly. She was very small, and she was skinny. She looks like she’s starving to death. He turned off his light with a tap of his horn, and slowly bent down when his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He gently nudged the little filly, trying to see if she was still alive.
“Wake up little one. Are you hungry?”

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Unregistered
Lampoon softly opens her eyes. Her sight is blared but she can make out a darken mast standing over her. Frighten by the site. She tries to raise calling for her mother. Her heart felt as if it was to pound right out of her chest. Her eyes widen, her noise flared as she desperately try stand. The ground benighted her was soft and wet. Her tiny legs kept sliding out.

Her eyes cleared. She realize it was another like her. To weak to stand she gave her weight to the ground. A calm feeling fall apond the filly. Relaxed to see another. Looking with her now soften eyes, "You look like me. I've never seen anyone else but my mother. Have you seen my mother?" Her soft eyes now filled with saddness. "I lost her. I'm so scared. I want my mamma. Have you seen?" Her child like mind never crossed the though she my never see her or if he was here for the good or evil.

Over the herizon dark clouds begain to build. A cold bitter wind blow across the land. Sending a bitting shiver up the tiny filly's back. The air felt right for an early snow fall.

Unregistered

The tall stag watched as the little filly struggled to stand. She called for her mother. He had not seen another unicorn, especially a mare, during the night. She looked scared, and he knew he would be too if he was her age. The wind blew and she shivered. He was used to the cold, but this was no weather for a little one. He gently nudged her with his muzzle, and put his face closer to hers.
“I’m sorry little one, I haven’t seen your mother. If I did I would tell her where you are. Come with me, little one. This is weather is not one for your size. Are you hungry? What is your name?” He hoped he wasn’t overwhelming her, but these were things he needed to know. He was sad to find an abandoned foal here, and he didn’t want her to die, not on his watch.

(Hey is it ok if he picks her up and carries her to get food?)

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Unregistered
Lampoon still shivering, looked up at stallion with delighted that he had food. She didn't understand that he was not a mare. As she has only know food form her mother's warm teats. "My name Lampoon. I am very hungry." She try to stand with such eagerness of getting food.

Front feet laid out before her and back leg she worked under her belly. She push with all she had to get her hind up. Wobbling she try to get her front up but lost her hold of her back. Her hind end crashed hard to the ground with a heavy thump.

Crying now, not form the hard fall but frustration. With a madden voice, "I can't do it. I'm so hungry and I can't do it. I really tried. I really did." She looked at the stallion. Tears swelled in her eyes and flowed freely down her face.

(Yes you can pick her up.)

Unregistered

He looked at the filly as tears fell down her face. He was deeply saddened by her, and he knew she needed food in order live, and soon.
“It’s alright Lampoon, I will help you get some food. There is a nice pool of water and some grass not far from here. Hold on just a bit longer.” He lowered him and pushed his head under her body and used his neck and foreleg muscles to push her onto his back. He turned his light back on, hoping that he could find food for her in time. He was really worried by the way she looked, and it seemed that she had very little heat radiating from her tiny body. He didn’t want her to die, not like Lenona. It wasn’t your fault he told himself. He didn’t truly believe it, even if that’s what everyone told him. At least I have the chance to save this one. He moved as quickly as he large body could without moving Lampoon too much. He went back to the place where he had met Leander and Nefertari. He slowly lowered the filly by the pool. He moved her head so that she didn’t have to get up to drink, but simply had to move her neck.
“Please drink Lampoon. I’m going to get you some grass, so I will be right back.”

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Unregistered
Lampoon watch as he walk away. She ready hope he will return. Placing her head back to the cool water. She sunk her noise all the way in. Downing water as fast as she could. It hit her gut like a hard rock. "Ooo. That was good. I wish mamma was here to try some.", she said out loud.

She sat quitly for a few moments. Looking at the still water. How the fish would swim in and out of view. Her mind began to wounder.
Momma would really like my new friend. I wounder find she find her too. I don't even know her name. I sure wish she let me sickle just alittle. She has a different feel to her then mamma too. Her voice isn't soft like mamma either. There's something different. I just don't know. I do hope she comes back anyway. I don't want to be alone any more.

Lampoon confused as she has only know her mother and not that of a stallion. She calls for her friend to return. Ears up and eyes widen for anything in hopes that it is her friend.

Unregistered

His orbs scanned the area for some good grass, and he found some beneath a tree. He bent over and tore some from the ground, then tore some more. He made a big pile and picked it up with his large mouth. Just as he was done he heard Lampoon call for him, and he picked up the grass quickly and wondered over to her. He set the grass down beside her, and he nuzzled her head.
“Are you alright little one? Did you drink from the pond?” He had hoped that he had set her close enough, and that she still had the instinct of survival in her. Otherwise, all hope was lost. He nudged the grass toward her with his maw. “Here child, please eat. You will feel much better after you have eaten. Then I will take you to a safer place.”

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns