the Rift

[OPEN] Tree, Rain & Ice

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilneigh_by_neverrmind-daljdjq.png]
Humming was a wonderful way to keep the mind busy while walking.
During the journey Tilney would meander ahead and then wait for the girl of rain and the other of ice to catch up and then walk among them for a while. Telling Noe about her new homeland was another way to make the walk seem quicker, especially for both the unicorns who weren't blessed with wings like Erthë.

Tilneys steps soon carried him once again ahead, Peatree perched eagerly on his crown and cooing for home. The small bat screeched when the first chink sounded from his flaxen friends hoof - a chink of glass, the first sign of home.

Turning his nose to Noe, Tilney gave a jovial cheer "We're almost there!".

Ruins were visible among the firs and pine now, their waxy remains sparkling through the dull earthy tones of the surroundings. With a flap of his boney wings Pea glided over to the painted newcomer and gave his own cheer before taking his flight upwards and ahead, right over the ruins and between the trees.
"He is very eager to catch some seagulls" Tilney smirked, explaining his bondeds antics to his companions and shaking his cranium, giving a snort through his ashen nostrils. Peas favourite thing was to dart amongst the gulls and attempt to catch one, though he never succeeded as he was just much too slow.

Gingerly stepping over the wall and proceeding through the pine, Tilney wondered if Noe might like to chose a job to help out the herd. "Noe," The flaxen physician began
"What kind of work might interest you, if any?"

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Noe Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3
charks

I heard a whispered dream of you

in the prayer of the stars and the hymn of the rain

Through the night the rain girl walks, Erthë by her side while Tilney dances ahead, his lantern a guiding light in the darkness. She listens to the chatter and offers brief response, but she is desperately tired and for the most part content to follow, the cloak across her shoulders a warm shelter from this strange land. Sometimes in moments of silence she hums, her voice soft and clear in the night, a wordless rendition of one in a myirad of prayers taught to the girl. Though she longs for the rain the paint wills it away; this is not the land of her gods, and she dare not use their gifts in the presence of infidels- kind as they may be.

At last Tilney calls back to the girls, proclaiming their proximity to this mysterious Edge of the World, and Noe sighs with quiet relief. Her warm eyes peer through the rising trees, taking in fir and fire, but most of all, mist, silver and sparkling in the various light. The girl's heart flutters at this welcoming sight; relief floods through her, and she nearly gasps. The Gods must be smiling on her, sending her heralds of such a lovely place, and the Lady Moon who patronizes it benevolent indeed. Noe makes a point to offer orison to this mysterious matron, perhaps compose her a brief hymn; though her own Gods remain paramount, there is no reason to disrespect the deities of this land.

The bat who has ridden on Tilney's crown suddenly rises into the sky. Noe gasps at Peatree's antics, ducking her head in sudden surprise as the mammal approaches her, though her honey eyes remain fixed on his fluttering, dancing form. Her ears perk up as Tilney explains -"Seagulls?" she questions, but they are already moving on, striding through a crumbling wall, and the stallion is asking Noe what work she wishes to take on. The rain girl bites her lips, uncertain, conflict rising within her breast.

"Well," she begins, her voice a tremulous aria of piccolo and clarinet, "I am... was training to be a Voice of my Gods, the Sky and Stars." For a moment more might be said, and the girl nearly lets her voice, her tale fall like rain. But the moment passes and silence falls back, dark and occluding; she does not say more, because there is too much and too little to say, a story too long and cliche to tell this night. Noe's gaze drifts away from the stallion's bright eyes; she grows smaller, somehow, quiet, a constructed figure of smiles and stone, impenetrable and unknowable, cold and distant as the twinkling stars.

@Tilney

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The journey back to the Edge was overall a pleasant one. Though the physicians protective attitude annoyed her somewhat he was pleasant enough company on the road, and Erthë enjoyed this chance to spend some private time with a fellow herdmate. Strangely enough she had a tendency to become more familiar with horses from outside the herd, and it had come to a point where faces and names was all that came to mind when she thought of her big, sprawling 'family'. Though she loved them all regardless, though she would place herself between them and a raging god as many times as it took to keep them safe (the memory of that disaster still made her shudder from fear) it was nice to get to know them better.

Alternating between keeping Noe company on the trail and flying above her on far-reaching wings, she had a good time listening whenever the mare sang. She had a pleasant voice that somehow made Erthë relaxed and enthusiastic at the same time, and the melodies she hummed were at once foreign and somehow familiar. They made her remember times spent with her mother, in the quiet moments spent huddled together in shelter from the rain; sometimes she imagined she could almost feel the scents from back then. Like echoes of forgotten dreams they stayed with her while she slept, and though her spirits remained bright enough it was a somewhat subdued Erthë that crossed over the last remnants of the old wall alongside Noe.

"Is that something like a priest? We call it a Seer here, someone who communicated with the Goddess... I'm an apprentice of the current one, Alune." There was no mistaking the pride that resided in her quiet comment. Erthë drew herself up as if stretching up might make her taller somehow, and there was a new spring to her stuttering, awkward gait - though that might be because she no longer had to look where she stepped, being so familiar with the layout of the forest floor.

"You can become an apprentice too, if you like, or you could try doing something completely different. We have soldiers and healers like Tilney, crafters and more sneaky people that gather intelligence and keep track on what the other herds and outcasts are up to."

Aching and undeniably tired after the long trek, the crowned young seraph stretched out her wings until something popped in the joins, and with a content sigh she let them drag over the mossy ground for several steps before tucking them up to the sides again.

"No need to decide right.. away....... though... " She interrupted herself with a yawn and shook the head, blinking away the sleepiness  - she'd be able to rest soon enough, but not until this mare was comfortable.

"Just make yourself at home. If you got questions I can probably answer most, or you could talk to Tembovu or Alysanne... they're our leaders."

Glancing between the newcomer and Tilney she shrugged, leaving it to the patchwork mare to decide what she wanted for herself. Maybe the doctor had something else to add too, that Erthë had forgotten?

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

@Tilney

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilneigh_by_neverrmind-daljdjq.png]
"Yes! Seagulls. They are birds that hang around the cliffs and steal food! you have to be careful around them, Cheeky sods." Tilney warned the painted mare as they walked among the pine of his home. Tilney nodded along with Erthe when she mentioned Alune and the seeing ranks; that sounded like an appropriate job for Noe?

"Here the crafters craft with Glass"
The man begun "They are very skilled, you'd be lucky to learn from them."
What good could Tilney say about the stealth ranks though? not much. He didn't like Readen, she had tried to kill him not too long ago and Iona was perpetually in a mood it seemed. He would never recommend joining the sleuths, but if she really wanted to he couldn't see why not.

"I am a moon Doctor" Tilney told Noe "I see to the herds wellbeing and ensure their health; if you ever need medical attention you can find me at the greenhouse and gardens to the northeast of here, or after hours at my home which is north east of here - its very easy to spot, i leave my lantern out the front" He gestured to the light on his antlers

"Also if you're ever interested in pursuing a career in the healing arts do come find me!"

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎