the Rift

[OPEN] Breath on the glass [Healer]

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
oh, sweet thing! zion doesn't love you!
and babylon don't love you!
Ultima smiled, holding her voice low, soft and warm as the down on her wings. “Yes, the one and only,” she said, keeping her magic active for a few moments more, just to be safe. She was wrung from the flight and the anxiety, but this girl – she could not even imagine the fatigue bearing on that slight frame. “I’m surprised you flew so far on your own, you plucky thing. It’ll make a grand story.”

Inspecting the girl’s face, and then her flank and the thin covering of ice, Ultima rifled through her herbology. She couldn’t call herself any sort of expert; her apprenticeship in the Edge had been largely over plants and their healing properties, partly due to her teacher’s overprotectiveness and partly because they simply had so many doctors to begin with; she was either kept away from the uglier cases or had no opportunity to observe. Practical experience – or experience of any kind – couldn’t be found here, and that was she had left. The Edge was more than covered. The Falls were not. If Tilney had had it his way, she’d have been cooped up in the Edge like Maude. 

Unfortunately for him, Ultima had never been an especially obliging child. 

Not bothering to look Tilney’s way as he spoke, she focused on keeping the girl conscious. Antibiotics, relaxants, and painkillers were good medicine; so was information, both for a medic and their charge. “You did a good job sealing the wound with this ice – it was you, wasn’t it? – not much blood lost. If you’re dizzy, or tired, I’d wager it was the trip home. I’m a bit winded, myself. Any pain at all?” Snapdragon crawled onto their patient’s shoulder as his companion stood, sweeping her primaries gently across the filly’s side. “I’m off to get you some lavender for the shock, but if it still smarts, I can bring birch leaves, too.”

“Erthë, isn’t it?” She smiled again. Snapdragon purred, echoing the sentiment. “You’ve done well.”

musonart!

@erthe
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Messages In This Thread
Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Erthë - 10-18-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Tilney - 10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Ultima - 10-18-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Erthë - 10-21-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Tilney - 10-23-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Ultima - 10-25-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Erthë - 10-25-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Breath on the glass [Healer] - by Tilney - 10-29-2016, 09:13 PM