the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fixer Upper

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Night fell swiftly with the onslaught of Orangemoon, shortening the warm days and leaving behind cool air that stirred the changing leaves. It was far from a silent night, the sound of animals rustling around the grove did not fade away with the sunlight. Softly an owl hooted in the distance and smaller creatures scurried in the bushes, rustling the drying leaves.

The sound of hooves upon the earth, crunching those same leaves, was hardly a strange sound with the multitude of horses that called Helovia home, and few of the wild creatures paid any attention to the sound of a set that was approaching in a steady beat.  

This time, however, it wasn’t just some horse coming here, looking to get lucky beneath the stars and in the soft glow of the strange plants that lined this small lake.

Rarely did reindeer travel this far south but this was not just any reindeer. Beneath the full moon, the ice that coated its antlers glinted and shone, its black coat gleaming as it travelled beneath the the night sky and looking for all the world as if it was part of that sky. A little sliver that dripped down, splashing upon the earth and forming something reindeer-shaped.

Sure, no one had asked this particular drop of night sky had wanted to come down to earth. It wasn’t given the choice, it was just expected to show up and do “the job” and… then what? Would it go back home? Would it die? What happened to the strange creatures around Helovia that handed out magic and eggs and goodies like they were candy? Did anyone ever ask where they go?

He was asking, but no one was listening to him.

With a huff, the reindeer continued its morose march toward the shores of the lake where it would wait - the soft pink and oranges of a nearby lantern tree providing enough light to distinguish him from the reflection of the night sky on the lake’s surface. With his hooves just a few inches away from the gentle waves, he beckoned the wind to whisper the name of the one he sought.

Elsa.

The sooner she came, the sooner they would find out what happened next.

Image Credits

@Elsa

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The pull to leave the Edge was strong. Since meeting Darwin, since becoming less… bitter she found herself more at peace away from her herd land. So she let her mind wander, it chose its own path and led her where it wanted to go. She generally paid no mind to her trek until she found herself tired and stopped.

However, of all the places she would’ve thought to stumble across was the Secret Grove. Immediately a discomfort filled her gut as the importance of this place shrouded her like a dark cloud. This was a place of love, recreation, affection, they were the three things that Elsa lacked immensely. Edgar was also uncomfortable, suddenly aware of the stiffness in his bondeds gait as she moved around. It was almost painful for her to take each step.

But a small whisper on the wind drew them both in like a magnet. It came from some unknown source, and neither knew from where it originated, but it seemed that her subconscious knew where to go. Letting her mind take control over again, Elsa was a spectator as her mind and soul stumbled upon a reindeer. It was an animal that Elsa had not seen for quite a long time. Ever since she left her homeland the deer like creatures were replaced with their smaller, more fragile counterparts.

It was bathed in soft, almost calming light. Edgar, quite confused willed Elsa to stop for a moment to take a look at their situation. But for the Icebound, there was nothing to lose even if this was a malevolent force. They could hold their own, good or bad. For now, Elsa wanted to find out why she was drawn to such a creature in such a place.

”Hello.” She finally spoke, her voice soft and inquisitive.

"talk"
image credits

@Random Event
Do you want me to tag the account? Also much excite ^_^
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Helovian Ancient

She came but there wasn’t really a whole lot of doubt that she would. They always came. Helovians were far too trusting. What if he had called her here to drown her in the lake? To break that peaceful little bond that existed between her and Edgar? He could be here for any reason! Sure, those meddlesome gods might have a thing to say if he tried doing anything too cruel and he wasn’t really here for that anyway.

What was he here for? Well that depends on what you mean by here. Clearly he was here to talk to Elsa but as to why he was here in Helovia? Well that was all part of his little existential crisis. He was trying to riddle that out!

Hey, maybe Elsa would know.

He had to admit, if he had to perform errands he was glad he got this one. No squealing or shouting, just a soft and curious word. At her greeting, he turned away from the lake to glance at her from the corner of his eye. “Oh you’re here.”

Well, now, let's see if we can solve some riddles.

Shifting, he turned his entire body fully to face her, the stars in his coat twinkling as he did so. She certainly looked Icebound enough for the name to make sense. His voice was low and quiet when he continued speaking, not yet daring to interrupt the peace of their surroundings though he had a feeling that peace wouldn't last too long. “How is Elsa the Captain? Still defending the Edge bravely?”

Image Credits

@Elsa
nope no need to tag <3

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The simplicity of his response left Elsa with a bit of unease. How did he know her name and position? Quite an omniscient being this one. It was as if he was expecting her to be here, but she had seen stranger things. The starry coated creature was silent after that- leaving Elsa with a moment of silence to realize he was indeed asking her a question. Edgar sat quietly, still unsure of who or what this thing was. So far so good, but that didn’t mean the thing couldn’t turn into a giant horse eating monster at the flip of a switch.

“The Captain? She is fine, all things considered.” Elsa offered a small snort, almost reminiscent of a chuckle. Things could be much, much worse, so she decided she didn’t really have much to complain about. “And defending bravely? That my dear friend would depend on who you’re asking.” Which was the truth. Ask someone like Nyx and she’s sure to have a whole earful of criticism to her failure as a monarch, but ask someone else like Darwin and he’d (hopefully) have more positive views on her. “Though I think the real question here is who are you? You seem to know quite a lot about me for someone random. Something tells me you aren’t just visiting Helovia for the scenery. So why is it that you seek, or know, about me?” She raised a metaphorical brow as Edgar tilted his head in more violent scrutiny. He’d never seen this thing lurking around the boarders, so the bird was becoming increasingly more distressed the more that time passed. He wanted to know who this was and why they were here with his bonded.

Elsa did her best to allay the anxiety within her companion, but most of it was useless. She could draw his attention away for a moment, only for his eyes and brain to snap back and lock onto the celestial being. Feathers ruffled, he reigned in his anger as much as possible to ease Elsa’s constant fretting over himself. So the bird stood fluffed up and angry, plopping down like an angry toddler between the Icebound’s ears.

"talk"
image credits

Helovian Ancient

The reindeer eyed Edgar as he seemed to grow more agitated - incredibly amused with how the zephyr was handling this little reaction. His ears caught all of Elsa’s words, of course, but his eyes couldn’t quite be torn away from the little creature. Companions were such odd things.

Edgar looked fragile to the reindeer but the fluffed up bird was eyeing him as though he was the one that would break in an altercation. But, perhaps, they both had a point. He did start talking to her in the middle of a night with the ease of someone that knew her well. With a snort rolled his eyes and focused back on Elsa. “Oh tell your penguin to calm down, I’m not here to hurt you.” Right? Yeah that wasn’t the intention, he was pretty sure. “The gods sent me, Elsa, isn’t that obvious? As an emissary for them I am privileged to a small amount of information. It’s not like I know your deepest darkest secrets or anything.” To be a little bit petty, he shifted awkwardly and looked away for a brief moment - encouraging her to believe that last statement was a lie.

If he had to be uncomfortable with this conversation he intended to bring her down with him.

“And to be honest I don’t really know what happens with the information after you leave - whether it gets erased or whether I get erased...” His voice and gaze drifted off, forgetting for a moment his purpose here and he lapsed into a sullen and thoughtful silence.  

But after a few breaths, he was back. Snapping out of it. “But, alas, we’re not here to talk about me.” Too bad. And, to get back on subject, I’m not interested in asking anyone else’s opinion about your job, Elsa. I was asking you - I am interested in your perception.”

Image Credits

@Elsa

Elsa,

Elsa snorted at the penguin comment, whilst anger broiled within the bird. He puffed up, letting out an angry cry as he settled down in an angry rage atop Elsa’s head. She was the only thing keeping him from attacking this reindeer. Mythical creature or not, he was convinced he could take him down.

But quickly his anger dissipated as the conversation switched over to Gods. Elsa’s attention was now drawn completely to the creature in front of her. The Gods were weird, sure, but sending down messengers? Whatever it was, the air around them turned solemn, especially when he brought up the uncertainty of his future. It was a cruel thought, thinking he was only here for one purpose. A frown crossed Elsa’s face as her mind tried to work up a solution to his problem, but alas, she was thoughtless and speechless. Instead, she gave him a pitying look, trying to show him that if she could, she would’ve helped.

Just like that though, the spotlight was returned to herself, and she grimaced at the question again. He wanted her opinion on herself. Oh was that a loaded question. Elsa shied from the topic, taking a small step back as if that would save her from his question. Alas it wouldn’t. ”Yes.” She finally stated simply. Sure, what she had done, and had yet to do, was loved or hate by a myriad of others, she believed firmly in her actions. One particular action came to mind which involved a recently burned thicket and a man who knew every which way to break her. That family, that ethereal being still lingered in the back of her mind. It was a failure, she couldn’t protect the family of the Edge. ”Well, at least I’d like to think I do. Although I believe most of my actions recently have ended in failures.” She added, silently alluding to the aforementioned problem. Lately it felt as if she whole Edge had been against her, when all she wanted to do was to benefit the majority of the Edge.

"talk"
image credits

Helovian Ancient

The penguin didn’t take the bait and attack... which was probably for the best, right? Their attentions should be on dear Elsa, after all, she was why they were both here. Edgar’s life was tied to his and the reindeer… well, he might not exist if she wasn’t here for him to visit either. He’s still a little fuzzy on how that all works but he tried to ignore the existential crisis in favour of completing his job.

Though he did appreciate her pitying look, as though she might be interested in solving his problem. Well, he was rather starting to like her! And that favour encouraged him to wait patiently as she considered his questions, as she stepped back from him as though that would help her escape the topic. If she didn’t answer him today he would just find her again, to be sure. But he did not move, just blinked calmly and waited.

And then finally it was there - a wonderful, incredible affirmation that she did believe she was defending the Edge bravely. “Ah yes, but don’t we all feel like that? The best thing to do is try to learn from our failures so we might succeed next time.” He paused for a moment, considering the warrior before him - hardened into ice instead of the soft snow she had once been. “But I have a feeling you’re not quite as complete as a failure as you fear. I don’t make a habit of visiting just anyone, Elsa.”  

There he smiled faintly, feeling a little satisfied at being so close to completing his job.

“Sorry for all the blabber but I come bearing gifts and I had to make sure you were made of the right stuff.” The reindeer stepped back once so that there was a little more space between them then dropped his head. As he raised it again, ice flakes fell from his antlers and formed into a shining blade with an elegant curve. It stuck lightly into the ground between them, the point in the earth so that Elsa could grab the hilt and easily remove it. “May it uh… help you succeed in your… warrior endeavours...” Alright so maybe elegant words weren’t exactly the reindeer’s forte but here he was, giving it a shot. “Nothing too fancy right now, I suppose, so I suggest you take it to a god - they’ll be able to make it a little more interesting.”

Image Credits

@Elsa

Congratulations! Elsa has been given the following item and a VOTG pass to quest for it to be enchanted!
:: [ Item: Katana | simple iron blade with hilt ]

Elsa,

There was a warm bubbly feeling that filled Elsa when her good deeds were affirmed by their reindeer friend. It was hard for her to hold back the smile that edged its way across her face, and she turned away her head in both embarrassment- and for once, pride. Edgar, still bitter as ever was only alleviated by the reindeer's good deeds. 

Though, what happened next was even more surprising. Their guest took a step backward, lowering his antlers and with (literal) magic, snow began to sprinkle down in front of him. In no time, it was replaced by a long curved blade. The hilt was presented towards them and Elsa was in a state of awe. She looked back and forth between the weapon and its creator. Unable to hold back a smile, she grinned toward the reindeer. "I-thank you." She said quietly, still afraid to move like this was all some sort of sick joke. But nothing happened, instead it sat there, waiting for her to touch it. "You know... you said you're just a harbinger but I really do hope they let you stick around. You're a good soul and we could use more of you around." Her words were sincere, probably teetering on creepy but it was the truth. Edgar, huffing, turned his head, showing neither acceptance or rejection of Elsa's words.

Gently, the Icebound reached down, lifting it out of the ground. Teeth closed around the hilt, Elsa smiled through the blade. It was comforting to have the weight between her teeth. Sure, it was, in some others eyes, a bad thing to have a weapon... but someone had given this to her. Maybe she wasn't so useless after all. She tilted her head a few times, watching the moonlight glint off the shiny metal. She looked one last time, in case her newfound friend had anything to say. She dearly hoped that they would let him continue to live out his life. Wasn't often someone of his caliber was wandering around Helovia.

"talk"
image credits