the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fixer Upper

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The penguin didn’t take the bait and attack... which was probably for the best, right? Their attentions should be on dear Elsa, after all, she was why they were both here. Edgar’s life was tied to his and the reindeer… well, he might not exist if she wasn’t here for him to visit either. He’s still a little fuzzy on how that all works but he tried to ignore the existential crisis in favour of completing his job.

Though he did appreciate her pitying look, as though she might be interested in solving his problem. Well, he was rather starting to like her! And that favour encouraged him to wait patiently as she considered his questions, as she stepped back from him as though that would help her escape the topic. If she didn’t answer him today he would just find her again, to be sure. But he did not move, just blinked calmly and waited.

And then finally it was there - a wonderful, incredible affirmation that she did believe she was defending the Edge bravely. “Ah yes, but don’t we all feel like that? The best thing to do is try to learn from our failures so we might succeed next time.” He paused for a moment, considering the warrior before him - hardened into ice instead of the soft snow she had once been. “But I have a feeling you’re not quite as complete as a failure as you fear. I don’t make a habit of visiting just anyone, Elsa.”  

There he smiled faintly, feeling a little satisfied at being so close to completing his job.

“Sorry for all the blabber but I come bearing gifts and I had to make sure you were made of the right stuff.” The reindeer stepped back once so that there was a little more space between them then dropped his head. As he raised it again, ice flakes fell from his antlers and formed into a shining blade with an elegant curve. It stuck lightly into the ground between them, the point in the earth so that Elsa could grab the hilt and easily remove it. “May it uh… help you succeed in your… warrior endeavours...” Alright so maybe elegant words weren’t exactly the reindeer’s forte but here he was, giving it a shot. “Nothing too fancy right now, I suppose, so I suggest you take it to a god - they’ll be able to make it a little more interesting.”

Image Credits

@Elsa

Congratulations! Elsa has been given the following item and a VOTG pass to quest for it to be enchanted!
:: [ Item: Katana | simple iron blade with hilt ]

Messages In This Thread
Fixer Upper - by Random Event - 10-18-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Elsa - 10-19-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Random Event - 10-21-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Elsa - 10-22-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Random Event - 10-23-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Elsa - 10-24-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Random Event - 11-02-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Fixer Upper - by Elsa - 11-03-2016, 02:56 PM