the Rift

[OPEN] Father, father

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

A beast had risen from the sea sporting gills, scales and all, and he wanted to focus on making a better Helovia. He touted himself as more accessible and real than their gods, and she found herself scoffing at that idea. Perhaps those who were impatient and weak willed would believe that nonsense, but there was nothing and no one more powerful and benevolent than the Helovian gods.

Yes, her father had burned the world when the world had turned its back on him.

The moon goddess taught a hard but valuable lesson.

The time god did not let anyone's bullshit get in the way of his job.

And the earth god? He was generous, kind and good.

What more did they need? Perhaps she was biased given that she had a unique connection to the God of the Sun. He was her father and brought light into the world. He was the flame of Helovia, ever burning and ever alone. Aithniel had to consider that he would live lifetimes watching his loved ones grow old and die, and he would forever stay the stalwart god. No heartache would keep him from bringing the sun 'round each morning, and she wanted to thank him for that.

So, her loyalty was with her father above all. Perhaps the new water god was good. Perhaps he meant well. Perhaps he really was here to help the Helovian gods since they did so much. Either way, her father should know, and she wanted to be the one to bring the news. Aithniel worried about being a disappointment, and now she was ready to commit. Her youth had come and gone so fast that her emotions and maturity were just now catching up.

Aithniel approached his shrine and her hooves came to rest near the broken stone. Even if he did not come down to her, she knew that he would hear. "Father," she began quietly, summoning the flames he blessed her with as a bright light in the dusk sky. "I come to tell you of a being claiming to be like a god in the Isles. He wants to heal the land and be accessible to us. Is this your plan? Do you approve?" she asked, looking up at the sky.

Maybe he wouldn't answer.

Maybe he would. But at least, now he knew.

You let the world burn down
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by jasmine-autumn @DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

It wasn't often that Aithniel called to him. Certainly he heard her spare thoughts every now and then as she went about her day, but rarely was her stream of consciousness aimed towards him, or focused in this way. Unlike her departed sister, Aithiniel was independent and curious of the world, a combination that often pulled her away from the fold of her Father's gaze, but that made her strong, and determined. He valued these traits in his child, and so despite the intimacy that he might have hoped for from her, he preferred to see her take on the world on her own terms, rather than trying to burn out from under his shadow.

Appearing in a harmless burst of flame, the God appeared. There was no need for pomp or circumstance with Aithniel, for she was not one that he needed to impress his power upon, or demonstrate his authority. "Hello Aithniel-" He greeted warmly, ignoring for now the concerns that she had come to him with, and instead extending his flaming wings to gently encircle her porcelain frame, if she would allow it. The God inhaled, enjoying merely being in the presence of his child, before allowing himself to pull away. She had after all come here for a reason, not a reunion, and he would not belittle the seeming importance of her inquiry with his emotional needs.

"I have seen nothing of this being." He responded honestly, though he didn't appear concerned. The God had not been actively scouring the lands, after all, and since no threats had shown themselves to he, or his siblings, the arrival of whatever being Aithniel was referring to, did not immediately trouble him. "If he wishes to heal the land and has appeared in the Isles, then likely it is something that the Earth has concocted." With something like an annoyed twist of his lip, the God shook his antlered skull ever so slightly. "You know how he can be. Happy to find a job for just about anyone seeking to assist him." It was clear that the fiery deity did not approve. "Too many cooks, and all that." he muttered under his breath.

"What lands does he propose to help heal?" The God asked, sounding vaguely curious. "The marshes?" It was the only logical answer, for those were the only lands that might require any amount of restoration. "Or will this be another make over, like what he did for the Foothills?"

CREDITS

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel was surprised and pleased that her father appeared, the manner of his approach beautiful as always. A burst of harmless fire and suddenly, he was before her in all of his bright, radiant glory. She was ash in his presence, but perhaps he could set her on fire once more. His two, massive golden wings extended toward her, and she stepped into his embrace, comforted by her one parent's affections. Even his scent was comforting - like smoke from a summer fire. Regardless of her reasons for coming, she was truly glad to see him, and she hoped that her response imparted that emotion.

When he began to speak on the topic of their meeting, she relaxed. He did not seem concerned, so she followed suit and let the tension of this newcomer roll from her winged shoulders. She listened with rapt attention, smiling in amusement when his tone indicated his annoyance with the Earth God's overwhelming love for everyone and everything, and she couldn't help but agree.

Aithniel shook her head at his question, but he also gave her an idea. While the strange water "god" hadn't mentioned a particular location, the former marshes seemed a reasonable enough place to start. Maybe the earth god was employing others to heal the damaged Helovia? That would make sense.

"I am not sure," she said honestly, quietly, as she was deep in thought. "The water... thing... did not mention a particular location, but he said that he would 'get started' which sounded ominous to me." Aithniel sighed a little and smiled at her father. "Though I hadn't considered that the Earth God would employee such a creature to heal the land, especially since this being did not seem very fond of you and your siblings," she added with a small shrug of her wings.

"I will keep watch for you, father," she promised, standing firm on the small island. "Is there anything else you need or want me to do? My loyalties lie with you and with Helovia, always. I want to help..." Aithniel could invent plans and come up with thousands of hair brained ideas, but she was here to seek his guidance. She would be foolish to not ask for it outright.

You let the world burn down
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by jasmine-autumn @DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Although the God chuckled, he did not dismisse Aithniel's intuitions. His daughter had seen far more than he, and he trusted her inklings about this creature. Just because it was under the employe of his brother did not make it infallible. Besides, with the type of rif rad his brother so commonly took pity on, he would be surprised if this fellow that Aithniel spoke of had any qualifications at all, much less to be healing their lands. If the earth was so concerned about the Marshes - or wherever this healing was supposed to take place - why had his help not been enlisted? Had the Earth told his own child of his plans? Given that the earth demigoddess was not here with his child, implied that perhaps she did know or was simply not telling. Either way, Aithniel had thought it best to speak with him alone, and he thought there might be something to that.

Aithniel's vow made a proud and unwavering smile dance across his lips. For a moment he simply only wanted to beam down at her, enjoying the fine mare that she had grown into.  "I will speak with my brother. Perhaps I can help expedite this little mission and have this creature gone, especially if he is no more than hired help." The God grimaced slightly. Having someone here, even temporarily, on the Earth's side threw off the balance that they had worked so hard to create. It wasn't like his brother to do such a thing without communicating first. "Keep watch. Wherever this creature goes, try to follow. Gather as much information as you can, even if that means being complicit to some of his schemes. If anything untowards happens, let me know. You need not come to this place - I will hear you, even if I am not able to answer you in the flesh."

The God's smile had returned. His molten gaze was filled with a golden jubilation, overflowing with pride. Despite the weightiness of this conversation, she was still his daughter, and he was always glad to see her. "And Aithiniel?" He began, stepping forward and extending his wings towards her. "Thank you. You have done well."

CREDITS