the Rift

[DROP] SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

@Zekle 's question was an apt one, but not one that Isopia had a prepared answer for. In truth, she was still sceptical of this newcomer, but at the same time, when she searched deep in the cavities of her mind, she could find no real justification for her assumptions.

"I've never heard my Father speak of him, but there are lots of things my Father doesn't speak about." She answered in a low voice, meant only for Zero. Though she hadn't actually turned her head to look at him - her gaze was fixed intently on Kisamoa - she had leaned slightly towards him, bridging the same and causing the feathers of her wing to press gently against his wingless-side.

As Kisamoa explained that the seaweed would let them breathe underwater, Isopia's eyes widened. Such a thing was of course possible but ... To have so much of it in abundance? that was the part that Isopia didn't believe. Just an entire pile of magical kelp, there for the taking? And all so that they could visit a reef, long buried beneath the waves? It made no sense. And yet there were already a handful of foals running towards the water, grabbing a piece in their mouths, and diving down.

The Mountain studied the scene. Just as she was about to speak, @Aithniel descended in a shower of ash and fire. Without the memories of Volterra and their time together, any anger she had towards her cousin for bedding her lover was gone entirely. And so with an impassive stare, Isopia watched her cousin descend in an angry plume. Although Isopia assumed that if Kisamoa wanted to kill them there were probably other ways of doing it, surely having everyone drown themselves was the easiest of them?

And yet ... If this wasn't some sort of ploy, surely her Father would be disappointed to know that scepticism had stopped her from assisting with his plans? Even if they weren't plans that she had been told about.

"I'll go." Isopia said, striding forward. Her wing glided across Zero's flank in a silent, but unmistakable gesture of come with me. "If the weed does not have the magical properties Kisamoa declares, and something happens to me, Hubris will notify you." Her golden gaze tried to find Aithniel's eyes of steel, wanting to silently impart upon her the message of, If this is a trap, what is our play? Sure, they were the representatives of their parents, but in the face of such treachery, what would they be expected to do? Especially without Roskuld or Mesec?

Confidently, for the big mare was without fear in most instances, the demigoddess walked towards the water. Without a hitch of hesitation, she grabbed a piece of seaweed in her jaws, promptly clamped them shut, and dove headfirst into the water - red cape billowing behind her like a tail.

On the shore, Hubris whistled, anxiously wringing his clawed hands and looking towards Aithniel. It looked almost like he was listening - and in a way he was, only he was listening through the mental bond that he and Isopia shared. If it became evident that they were in danger - that they couldn't breathe under the waves, or that some other danger lurked there - he would let the ashen demigoddess know.

CONTEST WINNER

Iso goes into the water; Hubris will tell Aithiniel if anything bad happens.

isopia
Out across cities I see buildings burn into piles
And watch the world in wonder as mountains turn into tiles
And trees losing their leaves and faces becoming tired
I wish I could discover something that doesn't expire
Come and stumble me
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP] - by Isopia - 10-23-2016, 10:03 AM