the Rift

[DROP] SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

Suddenly, there's pressure on her tail. Teeth. She flails around sideways in the water and sees her mother's black-painted limbs, her horned head attempting to grab the filly's tail. Fuck off, mother, she thinks angrily, and with a savage hiss she wrenches her tail away from the silver's jaws. There could be all sorts of cool shit down here, and she'll be damned if she'll let her mother's overprotective instincts prevent her from seeing them.

She takes a breath, and to her surprise she doesn't feel water entering her lungs. It is eerie down here; quiet but strangely haunting, with multiple little silver fish-bodies darting around and the looming, ever-present majesty of the coral. The salt water stings the gargoyle's eyes, but not as much as she'd expected. Her long leonine tail makes a surprisingly good rudder and she uses it to propel herself downwards, following Kisamoa's light down into the depths. Her chest feels tight; not with the lack of oxygen, but with awe. There's a whole new world down here, one she'd never even dreamed of. Oizys is not the sort of girl to spend time examining the beauty of the world, but even she cannot deny that there is an allure to this underwater kingdom, this lost Atlantis beneath the waves.

Barnacle Bill instructs them to say a word to the coral, and the filly can think of plenty that she's sure the crusty coral would love to hear. It'd be typical Oizys to swear at the unsuspecting reef, but something in her stops her from her usual vulgarity. No, even this event is too....momentous for the gargoyle to ruin with her foul mouth. Instead she thinks of what life means to her; what these fish and plants, trapped beneath the sea, can never experience. They will never run between the mountains, their mane splayed out behind them as they marvel at their own speed. They will never climb the cliffs and view the panorama that awaits them, nor will they gallop between the trees with nothing but the tentative chains of herd membership to hold them back.

"Freedom," she says, and she thinks it too, with as much force as she can muster.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

Ozzy says the word 'freedom'.

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP] - by Oizys - 10-30-2016, 07:14 AM